996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Newport Beach Porsche Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 12:28 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
just like you code name AKAMATE, check mate his *** and see who has the last laugh. just a thought his manager and him are probably bro's so all he would really get is a slap on the wrist. send this thread to someone bigger not located in the newport service like the GM.

Old 10-28-2004, 12:47 AM
JakeMate is infamous around these parts
Don,

You bet I'll CheckMate his ***.

I just called the GM and left him a message. We'll see if he calls me back.

Last edited by JakeMate; 10-28-2004 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:05 AM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
Jake,

I've had problems over there myself in the last couple years. They have changed Service Managers 3 times and its like you have to befriend each one to get good service.

I had a problem where I talked to the GM and wrote hime a letter about the Service Mananger. Since then everything has been cool.

I think the new Porsche Service Manager is named Cookie. When I was in there the last time, I got excellent service, a rental and she even had my car washed for me.

I forgot the GM's name, but its his job to get you straightened out try him first, as he helped me out.

good luck

Old 10-28-2004, 03:46 AM
I just talked with Bill Shendell (?sp) who is some manager there. He said he wants to work with me to resolve the situation but he defended this guy to the end saying how hard these people have to work (like we don't work hard to afford these cars). You know if we didn't buy the cars, he wouldn't even have a job.

He said I handled the situation poorly because I blasted him on the survey. He said I should have gone to him and complained first. Why should I go out of my way when I know I'm going to get a phone survey? Isn't that the proper forum for conveying my feelings about the visit?

He's supposed to call me back after he talks with some people there and said he'll set up an appointment but I'm not sure I want to even give them the chance. I might elsewhere and take this further.

Old 10-28-2004, 03:50 AM
keoni1978 is infamous around these parts
sounds like this Bill Shendell might be a friend of his and talking to him is not going to get anywhere. You need to ttalk to the GM period.

Old 10-28-2004, 03:59 AM
Man...I just called Walter's in Riverside and I'd have to get the car there before 6:30 in order to get a loaner. There's no way I can get down the 91 in time for this to happen. I'm totally stuck!

Old 10-28-2004, 04:06 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
Ditto Keoni....this Bill dude sounds like a dead end. If he started out by reprimanding you for your survey, he's clearly NOT on your side.

Go to the GM. If he won't help, find the OWNER. If he won't help, it's time for a letter writing campaign to the news, PCNA, BBB, the CA B.A.R., and JD Power.

If it comes to that point, please please let me know how I can help. I'm game for a full on war with these ******.

Old 10-28-2004, 04:25 AM
keoni1978 is infamous around these parts
I won’t give them any business until your situation gets resolved to your satisfaction

Old 10-28-2004, 04:33 AM
After thinking about it some more, I really don't want to go back there. I made an appointment to drop off my car at Walter's tomorrow at lunchtime.

Now, I can demand that this jackhole at Newport Beach Porsche apologizes and I can take this to the top and to Porsche NA.

That Bill guy is supposed to call me back this afternoon. I'll let you know what he says.

Old 10-28-2004, 04:41 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
you kind of set yourself up for this if you ask me, common reaction if you blast someone, it sucks but it's reality. don't let your ego drive you down.....
screw them, they already took enough of your time. just remember your the one fortunate enough to drive such a beautiful car and they just get to work on them.

best regards,
siggy

Old 10-28-2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Don Relentless
you kind of set yourself up for this if you ask me, common reaction if you blast someone, it sucks but it's reality. don't let your ego drive you down.....
screw them, they already took enough of your time. just remember your the one fortunate enough to drive such a beautiful car and they just get to work on them.

best regards,
siggy
I agree. But its just wrong to get screwed over for telling the truth on a survey. Ultimately, I'll speak with the mighty dollar by just ignoring that they even exist. I'll take my business elsewhere.

Old 10-28-2004, 05:08 AM
The Cuban
Jpcuban is infamous around these partsJpcuban is infamous around these parts
Fry his arrogant ***. I hate that ****.. Call the owner and write a letter directly to that service guy.... cc his boss, his bosses boss and anybody else you can think off and cc an attorney.

Make his life hell and dont send your car there...

Old 10-28-2004, 05:25 AM
Bobby G is infamous around these parts
Jake - the line that "Bill" gave you was more BS. How dare he tell you that you, the customer, handled the situation poorly? The purpose of the phone surveys are to ensure that the service experience is positive and keep the service folks in check. The service guys know very well that you're going to get that call, and if you're not treated right, you're going to give them a negative review. The underling lied to you, and you called him on it.

You might have done things differently, but I understand that you didn't want to put yourself in a position of confrontation and aggravation with a service tech if you didn't need to. Frankly, I wish more service organizations had a phone survey check system. Then again, for every jerk off service rep, there's a jerk off, self-absorbed, misunderstanding customer. I can tell that you are not the latter, which is why I'm upset for you!

Old 10-28-2004, 06:08 AM
RKS
RKS is infamous around these parts
Write your letters, but the best revenge you can have is to recommend to anyone you know owning or about to purchase a Porsche that they NOT buy from or have their cars serviced by this dealer. Hit them in the pocketbook. Your negative response to the survey should have let them know they have a problem. They should have thanked you and made an effort to rectify it. Your sad experience with this dealer (not just their service dept.) makes me realize how fortunate we are to have Carlsen Porsche and Akkurat in our backyard. BTW, it's probably best to never leave your car in their hands again, based on their attitide regarding this issue. I know I wouldn't.

Old 10-28-2004, 06:41 AM
Garey Cooper is infamous around these parts
Consider Circle Motors. It is in Long Beach on PCH at the Traffic Circle. I have had cars serviced in both places and although my NB experiences were good so were my Circle experiences.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Newport Beach Porsche Service