996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Good News/Bad News: I'm going to be a daddy! Might have to sell the car :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 04:24 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
Congrats!
Just list the car for really high so it won't sell.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:18 PM
andrejs is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the baby! Sometimes we need to re-prioritize a few things in life, but hey, you can always pick up another one later on.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:34 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Congrats dude. Excellent car for someone.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
Good deal on the baby....oh wait.....

Half hearted attempt..............2002 Turbo. Way Cool. 95k.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Michael,

Congratulations! Your family and children will bring you more enjoyment than the car ever will. That said, I raised 3 children riding in a 911 - my suggestion is to get a good family "other vehicle" and have the best of both worlds.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 07-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
No offense intended, but it sounds like a wife using the situation to exert control.

The 911 was MADE FOR FAMILIES, that was a primary requirement when they started design work. Look, I've had TWO car seats in the back of mine with no sweat. I even have one of those Porsche bears in the racing suit permanently in the car for the girls to play with. They LOVE the car, especially the engine purring right behind their heads.....

Having your family with you in a 911 on a drive is automotive nirvana......

Old 07-08-2009, 07:52 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Explain to her how much you will lose ,if you can even sell the car, in this market. I bet the difference would be more than enough for any down payment on a family car. FWIW my boys have been riding in the back of 911s all their lives without any issues whatsoever.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:25 PM
coastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant future
Congratulations on the upcoming adventure!

Coming from a guy that has 3 little boys (4 yrs, 2 years, and 4 months), I can say that it will change your life!

I'm going the opposite way of you. Having just had another kid, I just recently convinced my wife that our next car should be a 996TT. I figured that we already have the practical vehicle (Honda Odyssey), why do we need another one. The back seat will work in a pinch a haul a couple of the little guys.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Jasil is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
You are gonna get killed in this market...here is what I suggest: Be as thrifty as possible in all aspects of your life and try and put together enough money for a down payment on a minvan or something like the Mazda 5. There are great deals out there and excellent financing.

Don't feel bad for driving a minvan because you have a child now (for men the first 6 months isn't that great...but after 6 months babies are the BEST...my 2 year old is the center of my life). Keep the TT and just drive her a few times a week.

We might consider a Minivan embarrasing...and yes, if you are alone in one then it is...but if your child is in it w/ you it is the perfect ride!
I have a minivan POS 02' model and a POS 05' Saturn for gas mileage, and the Z06 for weekends

Wife drives a X5, so she is always happy

Old 07-09-2009, 07:10 AM
jimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the rough
The Cayenne Turbo S would be a good alternative in your situation. You don't need a minivan for 1 kid.

I have a 15 month old, and have my second kid due this X-mas. No way I'm giving up my P-car. My wife knows she'd have to pry the keys out of my dead, lifeless fingers if she wanted me to part with it.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:52 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Found a land rover discovery for 2400 at the dealer. Needed a tune up, brakes, and about a front bumper...4400k and it looks great. Runs great. Has airbags, and seat covers...so the kids can bang it up.

Kept the 996tt....only one booster in it now, but had two, one big and one small. Had the 993 when we had infants....just got big and cheap cars...back then, a used A6....

Congrats. If you can swing it, keep the p car....

Jeff

Old 07-09-2009, 03:55 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
take your time read just to your new life(it will be new) then sell the p car or keep it do not over react!!!!
enjoy your new life you will always have your kids, the car can go anytime.storage might be cheaper than selling right now!!

Old 07-09-2009, 07:42 PM
nijoma has much to be proud ofnijoma has much to be proud ofnijoma has much to be proud ofnijoma has much to be proud ofnijoma has much to be proud ofnijoma has much to be proud ofnijoma has much to be proud ofnijoma has much to be proud ofnijoma has much to be proud of
Congrats on the new addition

I have a 911 and 3 kids, one goes in the front and two in the back... Get your wife a big truck.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:47 AM
turbomusclz is infamous around these parts
Best of luck!

Congrats on the upcoming addition to the family but dont ever sell your toys just because you cant put a baby seat in it!!! You will need an escape for your own sanity.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Anyone want to trade a tip for a 6speed?
Kind of a crazy idea I'm just throwing out there. One of the main reasons I'm considering selling the car is that if I have to drive the wife's car, my wife and kid are stuck at home with a car she can't drive. I don't like that idea if there's an emergency. I've tried to teach her, but a 650hp car with a stage 3 clutch is a tough car to learn on and she's not taking lessons while pregnant.

So does anyone have a tip out there and always wanted a 6-speed?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good News/Bad News: I'm going to be a daddy! Might have to sell the car :(