996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Good News/Bad News: I'm going to be a daddy! Might have to sell the car :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Good News/Bad News: I'm going to be a daddy! Might have to sell the car :(

It breaks my heart to do it, but my wife and I are expecting our first child. Despite my sending her an impressive collection of photos of 911s with child seats in the back, she wasn't sold. I told her I'd make a half-hearted attempt to sell it on the boards, so here we go:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rid-board.html

Let me know if any of you are interested. I really want her to go to a good home.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:44 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations. I went through the same thing two years ago.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:50 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
You gotta do what is best for you and family. No worries, you may pick one up before you know it again. Art

Old 07-07-2009, 02:24 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Congrats man. Life will never be the same.

I'd buy a used _____________ with the money your gonna loose on you turbo!

A

Old 07-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Alpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud of
SGM -- Congratulations on the new baby! Isn't the 996tt just like a SUV? -- AWD, 4 seats, room for the family? At least that's what I told my wife.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:48 PM
kennyALB is infamous around these parts
congratulation man, i wish i culd buy your car

Old 07-07-2009, 02:50 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Why doesn't the wife give up her car instead? After all, I'll bet she's the one that wanted the baby. I would just put my foot down and say no.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:04 PM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Congratulations on the new addition.
But what a sad time to sell in this market.
I have a 4 month old, and have not been able to find a rear facing seat that fit in the 996 to my liking. Plenty of choices for a fwd facing seats that fit, but that is a long way away.
Saw from your ad you are looking for four doors, and wanted to offer a tip I just learned the hard way, don't think to small. Kids required an amazing amount of junk to travel successfully. I thought a midsized suv like an MDX would be big enough, but nope.
good luck

Old 07-07-2009, 03:30 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
First off Mike HUGE congrats bro! Life will never be the same (in a very very good way) Although you don't want to sell the car the trade off or rather UPGRADE is going to be worth it. Good luck on selling your car and make sure to stay on the boards so when the time comes to buy another P-car you will have your finger on the pulse.
Once again Congrats and good luck!

Old 07-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
OK guys....you newbies out there who say they're looking for a good car...here's one from an established forum member that's had some meticulous care, and some very nice mods installed. Unfortunately, most of the replies are going to be....Gee, I wish I had seen this last year when I bought mine....or I wish I had another space in my garage......and I'll add my comment to the mix. If I was looking right now...I'd be PM'ing Slate and start negotiating.

Hearty Congrats on the new baby, and best of luck in the sale of a really nicely appointed car.

Chuck

Old 07-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
You are gonna get killed in this market...here is what I suggest: Be as thrifty as possible in all aspects of your life and try and put together enough money for a down payment on a minvan or something like the Mazda 5. There are great deals out there and excellent financing.

Don't feel bad for driving a minvan because you have a child now (for men the first 6 months isn't that great...but after 6 months babies are the BEST...my 2 year old is the center of my life). Keep the TT and just drive her a few times a week.

We might consider a Minivan embarrasing...and yes, if you are alone in one then it is...but if your child is in it w/ you it is the perfect ride!

Old 07-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the new baby

Old 07-07-2009, 04:10 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
hey wait a min !!! the reason i bought my 1st turbo (a 76) was because it had room for a car seat in the back.
think we used it twice but what an excuse, am on my third p car now and guess what my car saet girl was or last child (she is a good one)lets add that up no more kids and two more porsches how does that work??? anyway do not over react youll be real busy child proofing you house and keep the gararge door locked for about 8 years... good luck steve

Old 07-07-2009, 04:11 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Mile-
Trust me bro, when you watch your child being born, you'll forget all about the car......for a couple years at least!

Congrats!!!

Old 07-07-2009, 04:18 PM
gt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the rough
I don't get it, I've been to a few baby showers in my time and it seems your friends and family give you everything you need ESP if its your first.. I do understand the turbo is not big enough to carry a baby, wife, and what ever else you need but that's what the family cars for. Dose you wife not have a car? I just don't get the idea of selling a car for a child. I rather just lease a new Hyundai for 5 years then sell my turbo that i just upgraded. GL with the sale, Let meknow when you list the exhaust and wheels

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good News/Bad News: I'm going to be a daddy! Might have to sell the car :(