996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Westside owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 04:34 AM
stuka is infamous around these parts
Westside owners

Along the line of bad dealer service, where is everyone from West LA going for their Turbo service? And how much should an oil change cost (ballpark)?

And yes, I know how to change oil now, thanks to the board, but I need to have the dealers do it to get a stamp on the book.

Thanks!

Old 10-28-2004, 04:42 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Beverly Hills Porsche always gives me superb service.

Last time I paid about $300 for an oil change.

Old 10-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Ditto Beverly Hills Porsche, although I bring my car to Speed Gallery for non-warranty items, as they charge considerably less -- Lucent has also helped me out as couple of times.

Craig

Old 10-28-2004, 10:39 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
I'm from OC and I even go out to BH Porsche. Best service I've ever had, and they have price matched to beat competitors. If you have a problem with their service, Trevor the service manager goes out of his way to resolve the issue.

They originally quoted about $600 for my 15K service. After a bit of hesitation and telling them about the much lower price from Walter's, they dropped the price to $350.

Unfortunately, my service advisor Larry Rusk no longer works there, and his replacement is pretty lame.

Old 10-28-2004, 10:42 AM
rakjoe is infamous around these parts
Speed Gallery for all your porsche needs.
By far the nicest people I have met in the auto industry.

Old 10-28-2004, 12:44 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
We're all satisfied customers of BH Porsche

Attached Images  
Old 10-28-2004, 01:51 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Hamann7
Beverly Hills Porsche always gives me superb service.

Last time I paid about $300 for an oil change.
Holy moly.. what else were they oiling man?

Old 10-28-2004, 03:37 PM
MetalSolid is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sharkster
Holy moly.. what else were they oiling man?
I think they call it a lubejob!

Old 10-28-2004, 04:23 PM
Curves4S is infamous around these parts
I go to BH porsche since it is literally 2 minutes from my place. I deal with a gentleman named Eric. An oil change for my car goes for approx $190

Old 10-28-2004, 06:51 PM
luting_chen is infamous around these parts
Tyson that's a lot ^^" for an oil change
I use Pacific Porsche for regular service (prior to all my mods)
Now since i can't warranty my car anymore, I use Speed Gallery ^___^

Pacific Porsche charge around 200 for an oil change... and the service has so far been excellent... ^_^

Old 10-28-2004, 10:47 PM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs down

Hate BH Porsche service. Made appt 2 weeks prior, get there on time, stand around for 10 mins with no organized line for waiting and no place to sit, walked out. This has happened more than once. Called Eric and left a message and asked him to call back but never heard back. Started going to Auto Gallery and have not visited BH Porsche service since. Have even been to Ruznak and Pacific Porsche. Driving takes me less time than wasting my time with them.

Old 10-28-2004, 11:41 PM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
LA's little goldmine, Felix Porsche in downtown LA. $141 for an oil change and they shuttle me to my office and pick me up. The best part is i have never needed to make an appointment for an oil change in 3 years.

or for service work, John at Motorworks on robertson, beverly hills. ex mechanic from BH porsche, started his own shop, if you don't know him you should.

Old 10-29-2004, 12:21 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Don Relentless
LA's little goldmine, Felix Porsche in downtown LA. $141 for an oil change and they shuttle me to my office and pick me up. The best part is i have never needed to make an appointment for an oil change in 3 years.

or for service work, John at Motorworks on robertson, beverly hills. ex mechanic from BH porsche, started his own shop, if you don't know him you should.
Downtown... eek...

Don't you know us westsiders don't go Downtown except for the Staples Center? And even then we run back to our side of the 405 as fast as we can?

As Terrence pointed out, BH Porsche can be a frustrating experience at times. However, it all depends on who you deal with. Now my problems are solved and it's all good. No waiting, and ultra prompt service, I promise you... better than any other dealer.

Looking at my last service invoice, they actually gave me a $300 estimate, then cut it down to $230. They will in fact price match with other dealers. For me, part of the issue is convenience. I like knowing that service is only 5 minutes from my office.

My other favorite dealer is McKenna. The service manager, Brian Lewey, is the man to know, period. If only they weren't so out of the way. I don't know how someone decided that NORWALK would be a good place to sell Porsches.

Old 10-29-2004, 12:21 AM
tofumann is infamous around these parts
Since you guys recommended them, I assume I can trust them with my rims? (and yes, I will be sure to check for scratches before I hand them the keys).

Old 10-29-2004, 12:30 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by tofumann
Since you guys recommended them, I assume I can trust them with my rims? (and yes, I will be sure to check for scratches before I hand them the keys).

TRUST NO ONE WITH RIMS... ohh well at least u won't find ur car on the floor. almost impossible not to scratch rim at dealer

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Westside owners