996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TA LED Splitters (first attempt)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 08:59 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
whats involved in the install? bumper needs to come off ?.. and what about wiring?

Old 06-23-2009, 09:04 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by boca996tt
whats involved in the install? bumper needs to come off ?.. and what about wiring?
nothing too serious. i wired mine to the side marker lights
you could always do a separate switch if you wanted

Old 06-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Larry,

Yes, bumper needs to come off. When I did mine, I connected the red/black wires and powered them through the side marker light on the driverside as it had the most room imo

Edwin

Old 06-23-2009, 11:33 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
when will they be available.. and at what price?

Old 06-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
when will they be available.. and at what price?
Larry,

Jason's was a one-off so we'll have to redo it again. It will prob be just the hollowed out splitter and it will be up to the end user to glue and connect the LED lights. The price will be set once it's completed (prob 2-3 weeks)

Edwin

Old 06-23-2009, 01:12 PM
VEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really nice
i most definitely want a pair of these. Im impressed, no more trying to do the 997 conversion. lol

Old 06-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Billystang is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up look nice!!

i want a pair too a.s.a.p
whats the price ?
thanks

Old 06-25-2009, 03:10 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Saw the lights in person the other week. VERY VERY nice work! Def want a pair when they are available!

Old 06-25-2009, 05:03 PM
doktordyper is infamous around these parts
me too

when/if you have them available for OEM 996tt bumper. perhaps you can put out a feeler to guage interest, hence production run qty and economy of scale price? just an idea....

Old 06-25-2009, 07:22 PM
SaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really nice
Impressive, looks tidy, no stick on look. How much $$

Old 06-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Billystang is infamous around these parts
vivid sells the techart splitters for the front bumper for $468
im sure someone can make look a like those for a lot less money!!!!!!
imagine buying those for $468 plus the led's e.t.c will be $600 or more

Last edited by Billystang; 06-25-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:00 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Jason, you are the man. They look great. I have the same bumper you do since I bought mine from you. Were the splitters hard to remove from the bumper? I have to have this!

Old 06-26-2009, 01:06 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Can you make them so the LED's fit flush with the splitter?

Old 06-26-2009, 07:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
Seems like there are a lot of interest. I'll see what the cost will be and get a mold going.

Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Jason, you are the man. They look great. I have the same bumper you do since I bought mine from you. Were the splitters hard to remove from the bumper? I have to have this!
Two screws and the splitter is out. You'll have to take off your front bumper though.

Originally Posted by Billystang
vivid sells the techart splitters for the front bumper for $468
im sure someone can make look a like those for a lot less money!!!!!!
imagine buying those for $468 plus the led's e.t.c will be $600 or more
The LED's are $3 each from Oznium.com (which is where we got them). We are still not sure if we are going to sell the splitters mounted with LED's or just the empty splitter and have the end user mount the leds. Either way, you will still have to wire them up.

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Can you make them so the LED's fit flush with the splitter?
Scott, the problem with those LED's is that they have a dome top. See pic below when I was testing it if it was waterproof.

I have a few left over, I might try to sand them down to see how they will look with a flatter top

Edwin

Last edited by PrecisionPorsch; 06-26-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:20 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Just an idea.... if you could incorporate them into your new TA stlye bumpers for an increased price it might make it worth having them all set up for an easy install.

For those who already have the TA bumper they can purchase them seperately and incorporate them in.

Id love to buy that bumper with the LED's already in place and all I would have to do is paint the bumper, wire them up and im good to go. You would definately beat out the competition when having to choose where to get their TA style bumper from if you were offering this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TA LED Splitters (first attempt)