996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

93 octane + water/meth vs 117 octane

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 04:38 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
I have a system plumbed on my car with nozzles before the turbos and at the T-body but have yet to tune for it.Evoms is gonna try it out.

"Stone the Crows Joe" Really. I emailed EVO and they never replied to my questions which means NO.

When will they be actually testing it?, weeks, months?

Once I get my car back I am doing this. I just have to sort out the tune thats all

Old 07-03-2009, 04:50 PM
SaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really nice
Have been running it on my m3 for years and other cars for more. Worthwhile upgrade and will go on the gt soon.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:51 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BigBadBen
"Stone the Crows Joe" Really. I emailed EVO and they never replied to my questions which means NO.

When will they be actually testing it?, weeks, months?

Once I get my car back I am doing this. I just have to sort out the tune thats all
Maybe they just think you wouldn't want to wait anymore to have it done perfectly?

Old 07-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
So it looks like EVO IS going to do meth...interesting....

Old 07-03-2009, 05:02 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
They have had the system built and installed in my car before the mile but they ran out of time before the mile to tune for it(they wanted to make sure the C16 was perfect first).Since then they have gotten very busy with other builds so it has been put on the back burner.It didn't help that I gave them more work to do on my own car by improving on a few things.KPG is scheduled to pick it up for me July17 and I really want to keep that date and have it sent back even if it means no water /meth tune because i want to have some fun with it this summer.I could always have it tuned for it at the end of the summer since Todd and I are looking to do a deep sea fishing trip he paid for off the coast of Montauk two years ago.lol

Old 07-03-2009, 05:18 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Maybe they just think you wouldn't want to wait anymore to have it done perfectly?
Well my car will be there for another month for sure as all the 12 mm head studs they were supposed to receive were bad from the manufacturer. So I have plenty of time.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:19 PM
More info for Canadians looking at doing this.

I just logged onto the Recochem Inc website in Canada and looked up the methanol content (MSDS) of their -40C Turbo Power blue washer fluid that I have tons of in my garage.

Would you beleive it, it is 40 to 50% methanol. This stuff is dirt cheap $1.75 a gallon on sale.

From what I can tell that is pretty high as Tony from EPL was saying maybe 20% but I know it depends on the - temp rating of course.

For once in Canada the bloody cold weather is an advantage as we get this stuff cheap and it's available all over the place!

I am pleased I am not doing cams now. I can buy a *hit load of this stuff and run it 24 x 7 yee haa

Old 07-03-2009, 05:19 PM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
I have a system plumbed on my car with nozzles before the turbos and at the T-body but have yet to tune for it.Evoms is gonna try it out.
where did you mount the nozzles before the turbo?

also, where did you mount your tank? I'm curious to see what/where others have decided as tank location.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Does anybody know what the estimated octane rating would be using 91 octane and 40% methanol washer fuild. Is there a safe way of calculating this?

Old 07-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by audikp
where did you mount the nozzles before the turbo?

also, where did you mount your tank? I'm curious to see what/where others have decided as tank location.
The tank is mounted in the front trunk....

Old 07-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Does anybody know what the estimated octane rating would be using 91 octane and 40% methanol washer fuild. Is there a safe way of calculating this?
I've read claims of 25% to 30% increases in octane rating using a 50/50 mix of water-methanol with pump gas.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I've read claims of 25% to 30% increases in octane rating using a 50/50 mix of water-methanol with pump gas.
Thanks Scott, I much appreciate the information you have presented in this thread

So give or take we are saying about 109 when running 91 and 40-50% water meth, either way well over 100...very interesting.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:57 PM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
Old 07-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Thanks Scott, I much appreciate the information you have presented in this thread

So give or take we are saying about 109 when running 91 and 40-50% water meth, either way well over 100...very interesting.

heck using 93 octane it is equivalent to C16. Not sure if the Meth % though.

More info for Canadians looking at doing this.

I just logged onto the Recochem Inc website in Canada and looked up the methanol content (MSDS) of their -40C Turbo Power blue washer fluid that I have tons of in my garage.

Would you beleive it, it is 40 to 50% methanol. This stuff is dirt cheap $1.75 a gallon on sale.

From what I can tell that is pretty high as Tony from EPL was saying maybe 20% but I know it depends on the - temp rating of course.

For once in Canada the bloody cold weather is an advantage as we get this stuff cheap and it's available all over the place!

I am pleased I am not doing cams now. I can buy a *hit load of this stuff and run it 24 x 7 yee haa
versus how much for C17 or MS109? $10 min. WI is the way to go for sure.

glad to see the other tuners falling in line now.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:22 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
problem is no one outside EPL is doing it..
Why is this a problem? Call up Tony.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 93 octane + water/meth vs 117 octane