996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Newport Beach Porsche Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 11:09 AM
JakeMate is infamous around these parts
I will go to Porsche NA on this definitely.

BTW...the reason I gave him a bad evaluation was that he lied to me about something about a month ago. He basically told me something different than the technician in order to cover up something he forgot. I don't appreciate being lied to.

I had an appointment to bring it in again last week. I scheduled an appointment and brought it in first thing in the morning. When I got there, he said they couldn't fix the rattle in my dash because it was raining outside??? So I called today to make another appointment and this is when this all happened.

BTW...the rattle sounds like its coming from the passenger airbag area. It drives me crazy.

Man...I don't have time to deal with this crap. I'm very busy with work right now and this is one more headache I don't need. Why me???

Last edited by JakeMate; 10-27-2004 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:16 AM
CA 996 is infamous around these parts
Burn his dumbass

Old 10-27-2004, 11:32 AM
Banned
tuningwerks is infamous around these parts
I work less than 5 minutes away from that place...all the socaler's should stop by and ask to talk to the general manager about this - that way they'll realize how many people are aware of this situation.

Sorry to hear, depending upon where you live, you may want to give Walter's a try in Riverside. I'm in Irvine and I've heard good things from them and they're only about 20 min. away on the toll -road.

Old 10-27-2004, 11:54 AM
Bobby G is infamous around these parts
I doubt this guy's manager condoned blowing you off.

I'd write the service manager and general manager of the dealership and explain what happened, and send a copy of the letter under a short cover to Porsche of NA.

Is it worth naming names so that we don't do business with this particular service manager? My bro services his car in the OC. If the consensus is not to name this guy publicly, please pm me his contact info.

-Bobby

Old 10-27-2004, 12:01 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Definitely call up a local TV consumer advocate or investigative reporter type person (like Michael Finney) in the bay area.
Ask them to do a story on it.
Tell the GM that you're planning to go that route if they don't give you the service that you deserves and fire the service mgr.

Or get a bunch of local 6speeders to show up with you and demand proper service. Let them know you have the power to influence many local porsche enthusiasts.

Old 10-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Headdoc is infamous around these parts
I don't appreciate being lied to.
I totally agree with you Jake. I also have struggled with a couple of constant rattles in the top and the pass. seat. I rescheduled appts. at my office and took the car in. They said the rattles were "taken care of." On the way home, the rattle started up again.

Try Walters in Riverside. If I lived closer, I would take my car there wtihout hesistation.

Last edited by Headdoc; 10-27-2004 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:31 PM
keoni1978 is infamous around these parts
You definitely need to talk to his manager and the GM about this. There is no way I'm going to NB Porsche for service now. I was hesitant before but this definitely helped my decision. Too bad because they are so close

Old 10-27-2004, 12:41 PM
blkgt3 is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear that JakeMate. I just had first "annual service" for my GT3 there yesterday. It cost me $595($495 labor, $100 parts). I called for the appointment the same day. Who did you talk to? The advisor I spoke to was a female. The 2 advisor that I like were Roger and Russ both recently left.

Tony

Old 10-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
I would love to use NB Porsche since they are the closest to my house. I have never taken it there because they don't give Porsche loaners.

Now I have an EXTRA incentive never to use them.

Old 10-27-2004, 12:43 PM
40anny is infamous around these parts
name??

I'd like to know his name too. I get my car serviced at NB Porsche (it's close to work) and I want to make sure that I get a different service advisor.

Old 10-27-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Bobby G
I doubt this guy's manager condoned blowing you off.

-Bobby
I highly doubt it too. He said his manager would call me, but he probably never talked to him about it.

BTW....his name is Don Knaggs.

You know...the more I think about it, the more I think he's got the toughest job in the world. I mean....it must be hard to reconcile the fact that someone much younger than him bothered to go to school and become a successful engineer and then be able to afford such a nice car.

Last edited by JakeMate; 10-27-2004 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:18 PM
996 MPH is infamous around these parts
I also had a recent incident with NB Porsche service. Without going into specific details, this is what occured. A part that was faulty was replaced with an obviously visible old/used part instead of a new component. The technician denied the occurence at first when questioned, but after I took the car back to show the service consultant, the technician then stated the part was swithed with a used component only for diagnostic reasons and completely forgot to replace it with a new item. What if it was a nonvisible part in the engine compartment? I would have never known.

Following the incident, I gave them an unsatisfactory evaluation and sent an email to Porsche on their website. I'm still waiting for a response.

Old 10-27-2004, 11:00 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
I've got an oil change to do...sounds like Walter's is the only place to go for us OC guys.

BTW, unless this gets resolved to JakeMate's satisfaction, NB Porsche gets none of my business.

T

Old 10-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Thanks for support guys. I'm going to start by calling and asking for the General Manager later this morning. I'll see what happens there. I'll keep you posted.

Old 10-27-2004, 11:49 PM
Bri
EE
Bri has a spectacular aura aboutBri has a spectacular aura about
Good luck Jake! I'm with you on this one.. I don't think I'd appreciate being lied to also and it's highly disrespectful of him to do that. I think he should have just admitted his mistake and tried to correct it.. Now, he blames it on other people and throws trash **** at you? Now, that's just completely wrong... I would be happy if he gets fired... I know I don't want that kind of service rep to encounter with.. Especially on a Porsche... Let us know!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Newport Beach Porsche Service