996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 wheels are a perfect fit!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 12:51 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
Originally posted by Rodis
Damn Kerry, another set of wheels. Did you get rid of the last set? By the way, I also have the GT2 set up on my tt and it fits fine. More of an agressive look and thats what I wanted. Congrats to you for getting what YOU want.

Ron
Yeah sold the PG3's, i had these wheels for a while, their just my backups.....

Thinking of getting fikse p13's from former 6speeder named steveH...or ordering 18" satin finish SSR gt3's from sharkster.......

I'll know in the next few days what i'm going to do.....
Thanks Ron.....

Old 10-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Don sorry to disagree but having ridden bikes for over 20 years and I also have driven several shifter carts at the track here in Opa Locka Florida, there is no car or cart ever made that can keep up with most bikes especially anything currently made Japanese or other, reagrding an MV or a Duc your comment is not that of someone who has ridden bikes or you may have had a tango or two with some bikers up in these canyons or mountain roads but any skilled bike rider in any kind of situation with turns, twisties or the likes will leave anything with 4 wheels in the dust.

Last edited by Marc; 10-29-2004 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
perhaps on some tracks and open twisties, but not in malibu. you maybe right, as i am not a super skilled rider and those i have raced through the canyons may not have been skilled, guess you'll need to come on done some time to see for your self.

Old 10-29-2004, 11:39 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
what's the difference in weight between hollow spokes and the GT2 wheels?

Old 10-30-2004, 12:51 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Marc996Miami
Don sorry to disagree but having ridden bikes for over 20 years and I also have driven several shifter carts at the track here in Opa Locka Florida, there is no car or cart ever made that can keep up with most bikes especially anything currently made Japanese or other, reagrding an MV or a Duc your comment is not that of someone who has ridden bikes or you may have had a tango or two with some bikers up in these canyons or mountain roads but any skilled bike rider in any kind of situation with turns, twisties or the likes will leave anything with 4 wheels in the dust.
Sorry to disagree, but your comment shows your ignorance about high performance sports cars and shifter karts for that matter.

Is that why the sports cars post better times on tracks like the Nurburgring?

Is that also why F1 cars are faster than MotoGP bikes?

Think about it, the grip of 4 wheels vs. 2 wheels. Something else called downforce. You obviously haven't done much twisties driving against really fast cars on your MV or Duc. Oh wait, I forgot, there are no mountains in Florida.

Perhaps if you came out west, you would see a different perspective. The riders that we see in the canyons are of all different skill levels, from novice to pro. There is no way you can compare Florida roads to what we have up here. Your idea of a hill is the back of a gator.

BTW, a C55 is NOT considered a high performance sports car.

Old 10-30-2004, 01:12 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by habitat
Yeah sold the PG3's, i had these wheels for a while, their just my backups.....

Thinking of getting fikse p13's from former 6speeder named steveH...or ordering 18" satin finish SSR gt3's from sharkster.......

I'll know in the next few days what i'm going to do.....
Thanks Ron.....
i like the fikse over the ssr gt3's they look more wicked in my opinion, i believe jack(lal) also had a set in his turbo or gt2 ..

wicked car man... man kerry u change wheels like every week lol j/k..

post pics of the new wheel soon

i personally liek the new ruf modular wheels on the ruf gtr-rs car looks kille rin my opinion

Old 10-30-2004, 02:11 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Originally posted by Hamann7
Sorry to disagree, but your comment shows your ignorance about high performance sports cars and shifter karts for that matter.

Think about it, the grip of 4 wheels vs. 2 wheels. Something else called downforce. You obviously haven't done much twisties driving against really fast cars on your MV or Duc. Oh wait, I forgot, there are no mountains in Florida.

Perhaps if you came out west, you would see a different perspective. The riders that we see in the canyons are of all different skill levels, from novice to pro. There is no way you can compare Florida roads to what we have up here. Your idea of a hill is the back of a gator.

You show your ignorance my friend. Having driven everything including the CGT , F40, Gallardo, 360 and many different Porsches, I venture that most drivers short of professionals will be watching my rear wheel of my motorcycle as I loose them in the turns. As well you are quoting and talking about track times on closed circuit race courses not the street.

As well you are talking about F1 cars? Where did that come from the level of technology that is in a car that cost 10 million dollars to bikes that even set up for the track by pro race teams cost maybe 10-20k more then the street version...jeez get real I have been to 5 F1 races in my life and have a long time friendship with several drivers and people in the pits there is nothing on earth like an F1 car and it compares to nothing the closet thing in existence is the Enzo

PS My C55 may not be a sports car but it does quite a good job day to day! I am on this board as I did own a 996 up until last month@!

Old 10-30-2004, 02:14 AM

You show your ignorance my friend. Having driven everything including the CGT , F40, Gallardo, 360 and many different Porsches, I venture that most drivers short of professionals will be watching my rear wheel of my motorcycle as I loose them in the turns. As well you are quoting and talking about track times on closed circuit race courses not the street.

