996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TA LED Splitters (first attempt)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LiNks
Just an idea.... if you could incorporate them into your new TA stlye bumpers for an increased price it might make it worth having them all set up for an easy install.

For those who already have the TA bumper they can purchase them seperately and incorporate them in.

Id love to buy that bumper with the LED's already in place and all I would have to do is paint the bumper, wire them up and im good to go. You would definately beat out the competition when having to choose where to get their TA style bumper from if you were offering this.
Link,

when you say have them incorporated into the bumper, do you mean like into the actual bumper cover? My only concern about that is if it might look to "rice"

Edwin

Old 06-26-2009, 10:02 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, I hear what your saying. You know a lot better then me, I was just thinking out loud.. Id love to be able to slap on a bumper like that with the LED's fully functional, but of course it would have to look quality.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:41 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Jason, you are the man. They look great. I have the same bumper you do since I bought mine from you. Were the splitters hard to remove from the bumper? I have to have this!
thanks bro. you're car is looking sick. yeah, the splitters are just 2-3 screws to remove, very easy

Old 06-27-2009, 03:28 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Seems like there are a lot of interest. I'll see what the cost will be and get a mold going.

Two screws and the splitter is out. You'll have to take off your front bumper though.

The LED's are $3 each from Oznium.com (which is where we got them). We are still not sure if we are going to sell the splitters mounted with LED's or just the empty splitter and have the end user mount the leds. Either way, you will still have to wire them up.

Scott, the problem with those LED's is that they have a dome top. See pic below when I was testing it if it was waterproof.

I have a few left over, I might try to sand them down to see how they will look with a flatter top

Edwin
yeah I totally see what you're saying. Maybe you can mount them recessed a bit so the top of the dome is about even with the opening. I dunno, just throwin it out there. But I really like it even with the led's sticking out, it looks good. I'm just one of those people who see's something he likes and immediately tries to think of ways to make it even better. I guess we all are, that's why we do things like mod perfectly good cars

Old 06-27-2009, 09:21 PM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
Yo bruthas u know im in for a pair............

Old 06-28-2009, 03:46 AM
enoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to behold
interesting

Old 06-28-2009, 07:53 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Edwin
What happen to the rear lights you were working on a month ago?

Old 06-28-2009, 09:40 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone fancy making a Techart Bumper for my Audi R8

Old 06-28-2009, 03:37 PM
mrmikey32 is infamous around these parts
I have seen a few of these projects on other cars. But why would you use LED bulbs? I think the outcome would have been much better if you had used an SMD instead of a bulb. Plus the smd is a lot brighter, and more visible from all angles.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Billystang is infamous around these parts
is someone can make copies from the splitters fiberglass and we can buy them?
TA spliters are about $400-500 right?

Old 06-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Edwin
What happen to the rear lights you were working on a month ago?
Rob, it didn't make sense financially for me. I'm working on a one-off set for my car. We'll see how that goes...

Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Anyone fancy making a Techart Bumper for my Audi R8
Sorry Steve...no audis for us...yet

Originally Posted by mrmikey32
I have seen a few of these projects on other cars. But why would you use LED bulbs? I think the outcome would have been much better if you had used an SMD instead of a bulb. Plus the smd is a lot brighter, and more visible from all angles.
Mikey, I've never heard of SMD but I'll look into it for further projects

Originally Posted by Billystang
is someone can make copies from the splitters fiberglass and we can buy them?
TA spliters are about $400-500 right?
Billy, yes, we have the fiberglass splitters for the TA fronts for sale. Let me know if you need one. Thanks

Edwin

Old 06-28-2009, 07:28 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Edwin,

I think that Mr. Mikey's talking about SMD's like the ones on this site
http://www.tradekey.com/ks-flexible-smd-lights/

Interesting, but kinda rice in most applications. However, if done well, I'm sure it could be done tastefully and not give the "Pep Boy's" look that most cars that I've seen these lights on seem to have. I really like that you don't mind exploring outside of the norm of the Status Quo within the Porsche community. It's been a breath of fresh air!!!