996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone with higher than stock boost running stock DV?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 AM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Anyone with higher than stock boost running stock DV?

I'm sure it's been beat to death before, but I'm curious as I'd like the stock realiability and I know the aftermarket ones need twaking and cleaning from time to time. Since the car is a DD I'd like to keep it as simple as possible.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:03 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adam699
I'm sure it's been beat to death before, but I'm curious as I'd like the stock realiability and I know the aftermarket ones need twaking and cleaning from time to time. Since the car is a DD I'd like to keep it as simple as possible.
I ran stock DVs for a little while after a flash but I would not recommend it for longer than it takes to get the DVs conveniently changed.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:36 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I think mine are fine, but if your DV's are bad, will you read the correct boost level on your gauge?

Old 06-30-2009, 01:03 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
I think mine are fine, but if your DV's are bad, will you read the correct boost level on your gauge?
You will read correct boost I believe (in other words gauge is still accurate). You just may not be able to hold boost and your peak boost may be less.

You are not running stock DVs on your beast are you?

Old 06-30-2009, 02:02 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MBailey
You will read correct boost I believe (in other words gauge is still accurate). You just may not be able to hold boost and your peak boost may be less.

You are not running stock DVs on your beast are you?

Not actually sure. I thought we put new Bosch ones in last year just because we were there. I'm sure I don't have aftermarket ones, but probably new factory ones, maybe Audi? Gonna go check later...

Old 06-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by ttboost
Not actually sure. I thought we put new Bosch ones in last year just because we were there. I'm sure I don't have aftermarket ones, but probably new factory ones, maybe Audi? Gonna go check later...
The stock ones have a fragile membrane that can come apart and get inhaled into turbo. Not good!

Old 06-30-2009, 04:18 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MBailey
The stock ones have a fragile membrane that can come apart and get inhaled into turbo. Not good!
Get a good quality set and be done with it (FWIW I used Bailey Motorsports)

Old 06-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
EPL did my ecu flash stage 2 and Tony installed an upgraded version of the stock dv's that require no maintainance. The designer dv's (I'll probably get roared for this) require the cleaning and lubricating. Tony has not led me wrong and he could have sold me a high priced shiny new machined dv's and I would have paid. Get new dv's they are they cheapest part of a flash and you want to get all you paid for.
JS

Old 06-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
EPL did my ecu flash stage 2 and Tony installed an upgraded version of the stock dv's that require no maintainance. The designer dv's (I'll probably get roared for this) require the cleaning and lubricating. Tony has not led me wrong and he could have sold me a high priced shiny new machined dv's and I would have paid. Get new dv's they are they cheapest part of a flash and you want to get all you paid for.
JS

I believe that's what I have too...they are Bosch, but new last year and my F hose is fine too, not cracked...yet....

Old 06-30-2009, 05:33 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
JS
which ones did you get ?

Old 06-30-2009, 05:46 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
get the bailey dvs and you will not have to tweak, adjust, clean. no maintenance needed. lifetime warranty. it's a job you only want to do once.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:20 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
get the bailey dvs and you will not have to tweak, adjust, clean. no maintenance needed. lifetime warranty. it's a job you only want to do once.

Where can you get the Bailey or Bosch units? and How much are they?

Old 06-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Does anyone have a link for DIY on how to change the DV's?

Old 06-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Old 06-30-2009, 07:07 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone with higher than stock boost running stock DV?