996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Good News/Bad News: I'm going to be a daddy! Might have to sell the car :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:44 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Congrats Mikey boy!!! Geez, all this rain and you didn't wear a raincoat??? Maybe you can find someone to trade for a Cayenne Turbo?

Old 07-07-2009, 05:38 PM
996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute
I would like to add my congrats too. I would go with Landjet or gt2buyer. My kids are 8 and 9 and to this day the TT lulls them to sleep (the more gear changes the better it seems) while sitting in the back. I would hang tough, as this is a very emotional time for you and your wife.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
The best thing I was ever involved in was the raising of my kids. There really isn't a better feeling and greater reward. Congratulations to you and your wife. I gave up the car habit for a while so I could focus on them. When they were grown and headed in the right direction I re-entered the Porsche family. No great shakes, just think there are some great family sport coupes/sedans out there to entertain you while you embrace fatherhood. Enjoy this time the personal payback is huge.
IS

Old 07-07-2009, 06:06 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Congrats on in coming,condolences on departure.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by landjet
Why doesn't the wife give up her car instead? After all, I'll bet she's the one that wanted the baby. I would just put my foot down and say no.

I agree.
What, is your wife riding a Huffy??
She has her own car AND you have a car that can fit a baby seat, whats the debate here? Hell, put the seat in the front, if all 3 of you are going somewhere you just take her car. Its a baby, its not a horse.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
The best thing I was ever involved in was the raising of my kids. There really isn't a better feeling and greater reward. Congratulations to you and your wife. I gave up the car habit for a while so I could focus on them. When they were grown and headed in the right direction I re-entered the Porsche family. No great shakes, just think there are some great family sport coupes/sedans out there to entertain you while you embrace fatherhood. Enjoy this time the personal payback is huge. I am still in awe of my 2 sons and they are 24 & 26. You will have lots of cars but you will only be a kids dad once. Sorry didn't mean to get so Oprah.
JS

Old 07-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'm really touched. Once you see that kid jumping around on the sonogram, your priorities re-shuffle a bit. Amazing stuff.

As for the car, I don't HAVE to sell it, but it would make logistics a bit easier. I live in an urban area in a highrise and only have one parking spot. We rent another one down the block for her beater. That worked before but now the choices are: (1) park the 996TT outside at an unattended lot or (2) have my wife and newborn walk two blocks in the rain to get to the "family car".

There are always work arounds. I figured I'd test the market. If it sells near asking, great, if it doesn't, I'll just hold on to it. At least I can tell her I tried. She caught onto my ruse when the first iteration of the ad listed the car at $95k.

Either way, I'll definitely be back in a p-car when she relocates me to the burbs and I have garage space again.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Congrats... You'r gonna remember the car for a long time... You're gonna have the child a lot longer!

Mike

Old 07-07-2009, 06:33 PM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
congrats on the baby there wonderful..........

Old 07-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! My first is 15 months and loves the back of the TT. We just found out we are expecting the second in Feb... Might get a bit more packed, bit that's what the Honda Pilot is for. Your going to love fatherhood!

Old 07-08-2009, 01:02 AM
seven11 is infamous around these parts
congrats on your soon to be the most important thing in your life!

and i dont see a problem to leaving the porsche parked on the street let alone on a parking lot, much better than selling it

Old 07-08-2009, 05:38 AM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
Congrats, Mike! Exciting news!

If you sell the car you can borrow mine whenever you need a fix!

Old 07-08-2009, 07:47 AM
DAP
DAP is infamous around these parts
Congrats! Having a kid does cut down on the money we can spend on cars, but its more than worth it. My little girl is 18 month old now and it just gets better every day.

And good luck with the sale... if it were a few month down the road, I'd try to snap it up myself. I want a 996TT in the worst way and I know yours is a beautiful example -- based on all of the time I spent drooling over it while it was at EPL!

Old 07-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for all the advice/support guys. Dave, we'll have to trade notes next time I'm up there.

Maybe if I put the stock exhaust back on I can get away with calling it a "family car".

Old 07-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Congrats on the new addition. You can buy another car anytime, besides, a car is just an inanimate object.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good News/Bad News: I'm going to be a daddy! Might have to sell the car :(