996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Good News/Bad News: I'm going to be a daddy! Might have to sell the car :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 09:13 AM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
IMHO, if you are going for a Tip you might as well trade your car and get something more practical for your situation. No offense to Tip guys here….I tried and driven a couple of tiptronic cars the appeal is not there, off course this is a subjective opinion. It’s crazy I actually did the opposite, I went and bought a 996 turbo last December and we had our daughter in January this year. I figured my wife has a Honda and I have a Jeep for dd…so time for a fun car. But i understand you have a different situation.

Last edited by vbmw335; 07-23-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:16 PM
chad05gt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
You are gonna get killed in this market...here is what I suggest: Be as thrifty as possible in all aspects of your life and try and put together enough money for a down payment on a minvan or something like the Mazda 5. There are great deals out there and excellent financing.

Don't feel bad for driving a minvan because you have a child now (for men the first 6 months isn't that great...but after 6 months babies are the BEST...my 2 year old is the center of my life). Keep the TT and just drive her a few times a week.

We might consider a Minivan embarrasing...and yes, if you are alone in one then it is...but if your child is in it w/ you it is the perfect ride!

Wanna trade!?!

You can get a sticker on the back of the mini van:

" my porsche does 7.0's "
... and first bib with:
" my daddy's porsch does sub 7's "
b/c by then, Im sure it will

Congrats on the new addition.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:19 AM
rafiki is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Anyone want to trade a tip for a 6speed?
Kind of a crazy idea I'm just throwing out there. One of the main reasons I'm considering selling the car is that if I have to drive the wife's car, my wife and kid are stuck at home with a car she can't drive. I don't like that idea if there's an emergency. I've tried to teach her, but a 650hp car with a stage 3 clutch is a tough car to learn on and she's not taking lessons while pregnant.

So does anyone have a tip out there and always wanted a 6-speed?
I'd consider trading you my Tip(got two kids here under 6 who love riding in the 996tt ).

I like seal grey better than my Arctic Silver and I'm considering upgrading to K16 / 16 G's, but....your steering wheel is on the wrong side!

Congrats and + 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
You are gonna get killed in this market...here is what I suggest: Be as thrifty as possible in all aspects of your life and try and put together enough money for a down payment on a minvan or something like the Mazda 5. There are great deals out there and excellent financing.

Don't feel bad for driving a minvan because you have a child now (for men the first 6 months isn't that great...but after 6 months babies are the BEST...my 2 year old is the center of my life). Keep the TT and just drive her a few times a week.

We might consider a Minivan embarrasing...and yes, if you are alone in one then it is...but if your child is in it w/ you it is the perfect ride!

Old 07-27-2009, 12:11 AM
RAD911 is infamous around these parts
congrads on fatherhood. nothing better in life!