996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Buy a 996tt from a private owner for 3.9% financing with a blank check

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 09:23 AM
911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !
Buy a 996tt from a private owner for 3.9% financing with a blank check

I just did it. It's super easy. I found out about it from the NSXprime board.

It's called Pentagon Federal Credit Union at penfed.org

1) Call and donate $20, they then open a savings for you with $5. They do it via credit card so have it ready when you call.

2) They then give you a member number and you apply for the autoloan on their website. If you have good credit, they should approve you right away and can overnight you the blank check for a small fee.

The limits are that they will only lend you up to the NADA value so check the NADA site to make sure that the car you want isn't over. If it is, then you just need to come up with the difference in cash or some other method.

This isn't BS. I'm in no way affiliated or gain from this.

I do hope that this helps stabilize sellers on here who think that the answer to selling is lowering their price.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:19 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
I just finance thru the National Bank of Nigeria just kidding, but is does look like you need to meet some requirements such as military employment or other associations.. https://www.penfed.org/howToJoin/overview.asp

Last edited by KPG; 07-11-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:31 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
He's right. (I've got a turbo as proof. ) If you're not in the military, you just need to pay the $20 fee to the NMFA which is a program that supports military families. Anyone is eligible. It's a good cause, and a crazy rate. (That 3.99 was even crazier before other rates came down.) Just don't be a deadbeat and not pay your loan. You don't want to screw over an oganization that helps our troops' families.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:04 AM
IUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to behold
Financing through penfed has become huge the last few months.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Brandon is infamous around these parts
this sounds interesting

Old 07-11-2009, 12:43 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
yep.. it is a popular topic int he auto financing forum. Anyone know if it works for an independent dealer? or just private party?

Old 07-11-2009, 03:19 PM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
yep.. it is a popular topic int he auto financing forum. Anyone know if it works for an independent dealer? or just private party?
New dealer, used dealer, or private party. They don't care. Book value on my car was enough above my purchase price that I even financed the tax.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:25 PM
numbnuts is infamous around these parts
Sounds like a great service they provide.....but a home equity loan you can write off the nterest.....

Old 07-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
What are the length of loans?

Old 07-11-2009, 05:30 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by seth_horwitz
New dealer, used dealer, or private party. They don't care. Book value on my car was enough above my purchase price that I even financed the tax.

great to know. Any idea what the minimum credit score is for approval?

Old 07-11-2009, 07:49 PM
911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Small Shrimp
What are the length of loans?
I got 3.9% for 60. I think they may do a slightly higher rate for 72.

I think you need a 720 or so to qualify but i'm not positive.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:31 PM
donimac is infamous around these parts
Pen Fed

My wife and I have been with PFCU for close to 20 years now. They are the best. I financed my Pcar through them back in 2007. I wouldn't change banks for any reason. Best of luck to you all who decide to open an acct with them.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by ********
Sounds like a great service they provide.....but a home equity loan you can write off the nterest.....
Yeah, and they can take your house if you default. In all seriousness, I figured I'd get a lot more than the 1% after tax difference with a few investments. (Whereas a car is a depreciating asset.)

Old 07-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Car depreciation varies greatly by make model. Sure, someone who bought a 996tt for 2 years ago or more probably took a bath. But, this is as low as it's going to go.

I know what you are trying to get across though.

Last edited by 911-AL; 07-11-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by 911-AL
Car depreciation varies greatly by make model. Sure, someone who bought a 996tt for 2 years ago or more probably took a bath. But, this is as low as it's going to go.

I know what you are trying to get across though.
The first owner of my car took a $95k hit for 5,000 miles, in five years. You're right, in that my depreciation should be quite reasonable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Buy a 996tt from a private owner for 3.9% financing with a blank check