996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Definitive 2005 996 Turbo "S" Flash Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 04:08 PM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
The GIAC seems to be the top HP provider but at a $1000 premium offering 1.3 bar and 100 hp. Wastegates not needed.

decisions decisions.

SWR

Old 06-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
You will never get 550 w/ out upgrading the turbos (whp, not ***** fwhp). Do this, pick a tuner, get the flash and just make sure you have the option of upgrading when you learn how limited stock K 24's are.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
One more interesting question for your list of questions. Does the tuner allow you to sell the flash to a third party (e.g. if you sell the car and want to return it to stock and sell off the mods)? This was important to me when I was researching and only EPL would allow me to do so.

Last edited by Seal Grey Matte; 06-29-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:12 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
I think there are a lot of good vendors, and your original list seems comprehensive of the good ones.
I went with EPL because of price, proximity, customer service, and incredible testimonials offered on this site.
I feel I chose wisely as I have nothing poor to say about the transaction, support, and results. As far as I'm concerned, EPL=FTW.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:10 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I think you should take a ride in several cars that are differently modified. I know there are several modified turbos near your area that could provide better picture for all your questions?

Old 06-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by buzzm
some tuners will also give you a credit or discount if you perform more mods later and then need another flash, softronic offers this so they are top of my list so far

it would be good to note the price of the flash next to each tuner as well

i have heard prices for an upsolute flash as low as $700.00, dont know much about them though and the price almost seems too good to be true, any feedback from anyone with an upsolute flash would be good
I had an Upsolute flash and was very happy with it. No problems at all. My K16 car dyno'd 407 hp and 430 tq on a Mustang dyno.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Here is my X50 (same as S) with GIAC. Upgraded wategates make a big difference.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:23 PM
smistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Onetime
I had an Upsolute flash and was very happy with it. No problems at all. My K16 car dyno'd 407 hp and 430 tq on a Mustang dyno.

I had the Upsolute k16 flash and then upgraded to the k24 flash when I changed my turbos. Unfortunately, no graphs to share but happy with performance, service and price.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:49 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Judging from what you wrote, EPL would probably be your best bet since you want to go Meth Injection. Tony and EPL seem to be the tuner with the most experience going that route. So that being said, you're going to have to have your car tuned for it eventually. With EPL route, it'll be an easy transformation when it comes time to upgrade, you'll just upgrade and Re-Tune as opposed to getting an entirely new tune. In my opinion, that makes the decision quite easy unless the other tuners are doing meth injection, but to my knowledge I don't think they are.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:02 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
I love a good research Q&A thread as much as the next guy, but I actually agree with Dr Jitsu here..... major case of analysis paralysis!

Old 06-30-2009, 04:59 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ari
Here is my X50 (same as S) with GIAC. Upgraded wategates make a big difference.
Whose Wastegates did you use?

Old 06-30-2009, 06:57 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Flash,

How is that Camaro comming along? I see you have some nice dyno results.

I second the EPL suggestion since Tony will give you the option of future custom tunes. I am suprised no one has mentioned Protomotive...it seems Todd is not mentioned much around here lately.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:41 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
I had a custom made Upsolute flash for K16/24 turbo's for 1.2 bar
After few months exhaust valve melted away,bent rod,scratched cilinder and piston,13000 euro paid for the repair,sended a few emails to Upsolute but they never answered me
Sended the flash to another programmer to investigate and he told me Upsolute raised the parameters for knock detection so high the computer didn't detect knock anymore and also the other parameters were raised very badly,but Upsolute programming was very cheap..

Old 06-30-2009, 08:46 AM
sleepys4 is infamous around these parts
Well that makes you think twice about them. Thanks for the info..

Old 06-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
out of the ones you mentioned narrow it down to the ones that will provide you a more customized tune.

As for Hp claims, that is all they are is claims. Looks at how fast cars have run with stock turbos and a tune, and go from there.

search is your friend.......lots of info on this forum if you take the time to do a search.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Definitive 2005 996 Turbo "S" Flash Guide