996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How can i know if my car is an X-50 or a standard 996 turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Q8-996TT is infamous around these parts
How can i know if my car is an X-50 or a standard 996 turbo?

Hello Guys,
I really need help i would like to know if my 996 turbo is a x-50 or a standard 996, how can i know? the car is a 2004, the tips are x-50 style it came from the dealer like this. Performance wise now in the summer in Kuwait "Desert climate it hits .8bar and after i reach 300km/h and hit the gas again it hits 0.9bar with a steady 0.8 it was around 36 degrees celcius. In winter when its below 20 degree it hits 1.0 bar. this performance figures confused me because reviews say it only hits .7, people told me if i lift the car on and look at the turbos it will show thats written K-24? is this real? i really need help regarding this issue because i want to get a re-flash so i must tell the dealer about my turbos to get the right tune. i will really appreciate your help. THANKS

Old 07-02-2009, 01:02 PM
secretvampire is infamous around these parts
One quick way is to just look at the options sticker under the hood. Also, if you are hitting 0.9 and 1.0 and it is stock, it's likely an X50.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:51 PM
ColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by secretvampire
One quick way is to just look at the options sticker under the hood. Also, if you are hitting 0.9 and 1.0 and it is stock, it's likely an X50.
It's not always on the options sticker (mine wasn't) and if you're hitting 1.0, it just means that the car has been flashed as neither a K16 or K24 car will be at 1.0 stock.

The best way is to check the rear ICs for ridges. If they're smooth like a radiator than you have a regular TT, if they're ridged like a cheese grader, than you have the X-50 pkg upgraded ICs.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:58 PM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
I've got it marked on the sticker under the hood, but my X50 has never hit .9 bar. I don't believe any stock X50s do that.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:16 PM
gt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ColoradoSilver
It's not always on the options sticker (mine wasn't) and if you're hitting 1.0, it just means that the car has been flashed as neither a K16 or K24 car will be at 1.0 stock.

The best way is to check the rear ICs for ridges. If they're smooth like a radiator than you have a regular TT, if they're ridged like a cheese grader, than you have the X-50 pkg upgraded ICs.
the option sticker is just that, it list the option. If it not on the sticker most likely someone modded it with upgraded IC and turbo. Colorado are you the original owner?

Old 07-03-2009, 05:28 AM
tscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to behold
Call a dealer and give them the VIN. They can look up the options. They did for me.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:58 AM
secretvampire is infamous around these parts
I've got it marked on the sticker under the hood, but my X50 has never hit .9 bar. I don't believe any stock X50s do that.
I've hit .9 bar plenty of times and my X50 is bone stock.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Cascade is infamous around these partsCascade is infamous around these parts
I've hit .9 bar plenty of times and my X50 is bone stock.
Sounds like a leaky wastegate, you should not be going over 10lbs or .7 bar.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:33 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
yep, boost spike... these cars (both k16 and x50 k24s) dont hit 1.0 bar unless chipped. Best way to tell if its a x50 is to look at the build of the car (give VIN to a dealer). A quick and simple way (but not always 100%) is to feel for raised bars on the intercoolers. Chances are that the intercoolers would be one of the last upgrades on even a modded car. Good luck.

EDIT: Shouldnt you have checked that out before you bought the car? LOL>...

Old 07-04-2009, 09:43 AM
i bought the car from a friend and i didnt have this in my mind that it would be an x-50 but after driving it for a whilei though it might be an x-50 due to the figures ive seen, anyways tomorrow ill find out everything hopefully, btw checking the VIN with the dealer , our dealer is just a piece os s**t

Old 07-04-2009, 12:25 PM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
you can send your vin to suncoast via their website and they will decode it for you.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:31 PM
how can i contact suncoast? whats their website? is it a worldwide organization? because am from kuwait M.E?

Old 07-04-2009, 12:38 PM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Old 07-04-2009, 12:44 PM
thanks alot tvurt i will email them and notify you what happens

Old 07-04-2009, 01:32 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
Just check the Turbos.. I'm pretty sure the factory k24s are yellow tags?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How can i know if my car is an X-50 or a standard 996 turbo?