996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Which direction?
I like more cars, smaller images.
31.82%
I like fewer cars, bigger images.
34.09%
Try something else... recommend below.
27.27%
Bag the project!
6.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

6SpeedOnline Calendar Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 09:44 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
I think Ken has a plan and I like it.

It involves more people, is more permanent and is a growing project that will just get better with time.

Old 10-27-2004, 09:56 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
I am thinking the inserts can be glossy card stock.

The other cool thing is that with our pervasive modding disease, we could update our page from time to time when we have completed new mods!

Old 10-27-2004, 10:05 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by KPV
Another idea would be to adopt a loose leaf layout such that as a "subscriber" you would be updated with new member profile sheets from time to time.
The "Registry" would have the members' screen name "KPV", "GreyGhost", "Rockitman", etc, with their general area of residence, car details, etc., etc.

The loose leaf approach would mean we could save a lot of time, effort and expense. We could simply have some really nice leather binders made up with the 6Speed logo on it and then send the binder and contents to anyone interested.

Well? What do you guys think? Britt, I do not mean to step on your toes, but it seems we have the same passion here!!
That idea is brilliant.

Old 10-27-2004, 11:56 PM
jroy is infamous around these parts
sick sick sick. i love it!!!!!!!! loooooose leaf all the way...

as far as taking advantage of GG. yeah it sounds like this could be more than he planned. but if hes willing, i have no problem with him profitting or at least being compensated for his efforts. its still a huge benefit to do it collaboratively for all of us...

Old 10-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
I say spit out a two year, single car per page calendar for starters while the book is being done. IF the book becomes overwhelming or things fall through, we still have the calendar. As for out of date, yes it's true, but I've never been in one and would love to send some as gifts to friends. When it is outdated, frame my car's month (assuming I made the calendar?).

It seems most people are interested in both if both ideas materialize. I am interested in both. Great ideas so far, and I would take the book in any form, but I like the standard hardbound non loose leaf idea. It sounds too much like a recipe book otherwise. Just my .02

Old 10-28-2004, 12:15 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
my thoughts are just a first try with a calander 1 or 2 year. if it is a success which i have no doubt it will be, go for a book, thats alot of color correcting and quark work and time. i figure if they are not done by a professional photographer on a very high res digital camera or chrome the photo quality will be very inconsistant. i think you'll need alot of hot cars and photos to complete a book (in the hundreds).

Old 10-28-2004, 12:22 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Why not do multiple calendars even for the same year to accommodate more cars? People certainly can buy them all to collect. They would make great gifts to family, friends, business partners/customers alike.

It'll be nice if the calendar page has a nice perforated edge so the picture can be peeled off cleanly for later framing. Just a thought.

Old 10-28-2004, 12:23 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
man this had to happen when im trying to switch cars lol.. ilike both the calendar and book ill let you guys decide, im haveinga hard time as is , in figuring out if im going to do the TT jump...

Old 10-28-2004, 01:56 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
do a book - maybe put up requests for more pictures but get a 100 cars and have a decent book and take it to market

Old 11-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Britt,

any updates?

Old 11-24-2004, 11:16 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Why 'waste' so much space on the actual 'calendar' portion? Is anyone really going to write anything in there?

Old 11-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MWILENS is infamous around these parts
Britt anything you do will be perfect

Old 11-25-2004, 12:13 PM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
I am looking into the book thing but man it's expensive to do something nice!

Old 11-25-2004, 08:36 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
I like the 3 cars with stats per page. More interesting with the additional information. Big pictures would be pretty though...

Mike

Old 11-25-2004, 11:40 PM
topspn is infamous around these parts
Either is fine. I'm inclined to say start w/ calender and see how successful it is. Although I'm sure there are lot's of people out there who would love to look at our cars as much as we do, that's a lot of trouble, effort and money if it turns out that they don't. JMO.

Regards

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6SpeedOnline Calendar Update