996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Newport Beach Porsche Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 07:14 AM
JakeMate is infamous around these parts
Thumbs down Newport Beach Porsche Service

I just tried to set up an appointment for service at Newport Beach Porsche and my service advisor said he wouldn't go out of his way to take care of me because I 'slammed him' on the service survey after my last service.

My warranty is up on October 31st and he said that he wouldn't be able to make an appointment for a few months. He said it's a two-way street because I 'burned him'.

Can you believe this? I asked to speak to his manager and he's supposed to call me back but he said he already talked to him about it and he agrees with him.

I'm dumbfounded.

$115,000 car and this is what I get?

Old 10-27-2004, 07:19 AM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
That is a shame. I'd go to Porsche NA on this one.

T

Old 10-27-2004, 07:23 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
BURN HIM AGAIN!

Old 10-27-2004, 07:33 AM
keoni1978 is infamous around these parts
that is a shame!! I was about to call them for some service and parts because they are really close to me. Now I dont know who to go to you should talk to Porsche NA again. I cant believe they treat their customer like that

Old 10-27-2004, 07:40 AM
I will go out of my way on this one. Any other suggestions on a potent course of action for this guy?

Old 10-27-2004, 07:43 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
i'm with arling on this one burn his *** again.
you do know that is the reaction anyone would give you. if i plan on talking **** about a service department you can rest assure i would never go back, for that exact reason, at least he's upfront rather than some shady dude who decides to do something to your car while in for service.

Old 10-27-2004, 07:46 AM
trekkyy is infamous around these parts
Go after him and his company bigtime. Report him to Porsche America and to Germany. Better yet, get legal advice. Denial of warranty service without proper cause is ground for a legal action.

Last edited by trekkyy; 10-27-2004 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:46 AM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed, burn him again and take your business elsewhere.

Old 10-27-2004, 07:58 AM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Hey also call the BBB, they will probaly be more than happy to work with you on this one! I hear that they answer your calls relatively fast and scare whoever it is they are working against crapless and they will be more than willing to cooperate when they find out who they are messing with. Just a thought! That is total BS, and I would most definitely bring the BBB into this one!!

Ryan

Old 10-27-2004, 09:37 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Go after him ... and take you car elsewhere.

Old 10-27-2004, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone.

I wish there was a dealership closer to my house. All the other ones are relatively far away.

Is there a regional Porsche service rep that I can contact? I'll probably start with this guy's boss and work up the chain, going to the owner, then the regional rep.

Contacting the BBB sounds like a good idea too. What the hell.

I'm so sick of hearing all this sugar coated, pillow talk about how great a dealership will treat when you buy the product they're selling. They have these 'Vision Statements' about how the customer is Number 1, etc. Its such BS; just to get you to buy the car. Its too bad, because I love the product, but it makes me want to buy something else.

Old 10-27-2004, 10:17 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
burn him and never come back to him because he will do something bad to your car!! BURN HIS FAT ***!

Old 10-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Bri
EE
Bri has a spectacular aura aboutBri has a spectacular aura about
I would have to agree with everyone here and with CayenneS on this one.. I would report this to Porsche HQ or even Porsche of Germany.. This is highly unethical of him to treat you like that.. So what if he had a bad evaluation?? It's probalby his stupid fault and this should have made him worked on his problems in the past.. What an IDIOT!!! BBB would definitely be a good way to go if they would really help you out, like some people here said. Good luck and let us know how it goes! Bring this guy DOWN!!!!

Old 10-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
Goto Porsche North America with the problem.

Old 10-27-2004, 11:00 AM
40anny is infamous around these parts
burn his ***

yeah, I'd burn his ***.

forget about the service manager, ask for the general manager.

I went there earlier this year all ready to by my first 911...the place was empty. Just me and 4 sales guys. None of them would even acknowledge my presence. I had to interrupt their conversation to ask for help. They told me to go to this old guy. It was his 2nd day on the job. He didn't even know what a 996 was! The old guy told me they only have 911s and Boxsters!

you can also try calling Consumer Reports, and JD Power.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Newport Beach Porsche Service