996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Which direction?
I like more cars, smaller images.
31.82%
I like fewer cars, bigger images.
34.09%
Try something else... recommend below.
27.27%
Bag the project!
6.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

6SpeedOnline Calendar Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
6SpeedOnline Calendar Update

I am still exploring options but want some feedback from you guys. I am contemplating either a 3-up or 1-up layout. The open size of the calendar is 11' wide bu 17' tall.

In the 3-up layout I could fit 3 cars per month allowing for 36 cars total. The pros are more cars and less subscription costs ($125 per car) but the cons would be smaller car images as illustrated here:

The 1-up design allows much more room for a beautiful shot of the cars but there would only be 12 cars in the calendar. Pros: bigger more beautiful display, cons: fewer cars and higher subscription costs ($300 per car). See here:

So based on this information please let me know what direction we should head on this project. Not to mention the rights discussions I will be having with Porsche in the near future but they may squash the whole project but keep your fingers crossed.

Old 10-27-2004, 11:16 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
I like the idea of a coffee table book. More expensive, yet more permanent, unlike a calender. Just a thought.

Old 10-27-2004, 11:18 AM
andreas is infamous around these parts
Coffe table book here also, If it has to be a calander I like the one with larger pix of the cars. Not affraid of the higher cost??

Andreas

Old 10-27-2004, 02:24 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Book is my choice if possible. The big pics look great, but there are so many cars on this site.

Old 10-27-2004, 02:27 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
I vote book also.
Best of all worlds:
-Unlimited cars
-Large Photos
-Never goes out of date
Evan

Old 10-27-2004, 02:42 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
People usually don't care to look at or keep old calendars. They're meant to be tossed.

If you have to spend real money, spend it on a book.

Old 10-27-2004, 06:03 PM
stephsguy is infamous around these parts
I would also vote for the book however since your already snapping photos and people seem interested why not do both. I would be interested in placing my car in them but I would need help with pictures I could ask Ken (KPV) for help he lives close by

Old 10-27-2004, 07:37 PM
jroy is infamous around these parts
first. your work is excellent.!

second. i would do both also if you offered it. but my preferrence would have to be the book.

Old 10-27-2004, 07:42 PM
alamein is infamous around these parts
I'd hate to throw out something that beautiful just because it's outdated (as a calender would get).

Coffee table vote here too.

Old 10-27-2004, 08:22 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Yea, maybe the book is a good idea. Than you would not be limited on the # of cars, and it would be a keeper. What about cost?

Old 10-27-2004, 08:24 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
?????? Why would anyone vote to bag the idea???????

Old 10-27-2004, 08:46 PM
arthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nice
Could I possibly be rude enough to suggest that going down the path of a coffee table book would be a huge amount of work and effort?

I am not saying that people wouldnt want to pay up for one, hell I would even buy a couple I love your cars so much, but as an outside looking in it seems that the time and effort would be huge to get it up and running? Are we taking advantage of GG by asking for such a project? The calendar at least has a limitation ie 12/18/24 months a book though where does one draw the line?

If my thoughts are out of line just tell me to f... off But I would buy either

Old 10-27-2004, 09:00 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
IT SHOULD BE A BOOK!!!!

Britt,
It really should be a book. And I will reiterate, I can print up to 17" wide x 44" long full bleed photo prints in house. Why not use me for the purpose??

Lets do a book with all of the 6speed members.

Call it The 6Speedonline Member Registry

I prefer the one large image, maybe flanked with some detail shots but we absolutely must have an area for the list of mods.

Old 10-27-2004, 09:06 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Great idea Ken.

Old 10-27-2004, 09:25 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Another idea would be to adopt a loose leaf layout such that as a "subscriber" you would be updated with new member profile sheets from time to time.
The "Registry" would have the members' screen name "KPV", "GreyGhost", "Rockitman", etc, with their general area of residence, car details, etc., etc.

The loose leaf approach would mean we could save a lot of time, effort and expense. We could simply have some really nice leather binders made up with the 6Speed logo on it and then send the binder and contents to anyone interested.

Well? What do you guys think? Britt, I do not mean to step on your toes, but it seems we have the same passion here!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6SpeedOnline Calendar Update