996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Who's Going to WIN the Shootout?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 01:47 PM
Red C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by sticky
King of wheelspin I hear...
You hear wrong.

Old 10-26-2004, 03:09 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Red C5
You hear wrong.
I saw 1.5 60 foots

Old 10-26-2004, 03:24 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Will your car be there?
it's not his car any longer and no it won't be there. But Todd Knighton will be there along with a different beast.

Old 10-26-2004, 03:29 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
yup.. alex and XXXXXXX

Old 10-26-2004, 03:40 PM
Red C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to behold
Is there a chance that Chad's car will make it out? I haven't been on in the last few weeks so I'm not sure where that stands. Would definately like to see that car run. I've heard and read so much about it.

Old 10-26-2004, 04:14 PM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Red - specs on your car? Is it the same blown c5?

Old 10-26-2004, 08:03 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sharkster
Our pal Hayden at WEVO
And who did the prototype of this clutch?

Last edited by cjv; 10-26-2004 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:16 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
There was alot of work making this clutch work. Sharkster, I know one of the companies you mentioned had to pick up at least one from S Car Go. The clutch by itself is only part of the story.

Last edited by cjv; 10-26-2004 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:18 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
CJV,
Thats not what I am using. We had something else made that is similar to the 930 stuff we have built.

Old 10-26-2004, 08:22 PM
cjv
Originally posted by PorschePhD
CJV,
Thats not what I am using. We had something else made that is similar to the 930 stuff we have built.
Stephen,

I don't believe sharkster mentioned you. To my knowledge Imagine didn't buy one. This clutch is designed for 800 to 1200 hp depending on number of discs and materials used.

I believe the above was born out of the necessity of the current available clutch's not being up to the power of KA. The Tilton clutch would not work without some machining WEVO, and linkage S-Car-Go Racing and WEVO. Along with the time to make it fit (in and out of KA multiple times.)

I just want to make sure credit is given where credit is due. It doesn't take long for people to realize when a good idea comes along and is made into a reality. Speaking of credit, the idea was hatched when we saw the setup The Racers Group was using for the first time at Le Mans two races ago.

Last edited by cjv; 10-26-2004 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:45 PM
cjv
Is there a chance that Chad's car will make it out? I haven't been on in the last few weeks so I'm not sure where that stands. Would definately like to see that car run. I've heard and read so much about it.
Red C5,

To answer your question, we have a decision to make. We have two GT3R cranks sitting at S Car Go Racing. Both were knife edged, cross drilled, oil passages worked, micro polished and cryo treated. If we use the stock GT3R crank we also have the Pauter custom rods available so as to make the Shootout. However, this is not the set up we want to use on this 4.0L motor. The set up we want to use is the GT3R crank in which the journals were turned down to approx 2" to accomodate the NASCAR oval bearings. We spent almost a year trying to locate these bearings and then buy them. We couldn't do a thing (machine work and rod wise until be verified the physical dimensions) The problem is the big end of the rods needs to be different. Different dimensions. These rods were only recently ordered (last week) and they take seven weeks to delivery.

I really don't want to tear down this motor twice ............. just for this shootout. But then again.

Last edited by cjv; 10-26-2004 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Banned
toddstacky is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who's Going to WIN the Shootout?

Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
Ever driven a C5?
Yes, and what's the point???
There fast but not 600hp TT fast???

Old 10-26-2004, 09:00 PM
Banned
toddstacky is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Who's Going to WIN the Shootout?

Originally posted by fattony
You think drag racing requires no skill? and I'm not talking the 9-11 second cars.

No skill, no, some skill, Yes..
As much skill as driving on a road course for 30 minutes, going from 30-165mph, lateral g's, braking, accelerating, give me a break. Who has more talent John Force or Michael Schumacher??
One makes 80 million a year...

Old 10-26-2004, 09:48 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who's Going to WIN the Shootout?

Originally posted by toddstacky
Yes, and what's the point???
There fast but not 600hp TT fast???
Mine was ...

Old 10-26-2004, 10:55 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who's Going to WIN the Shootout?

Originally posted by NoMercy
Mine was ...
Mine was too (high 9's)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who's Going to WIN the Shootout?