As well you are talking about F1 cars? Where did that come from the level of technology that is in a car that cost 10 million dollars to bikes that even set up for the track by pro race teams cost maybe 10-20k more then the street version, there is nothing on 4 wheels like an F1 car and the closet thing in existence for the street is the Enzo

PS My C55 may not be a sports car but it does quite a good job day to day! I am on this board as I did own a 996 up until last month@!

Old 10-30-2004, 02:33 AM
PS

if you see Sahwn C's post about the ring times seems my C55 ran the ring faster then a 996!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-30-2004, 02:37 AM
Porsche Fiend
Marc, honestly, there is no point in arguing with you.

You are trying to argue about something you have absolutely no clue about. You think MotoGP or AMA SuperSport bikes only cost 10-20K more than the street version? You can't be serious, right?

An Ohlins racing or Factory Showa front fork alone is over $20,000! This clearly illustrates your lack of knowledge on the subject.

You also made the statement that "any skilled bike rider in any kind of situation with turns, twisties or the likes will leave anything with 4 wheels in the dust." So last time I checked F1 cars had 4 wheels. But even putting that aside, you must ride like Valentino Rossi if you think you can outcorner and outrun a Carrera GT or even a GT2/3 piloted by a skilled driver in the canyons.

How is a guy from a completely flat place like Miami who drives a Mercedes and had a regular C2 going argue about mountain or canyon driving against GT2's and GT3's???

"Having driven everything?" Does that make you an expert on all those cars you named? Your argument is not really coherent to the topic.

Come out to Malibu and see if you can smoke me or MetalSolid in our canyons on your MV or Ducati. Just don't become roadkill or a deterrent like a lot of other bikers every weekend.

Old 10-30-2004, 02:39 AM
Porsche Fiend
Originally posted by Marc996Miami
PS

if you see Sahwn C's post about the ring times seems my C55 ran the ring faster then a 996!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who says a standard 996 is a high performance sports car???

To me, in this day and age, high performance means under 8 minutes on the 'Ring.

So that still makes your beloved C55 36 seconds slower than a GT2, and 28 seconds slower than a GT3.

Old 10-30-2004, 02:54 AM
Dude please what benchmark are you setting? A 996 is considered a sports car by all means performance is based upon the cars capabilities as well as the drivers. This argument is pointless!

As well I have no shame in my Benz how can you compare this to the speeds of a $190k car like the GT2, your ability to make valid arguments is very poor, measure apples to apples, then we can talk.

Seems in the Top Speed testing at Nardo in Italy, that the Benz's faired very well against the Porsche's, as well why argue with me I am as big a Porsche fan as anyone I had over 15k in mods in my 03 Coupe...

Old 10-30-2004, 02:56 AM
Porsche Fiend
Drive a GT2 or 3 for a few days or better yet go get one, it will change your whole perspective on Porsche.

I'm going to leave it at that. Regular 996 is almost like a whole different car compared to its GT3 brother.

Old 10-30-2004, 03:01 AM
Marc, honestly, there is no point in arguing with you.

You are trying to argue about something you have absolutely no clue about. You think MotoGP or AMA SuperSport bikes only cost 10-20K more than the street version? You can't be serious, right?

An Ohlins racing or Factory Showa front fork alone is over $20,000! This clearly illustrates your lack of knowledge on the subject.

You also made the statement that "any skilled bike rider in any kind of situation with turns, twisties or the likes will leave anything with 4 wheels in the dust." So last time I checked F1 cars had 4 wheels. But even putting that aside, you must ride like Valentino Rossi if you think you can outcorner and outrun a Carrera GT or even a GT2/3 piloted by a skilled driver in the canyons.

How is a guy from a completely flat place like Miami who drives a Mercedes and had a regular C2 going argue about mountain or canyon driving against GT2's and GT3's???

"Having driven everything?" Does that make you an expert on all those cars you named? Your argument is not really coherent to the topic.

Come out to Malibu and see if you can smoke me or MetalSolid in our canyons on your MV or Ducati. Just don't become roadkill or a deterrent like a lot of other bikers every weekend.
I have owned several race bikes and I have set them up for just about 20k more then the street versions sell for, as well you were comparing an F1 car to a bike...great comparison....

I happen to be originally form up in the Notheast, plenty of mountain roads there huh......

Why do you feel a need to insulte the 996 a better or faster car makes you a better driver? This is definitly not so... I have seen drivers at track events in all makes and models get there *** handed to them by guys driving "inferior" cars. Once again it has to do with driver skill a 996 in the right hands can outrun an incapable GT2 driver in the turns.

Last edited by Marc; 10-30-2004 at 03:30 AM.
Old 10-30-2004, 03:33 AM
Porsche Fiend
Like I said, bring your C55 to Cali and show me how to outrun a GT2 in my incapable hands.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 wheels are a perfect fit!!!!