996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EPL/Tial Alpha 28rs turbos installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 07:05 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dgreen78
Tony, if you remember we couldnt get past 1.3 on my car even maxing out the duty cycle to 100%. This was on a new solenoid. Does your solenoid have the ability to get more boost or is it a matter of modding the gates?

Also, does the weather have anything to do with it? I know it is going to get colder so maybe it will be up in the 1.4 range?
Yes, our solenoid will hold more boost then the factor piece.

We never completed the base file.... this is something we will likely revisit when time allows.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:16 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Maybe I don't understand but did I read that you didn't complete the base file? How is his car supposed to run correctly if the entire program wasn't downloaded? I must be misunderstanding this because I can't see how a car would be released to a customer (any one of us) like that.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
Maybe I don't understand but did I read that you didn't complete the base file? How is his car supposed to run correctly if the entire program wasn't downloaded? I must be misunderstanding this because I can't see how a car would be released to a customer (any one of us) like that.
It wasn't released to the customer with the test valve....

Old 09-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Congrats, and very nice results, hope the boost issue is resolved.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:20 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flash68
Yeah so far we are not sure what it is. Tony knows how bad the 91 octane is out here and has factored that in, but it has been consistently below other setups with all other things equal by about .2 bar. We were thinking it could be a boost leak/hardware issue but everything so far has checked out on inspection. It seems to run fine and consistent and always has, but it's just still a slight concern, especially if it rights itself or gets righted at some point and then I hit 1.4-1.5 bar all of a sudden on 91.

Gonna datalog with Tony' new program here next week so maybe that will help tell us something. Otherwise I will probably just have to get that meth injection kit installed sooner rather than later!

thanks

howz progress any numbers or good words about the setup?

Old 10-31-2009, 08:12 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flash68
Yeah so far we are not sure what it is. Tony knows how bad the 91 octane is out here and has factored that in, but it has been consistently below other setups with all other things equal by about .2 bar. We were thinking it could be a boost leak/hardware issue but everything so far has checked out on inspection. It seems to run fine and consistent and always has, but it's just still a slight concern, especially if it rights itself or gets righted at some point and then I hit 1.4-1.5 bar all of a sudden on 91.

Gonna datalog with Tony' new program here next week so maybe that will help tell us something. Otherwise I will probably just have to get that meth injection kit installed sooner rather than later!

thanks

I can tell you that 91 octane up here in CO, and I am sure it is the same where you are at, is the worst fuel possible for these cars. It downright sucks. Definitely a factor, as it is one step above flavored water.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:15 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
I can tell you that 91 octane up here in CO, and I am sure it is the same where you are at, is the worst fuel possible for these cars. It downright sucks. Definitely a factor, as it is one step above flavored water.
Ahhh, drinkng the gasoline...that explains a lot...

Old 10-31-2009, 09:56 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
why not, it has less octane that my liquor cabinet

Old 10-31-2009, 12:55 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
howz progress any numbers or good words about the setup?
Funny, I was getting close to making a new thread about my new mods I have put on lately and a few more coming up very soon.

The Aquamist kit is on and Tony and I are tuning/datalogging and getting that up to par where he wants it. So far it is much more of a monster and the best mod yet besides swapping turbos. We don't even have it completely tuned and not maxing the safe boost yet but it rips so much more than before! No dyno or 60-130s yet... my goal is to get this dialed in and do a 1/4 mile run. I really think meth was a killer for me cuz our gas is soooo ****ty. Needed that ability to increase the timing and boost safely on this ****. Running 50/50 water/meth to start. Been chasing a couple small boost leaks too which we think we have mostly buttoned up, but maybe not 100%. I added Samco boost hoses recently as well.

Yup, that's why we thought meth was a no brainer next step for bang for buck. And I am not interested or willing to run race gas all the time. It isn't practical for me. This car is my daily driver. My real monster car is the weekend car.... for now

Originally Posted by ttboost
why not, it has less octane that my liquor cabinet
I prefer a nice Dirty Chevron Martini personally.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:40 PM
A dirty chevron martini is better than a dirty 7/11 91 martini

Old 10-31-2009, 10:14 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
A dirty chevron martini is better than a dirty 7/11 91 martini
Yes it is, and even tastier with a side of methamphetamine.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:56 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
So D, I hear you getting some nice IC's from someone. These should improve way more air flow based on their cfm status. All I can say it that the owner put down 1xxxHP with this set up Everyone watch out now. Congrats brother.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by art4iza
So D, I hear you getting some nice IC's from someone. These should improve way more air flow based on their cfm status. All I can say it that the owner put down 1xxxHP with this set up Everyone watch out now. Congrats brother.
haha, yep one upgrade at a time for me... I wouldn't go sayin watch out about little ole me just yet but thanks for the words and the ICs!

Old 11-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Any high boost awhp/rwhp numbers as of yet?

Old 11-02-2009, 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by vntperformance
Any high boost awhp/rwhp numbers as of yet?
Nope not yet. Surprisingly there aren't too many dynos in the area that I would be excited about going to. Already had a bad experience at a shop last year (poor fans and ventilation, no clue about Porsches).

I may even run down to BBI in Socal at some point...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EPL/Tial Alpha 28rs turbos installed