996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Which direction?
I like more cars, smaller images.
31.82%
I like fewer cars, bigger images.
34.09%
Try something else... recommend below.
27.27%
Bag the project!
6.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

6SpeedOnline Calendar Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 01:04 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Britt,
Loose leaf book. Leather binder. Easy to create. Cheapest solution. Easily updatable. All it requires is an 8 1/2"x11" PS template and we can insert the right photos and text for each entry.
Come on man, it makes soooooo much sense! The calendar thing is a novel idea but it will be outdated in a year. The book has longevity written all over it!! No pun intended!

Old 11-26-2004, 01:49 AM
vtgts300kw is infamous around these parts
i know i have no right to comment on this as i wont be involved (would love to be able to have a car in there!!) a binder seems like the best option for you guys. then as more people join the forum their pages (if required) can easily be added to the book as it will be as simple as putting a new page in the bind.

Calender is good but as KPV said it would be outdated and it would be like going into your grandmas house and seeing a calender from 1972 still hanging on the wall.

Old 11-26-2004, 05:54 AM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is infamous around these parts
i honestly dont mind as long as i get a copy

Old 11-26-2004, 08:51 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Britt,
As I told you, my Epson Stylus Pro 4000 needs a workout. I can do the printing as long as cost of materials is covered.
Lets talk and get this off the ground.

Old 11-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Point of interest - If the book, or whatever, is outdated in a year, which it will be as more cars enter the scene and new mods are implemented, a new book would be published each year. Enthusiasts could keep up to date with the new developements and new members would have a forum to display new cars.

Mike

Reoccuring revenue = good

Old 11-26-2004, 07:22 PM
FineProperty is infamous around these parts
A book with a print deadline would make me get my suspension and other mods done sooner.

And...I'll buy whatever you decide to produce. A bunch of quality pics of members rides would be great to have.

Old 11-27-2004, 07:00 AM
lexpro is a jewel in the roughlexpro is a jewel in the roughlexpro is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by greyghost
I am looking into the book thing but man it's expensive to do something nice!
Another idea: adopt KPV's concept, but publish it on the web. Low res for free as a teaser, high res access for paid subscribers who submit photos for inclusion and who (i) could download, print and put in a binder, or (ii) at a higher cost, could purchase high quality printing, fancy looseleaf binder from you. Of course, you would be entitled to charge for your Photoshop cleanup of photos submitted by subscribers for inclusion in the book...or perhaps that fee would be included in the subscription price. Think about whether there aren't other enthusiast pursuits that might be interested in a similar service/product: other car marques, obviously, but other upscale avocations: orchids, horses, dogs, homes, girlfriends (before and after cosmetic surgery? Think of the Photoshop potential here!). Might be an interesting opportunity.