996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

sounds too good

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:48 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
sounds too good

i have been offered a car for a very cheap price 30k (at least 10k less than blue book), he says hes desperate and its either the car or his house that goes, he says he was messed arround by the last seller whose financing fell though last week and now he needs cash urgently

other then getting vin number, running carfax, getting thorough ppi, dme etc how else can i cover myself

i'm not stupid, i know when things appear too good to be true they usually are but there are a lot of desperate people out their right now

he then emailed this, he gave me the vin number as well

I don't have any problems regarding the inspection.
The transaction process through ebay is quite easy :
- first you will have to transfer the money to them
- when they will get your deposit it will be secured into a non-interest bearing trust account
- once they notify me that they have your money I can either deliver the car to your address or you can come and pick it up yourself. You can take it then at any porsche dealer you may want and have a full inspection.
- if you decide to keep the car after the 10 day period you will transfer the title into your name and ebay will transfer the money to my account otherwise you will get a full refund.
If you agree with these terms, please email me your eBay username along with your Full Name, address and phone number so I can start this process through eBay.
I will call you as soon as I will register the transaction to talk about the remaining details

Old 06-22-2009, 09:52 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
definately has scam written all over it, he just emailed this to me

I'm sorry but I can't afford to lose time like I did with the previous buyer, I just want to be sure you have the money. I can drive it myself to you if you want but I want it done through ebay.
I'm in discussions with 2 more buyers so you would might want to hurry up

Old 06-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Don't walk, RUN!
If you're still curious, tell him you have a friend who lives 15 minutes away who wants to come by and look at the car today. See how that goes over.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Ray C. is infamous around these parts
This does not sound safe. You can contact ebay and they will tell you if it is a scam; forward the person's info to them.
Spoof@ebay.com

Old 06-22-2009, 10:05 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Run the VIN #

Old 06-22-2009, 10:05 AM
its not on ebay anymore, he wants the transaction to go through ebay though, says its safer for everyone

i just emailed him asking if my friend can come and look at the car today

Old 06-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by PALETTE
Run the VIN #

he could of got the vin of any car on any car lot, same place he could of got the pics, dont want to waste a carfax at this point

Old 06-22-2009, 10:09 AM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Certainly a scam.

Notice that you have to pay in full for the car before you get to do an inspection. Report to ebay.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:11 AM
he agreed to my friend stopping by before 4.00 to see the car (i dont have any friends in texas though)

i would have thought he would have come up with an excuse why it wouldnt be possible

Old 06-22-2009, 10:17 AM
justinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by buzzm
he agreed to my friend stopping by before 4.00 to see the car (i dont have any friends in texas though)

i would have thought he would have come up with an excuse why it wouldnt be possible
Where in Texas is it?

Justin

Old 06-22-2009, 10:19 AM
correction, hes from meza AZ

Old 06-22-2009, 10:23 AM
ColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud of
Call Dan @ Vivid and have him go give it a look over. He's right in that area.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:31 AM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Buzz -

I live in Indiana, and I bought my car from a guy in Charlotte, NC. When I felt I was serious about the car, I had him take it to a local Porsche dealer (Hendrick) and have a PPI done at my expense. Since I was paying for it, I got to talk directly to the service manager, who also knew the PO and the car. Also ran a carfax on it.

We did a simple contract by mail, and I flew down to NC with a cashier's check. He signed over the title to me, gave me the keys and I drove it home. Even with all of this, it turned out that there was an "issue" with the title because it was a leased car, and four different states were involved (lease in one state, his legal residence in another, car registered in a third where he had a vacation home, and mine). Everybody involved was honest, and it got resolved quickly, but you have to be very, very careful. Otherwise you may be out the money, and you may or may not have a car that you may or may not be able to register.

At the same time, I was selling my old car on AutoTrader, and got several scammers who wanted to "buy" it. There are just a zillion of these rats lying in the woods.

Hope it all works out for you.

Jon

Old 06-22-2009, 11:03 AM
said hes fine having my friend come and see it, hes catching aplane at 4.00 though

carfax is clean, he says he has title in hand

is there any way to confirm whose name is on the title ?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
OK, plan B. Google the nearest Porsche dealership and have him drive it there for an inspection which you will pay for via credit card over the phone.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: sounds too good