996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tial's new Aplha286

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 01:08 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TiALSport
i can make it simple:

3071 wheel: 46lb/min
18G wheel: 40lb/min
A28 wheel: 48lb/min
Iam not doubting your figures but arent these bench or mathematically generated max flow figures? Is it not possible that the extra flow either is not realized or does not make a significant difference in the power generated for this application ie. 996TT engine? The real world performance numbers from these turbos (new A28s) thus far have not born out the assertion that because they can flow more air that they are superior to GT30s and 24/18gs.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:37 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I agree. There's the theoretical component which I totally get but then there's the application. The case here is real world performance. I think the A28s are fine turbos but the 18g has proven itself over and over and over. Until such time where people see repeated, verifiable independent results where the A28s , without meth, surpass (i.e., beat on the road, real world 60-130, 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile yadda yadda yadda) the 18g is IMHO a proven winner.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:57 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Very similar application was Chris 6.08 vs. my 6.14 from 60-130. Chris had 18G and I had old version Tial non ball bearing GT28. I think the new A28's will give them a good run based on the graph I see. I am sure new records will be born we just have to ask the owners to put them to a test. I'm waiting unless you want to bring me your cars

Old 09-04-2009, 02:10 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
you can say what you want and post theoretical numbers... but in the real world runs they havent proved nothing !!! less then impressive .... not worth the money over the 18s or 20s.

ive seen 850 whp on 3076's show me that on a28... LOL ... dont kid your selves gentlemen.. like i said,... numbers and times in REAL life !!!!

so , does the a28 also outflow your alpha 3076 ?

Last edited by unvmy996; 09-04-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:56 PM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MBailey
Iam not doubting your figures but arent these bench or mathematically generated max flow figures? Is it not possible that the extra flow either is not realized or does not make a significant difference in the power generated for this application ie. 996TT engine? The real world performance numbers from these turbos (new A28s) thus far have not born out the assertion that because they can flow more air that they are superior to GT30s and 24/18gs.
all have been bench flowed (by Garrett and MHI), maps for the 18g and gt30 are publicly available.

the turbos used in the A28 kits have also been put on single turbo 2.0 cars, which have consistently made 420+whp to all 4 wheels running higher than 1.4 bar though. we calculated out the hp made and used this formula

to calculate actual lb/min airflow

Last edited by TiALSport; 09-04-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:59 PM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by unvmym3
you can say what you want and post theoretical numbers... but in the real world runs they havent proved nothing !!! less then impressive .... not worth the money over the 18s or 20s.

ive seen 850 whp on 3076's show me that on a28... LOL ... dont kid your selves gentlemen.. like i said,... numbers and times in REAL life !!!!

so , does the a28 also outflow your alpha 3076 ?
at what point and where did i mention that a A28 outflows a GT3076?

Old 09-04-2009, 04:22 PM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmym3
stronger or equal to 3071's ? LOL ..... the 18g pulls harder then the a28s up top.how are they even close to 3071's ?
i did beat a 20g car, twice from bottom to top. i dont want to mention any name (sorry)

Old 09-04-2009, 04:34 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yllwturbo
i did beat a 20g car, twice from bottom to top. i dont want to mention any name (sorry)
You should post a 60-130 for Scott to verify!

Old 09-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
hey guys...
Bobby and I have played with just about every turbo combination there is over the years.... he was the first to do the 16g,the 18g, and even the 20g... (as far as I know)...
my point is, its the hot side that chokes a car up not the cold side.. anyone can stuff a XXX wheel into a housing... but it is only as good as the hot side... I have seen many turbos spool up and die... all due to a small K16 or even a K24 hotside...

With all that said, comparing just the lb./minute each flow is not a fair comparison...
I bet if I stuff that 18g wheel into a garrett housing with a bigger hot side (then the current K24) configuration it will shine like never before... thats cause the K24 hotside is choking it.. especially after 1.3 bar.... we did 620 rwhp at 1.3 bar and it took another .5 bar to get it to 670... had that been on a bigger turbine wheel with a bigger hotside it would probably make that at 1.3 bar....
I do think that the Tial Hotside they have is a neat thing...

markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-04-2009, 05:24 PM
frankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to all
You know, to a future modder, this is the kind of discussion I will be absorbing for some time before deciding what route to go with for my car. Keep it up!

Old 09-04-2009, 05:58 PM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MBailey
You should post a 60-130 for Scott to verify!
i am not really into straight line speed, this is probably my 10th time doing it n i have the car for almost 10 years. dont get get me wrong its nice to know the car is quick. 1st time i went to a 1/4 track i did 15.6 just ask Art LOL

Old 09-05-2009, 12:27 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
He sounds too humble, he drives alright He beat everyone's 60ft by running 1.5s with first try When we get together when all cars are ready we will hook up the Vbox for him and check it out, I bet he can beat my record with these new turbos. I heard the car pulls strong from start to end.

Originally Posted by yllwturbo
i am not really into straight line speed, this is probably my 10th time doing it n i have the car for almost 10 years. dont get get me wrong its nice to know the car is quick. 1st time i went to a 1/4 track i did 15.6 just ask Art LOL

Old 09-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by art4iza
He sounds too humble, he drives alright He beat everyone's 60ft by running 1.5s with first try When we get together when all cars are ready we will hook up the Vbox for him and check it out, I bet he can beat my record with these new turbos. I heard the car pulls strong from start to end.
lol i wish mang, u know i cant drive. i hope to come out this Sunday with you guys. i'mgoing to the track this Monday (big Willow) so i might have to please the Mrs and take her wherever she want. come on guys u guys know!!!!!

Old 09-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Sorry guys, I was out of town unexpectedly. How did it go?

Old 09-24-2009, 08:22 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
Tialsport,
So You means new A28 put little more Hp and spool faster than you current Alpha3071? Please correct if I'm wrong. I'm choosing to buy between these two.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tial's new Aplha286