996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 wheels are a perfect fit!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 01:00 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
GT2 wheels are a perfect fit!!!!

Why does everyone think that the offset on the GT2 wheels does not work on the TT.......Everyone thinks u have to rool the fenders or modify your car....( NO U DO NOT )

Old 10-28-2004, 07:15 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
GT2 wheels have a nice aggressive offset, but the downside is they are heavier than hollows.

Old 10-29-2004, 12:21 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
I take it none of you guys are dumb enough to track your car on public streets. A little unsprung weight won't kill you. And it's funny coming from a forum of Porsche Turbo owners who gladly put on heavy 19" three-piece wheels. You'll still be faster than 99.9% of cars on the road.

Get over it. Do what you feel looks best. None of y'all have the resource, time, or talent to fully exploit your 996.

Cheers,

Old 10-29-2004, 12:25 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by 911Turbo
You just added unsprung weight to your car. Why would you take a step down in performance? Your acceleration, amongst other things, WILL suffer.
w/ the power you guys have the difference by adding the unsprung weight won't be feeled most likely, unless he was doing some serious road course work, and even then he'd have to be very good to feel a difference.

Old 10-29-2004, 12:25 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Benjamin Choi
None of y'all have the resource, time, or talent to fully exploit your 996.
OK, that statement is quite assumptive.

Unsprung weight helps not only for the track but also handling in the canyons. Obviously, you don't drive mountain twisties very much.

If you'd like a demonstration, I'm sure Watt or I would love to give you a tour of the Santa Monica mountains and show you what we mean.

Mountain driving is just as enjoyable, if not more so, than the track.

Old 10-29-2004, 12:28 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Guys honestly all of these issues with unsprung weight and such are important and it is not a good idea to add unsprung weight however some people like performance and handling and others like the "look" and this is by choice it does not mean on is wrong and the other is right.

Old 10-29-2004, 12:38 AM
FineProperty is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Hamann7
OK, that statement is quite assumptive.

I agree, quite assumptive. Some of us have made time to go to driving schools, drive faster better handling race cars, or focus on the technique's with a kart.

If you'd like a demonstration, I'm sure Watt or I would love to give you a tour of the Santa Monica mountains and show you what we mean.
Wow. I'd like to fly out for that drive. If I tell you your p-car looks slow and you don't know how to drive, will I get a better ride.

Old 10-29-2004, 12:43 AM
Porsche Fiend

No, if you think the GT2 is slow we'll just run the canyons in the 125cc shifter karts. Although I think we may have some torque problems in going uphill.

Old 10-29-2004, 03:13 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
F that get out the MV's and the Ducati's they will leave them all in the DUST!

Old 10-29-2004, 03:18 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
You obvious don't drive tight twisty canyons that often, otherwise you would know i GT-2-3 will smoke a bike in most canyons like a splif.....

Old 10-29-2004, 05:25 AM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
Thanks everyone for your opinions, i just wanted to let everyone know that these GT2 wheels fit very well.

I know their alittle heavier but i don't track my car and i don't mind to lose alittle horsepower or speed, this car is already insane.....

Old 10-29-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by 911Turbo
There should be a "pure stupidity" section reserved solely for your posts, every single one of them

I take it you are very young. Only the inexperienced assume as much as you do.

As for unsprung weight...

Just ask some of the GT2 owners who replaced their GT2 wheels with Fikses, etc. HUGE difference in handling and acceleration.

Sorry!!!!!! I know about the weight and stuff, i just run them as a wheel in between my bad habit of changing wheels every month.....

Last edited by habitat; 10-29-2004 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:58 AM
Porsche Fiend
I don't think the comment was directed at you

Old 10-29-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Hamann7
I don't think the comment was directed at you
O!!! just realized that........
Thanks

Last edited by habitat; 10-29-2004 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:45 AM
Rodis is infamous around these parts
Damn Kerry, another set of wheels. Did you get rid of the last set? By the way, I also have the GT2 set up on my tt and it fits fine. More of an agressive look and thats what I wanted. Congrats to you for getting what YOU want.

Ron

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 wheels are a perfect fit!!!!