996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Newport Beach Porsche Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 06:45 AM
Garey Cooper is infamous around these parts
You know I forgot to add on the subject of loaners.......I have an Infiniti SUV (the 35) a 2001 Twin Turbo and a 2003 C4S. With the Infiniti I get a loaner every time, usually a cool little coupe, however with Porsche there is none.

I know that this is an expensive program but when I think of my Lexus/Infiniti/even Lincoln experiences with in and out service and waiting loaner cars Porsche has a ways to go in the customer loyalty area.

By the way I MUST give NB a kudo as they will pick you up and deliver you with a service. I have used this service in the past.

Old 10-28-2004, 07:34 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Circle imports is a good dealership, I have a friend that gets his car done there, drives out from newport coast. He to wasn't happy w/ newport.

Old 10-28-2004, 08:03 AM
miki4s is infamous around these parts
yeah i think i will go to circle this time. i went to NB and they said my radio needed to be replaced. it is still under warranty but it's taken three visits and still no radio. i wonder if it's because i have given them bad reports after all the visits. oh well i will go to circle.

Old 10-28-2004, 08:31 AM
JakeMate is infamous around these parts
Man, I can't believe all the bad experiences with Newport Beach Porsche. It blows me away.

The service manager, Bill, just called me and I told him thanks, but no thanks. I told him that he did nothing but try to make me feel like I did something wrong and that he never apologized for this inconvenience or Don Knagg's actions.

I then called the GM one more time and left him a message stating how Bill treated me. We'll see.

I have a buddy that works at a well known, local sporting goods company that deals with the GM. He gives them a bunch of swag, especially when the Germans come over to visit because these sporting goods are more expensive in Europe. My buddy drives a GT3 (purchased elsewhere) and is thinking about buying a Cayenne Turbo from these guys. He said he may give the GM a call to 'discuss' the situation.

Old 10-28-2004, 08:37 AM
911 flyn is infamous around these parts
T.

Walters Porsche in Riverside is a great dealer ,I've purchased two cars from them and have always been treated well from both sales and service. My friend Mike had his RMS replaced there, he was in and out quickly with no problems.

It's a drive for you OC guys but may be well worth it.

Roy

Old 10-28-2004, 09:00 AM
harvs is infamous around these parts
I've never had a good experience at the NB porsche. Only way inflated prices and snobby attitudes. I've visited several times because it's the closest one to me, and each time is a disappointment. I've learned my lesson for good, finally. Don't waste your time, listen to the great advice of your fellow 6speeders and take it elsewhere, anywhere else!

Old 10-28-2004, 09:51 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by JakeMate
Man, I can't believe all the bad experiences with Newport Beach Porsche. It blows me away.

The service manager, Bill, just called me and I told him thanks, but no thanks. I told him that he did nothing but try to make me feel like I did something wrong and that he never apologized for this inconvenience or Don Knagg's actions.

I then called the GM one more time and left him a message stating how Bill treated me. We'll see.

I have a buddy that works at a well known, local sporting goods company that deals with the GM. He gives them a bunch of swag, especially when the Germans come over to visit because these sporting goods are more expensive in Europe. My buddy drives a GT3 (purchased elsewhere) and is thinking about buying a Cayenne Turbo from these guys. He said he may give the GM a call to 'discuss' the situation.

yea, you'd think w/ all the p-cars in the area they would smarten up and be a good service provider

Old 10-28-2004, 10:52 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
Scott - It may be that because of all the P-cars in the area that they don't have to try hard. Half of NB owns a Porsche of some sort, and they have to get them serviced somewhere.

They don't call it Newporsche Beach for nothing

Old 10-28-2004, 11:10 AM
RacerX is infamous around these parts
I CAN TELL U FIRST HAND

i had a similar experience with the sales department telling me i couldnt take my car there to be serviced...etc....suffice to say i contact the dealer principal and then the factory representative...ALL dealers have SIGNED LEGAL agreements with Porsche they HAVE to abide by....DO IT AND CHECK IT OUT U will see him crawl back to u with apoligies!!!!

Old 10-28-2004, 12:59 PM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
Jake,

When I made my lat complaint it was with Bill Schindell and he was the GM. I told him if they didn't resolve my complaint that I would take my business to Hoehn or Circle and that I recieved mailers from them all the time asking for my business.

In the end you are in the right, and you may need to take this up a notch. I did also mention in my letter that I had purchased cars from them and would go elsewhere as a result.

If he doesn't respond to that, screw him. If they don't appreciate your business forget it.

The only real problem is when something goes wrong on your car and you need to put it on a flatbed and pick it up in Riverside or San Diego the morning of an important business meeting and your driving a Buick rental becasue you didn't have time to drive out and get it :-(

Old 10-29-2004, 01:44 AM
tofumann is infamous around these parts
Write a letter to the "owner" and cc that to everyone and their mothers. Who knows...may be all the people whom you've been spoken with are butt-buddies.

After the letter had been sent, just move on.

Old 10-29-2004, 02:23 AM
Stealth Mode
asun999 is infamous around these parts
Leave their mothers out of this!

Old 10-29-2004, 02:55 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
It's the old school way of doing business in high income demographics. like any other business with snob appeal, service mangers size you up the minute they see you. older gentlemen with gray in his hair all brooks brothers out will recieve the official brown nose treatment. a young cat that's inked up will recieve less then fair treatment. i am assuming that most of those that recieved poor treatment were young. the way you carry yourself determines what table you sit in, in the back by the bathrooms or in the middle with good lighting. For women it's slightly different, besides the whole age factor and guesstimated income factor, you have the how hot are you factor, which recieves the Johnny Walker Blue treatment. Lifes a big hustle, so get some!

Old 10-29-2004, 03:46 AM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
Talking

I better go buy a Brooks Brothers. No wonder I always get hassled Don!

Old 10-29-2004, 05:45 AM
turbo_freak is infamous around these parts
sounds like a lot of stress and headache over a small issue, you could have just confronted the guy when you first figured out that he lied or whatever. I would be grumpy too if you trashed me on a survery that my pay is based on.

at least he told you upfront instead of being vindictive and ****ing with your car.

just take your car somewhwre else and if that's too much of a hassle, suck it up and let the manger's know, I am sure you can go right to them from now on when you come in. But if you are really that fed up with the place just go elsewhere .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Newport Beach Porsche Service