996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Newport Beach Porsche Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 05:59 AM
turbo_freak is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by turbo_freak
sounds like a lot of stress and headache over a small issue, you could have just confronted the guy when you first figured out that he lied or whatever. I would be grumpy too if you trashed me on a survery that my pay is based on.

at least he told you upfront instead of being vindictive and ****ing with your car.

just take your car somewhwre else and if that's too much of a hassle, suck it up and let the manger's know, I am sure you can go right to them from now on when you come in. But if you are really that fed up with the place just go elsewhere .
oh and don't **** where you sleep

Old 10-29-2004, 12:59 PM
trekkyy is infamous around these parts
sounds like a lot of stress and headache over a small issue,
So are u saying he should put up with that ****?. I own a business and i would never ever treat a customer like that, even if my income depended on him/her.

I would be grumpy too if you trashed me on a survery that my pay is based on
U shouldnt be. The service rep should have asked him why he got trashed and maybe learn from his mistake. Retaliating against ur customer is simply dumb.

Old 11-01-2004, 05:09 AM
tmy727 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by JakeMate
Man, I can't believe all the bad experiences with Newport Beach Porsche. It blows me away.

The service manager, Bill, just called me and I told him thanks, but no thanks. I told him that he did nothing but try to make me feel like I did something wrong and that he never apologized for this inconvenience or Don Knagg's actions.

I then called the GM one more time and left him a message stating how Bill treated me. We'll see.
That really sucks that anyone would have to go through what Newport Porsche puts their customers through. As I've said on my earlier post regarding the crappy service that they gave me.... you do get better service anywhere.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...=newport+beach

Ironically, the jerk that I dealt with was also Don Faggs.... after tolerating with his crap for 3 month... I went straight to Bill. Fortunately, it ended there.... but it's very unfortunate that it had to escalate that far. I would have taken it farther to consumer agencies and BBB if necessary. It wasn't like I was expecting anyone to bend over backwards because I drive a p-car and I'm sure that's not what Jake was expecting either. Just common courtesy and doing their job.

Needless to say... I haven't been back and Newport Porsche obviously don't have my recommendation. I wouldn't tolerate it either Jake.... and take it to any level that you feel necessary.

Take care and I'm sure things will work out in your favor!
Tim

Old 11-01-2004, 10:58 AM
KenHenderson is infamous around these parts
It's been said several times, but you really need to contact J.D. Powers & Associates. I believe the home office is in Agoura Hills. My brother no longer owns his P-car, but he avoided NB Porsche like the plague. I think his experiences actually drove him from the brand, with a big assist from his ex.

If anybody has the regional manager's email address, I suggest you post it up and we can all send him/her emails about this matter. That should get somebody's attention.....someone who can effectuate a permanent resolution.

Old 11-01-2004, 11:09 AM
techart 996 #3 is infamous around these parts
Why dont you e mail this thread to newport. For you it might be too late but it might help out other fellow porsche owners. Good luck to you.

Old 11-01-2004, 11:23 AM
The Cuban
Jpcuban is infamous around these partsJpcuban is infamous around these parts
Get us the emails and we will nail him.. They will come to work Monday morning as **** their pants..

Old 11-02-2004, 02:02 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Don Relentless
It's the old school way of doing business in high income demographics. like any other business with snob appeal, service mangers size you up the minute they see you. older gentlemen with gray in his hair all brooks brothers out will recieve the official brown nose treatment. a young cat that's inked up will recieve less then fair treatment. i am assuming that most of those that recieved poor treatment were young. the way you carry yourself determines what table you sit in, in the back by the bathrooms or in the middle with good lighting. For women it's slightly different, besides the whole age factor and guesstimated income factor, you have the how hot are you factor, which recieves the Johnny Walker Blue treatment. Lifes a big hustle, so get some!
As always, Eric tells it like it is. No apologies needed

That's the way life is. There's always a pecking order to follow. Some follow and some don't.

Old 11-02-2004, 03:27 AM
La84Work is infamous around these parts
Newport Beach Porsche
Sales
445 East Pacific Coast Highway
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Phone: 949-673-0900
Fax: 949-723-3094

Phone: 949-673-0900
Fax: 949-675-0634
Contact our Service Dept.

Service Hours

Monday-Friday: 7:00 - 7:00
Saturday: 8:00 - 4:00
Sunday: Closed

http://newport-beach.porschedealer.c...eam/index.html

Our Porsche Team

Our competent team will be delighted to provide you with advice and assistance.

Jerry Heuer | Dealer Principal

Tim Tauber | General Manager taubert@autonation.com

Bill Schindele | Service Manager schindeleb@autonation.com

Burn'em

Old 11-02-2004, 04:17 AM
JakeMate is infamous around these parts
Nice. I'll definitely send some letters via email to start with. Maybe others could do the same.

On a somewhat separate note, I took my car into Walter's Porsche and picked it up on Saturday. The service writer (Angie) called me at lunchtime today to make sure everything went well (I picked it up when the service dept. was closed). Much nicer people, but a long drive for the OC folk.