996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K24/18 996tt against C5Z06 w/cam and 100shot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 02:10 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
The C5 in the video was dynoed at 620HP to the wheels. I do not remember it's exact mods but it was loud and fast. My car did not have the JIC Titanium exhaust installed so my car was considerably slower than it is today. My mods are Revo ECU, AST triple clutch with LWFW, Titanium Exhaust, DV’s, 16lb battery and that is it. I tuned the Revo to run MS 109. If I would run him today, I should be able to keep a 1 car length lead.

Your car, if you run MS 109, should be able to handle the C5 without any issues. I have run a car similar to yours (SID350) and he spanks me every time. I can get him in first and second but that is it. He walks right by me in third and up.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:10 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
A C5 with the LS1/LS6 engine and all of the goodies typically put down 470-480 rwhp. Then add the 100 shot and he's at 570-580.

Thats not much more than you're making at 1.2 bar. If he has a C5 ZO6 they're very light. I think it's about 3040 lb. or so. I don't think you would have any trouble at all with him if you put in some MS109 and run 1.3-1.35 bar. Let us know how it goes and have fun.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:16 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Some good driving skills.......and listen to Robertp and Reen....

Old 07-14-2009, 03:30 PM
MSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud of
well I'm not known to miss to many shifts but it can happen. I'm gonna get it on video hopefully and post it up.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:01 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I look forward to seeing the video. I think you will be 1 to 2 cars a head of him at 130MPH.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:02 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Dont forget good gas, and not a splash,
fill the tank and take advantage of being a boosted car.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
A C5 with the LS1/LS6 engine and all of the goodies typically put down 470-480 rwhp. Then add the 100 shot and he's at 570-580.

Thats not much more than you're making at 1.2 bar. If he has a C5 ZO6 they're very light. I think it's about 3040 lb. or so. I don't think you would have any trouble at all with him if you put in some MS109 and run 1.3-1.35 bar. Let us know how it goes and have fun.
The one in my video had all the goodies and a super charger. No cats either.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:07 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Robert,
that makes sense.

S-351 on this board raced a SuperCharged C5 and beat him handily.
The one in your video was pretty stout.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:14 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Just got home from Running a friend of mine with a 08 Z06 2nd gear pull started at 40 mph , pulled him by 8 cars by 150 mph,did it again, he let off it was bad! 1.3 bar tonight with GT104 in the tank, so like Woodster said put fuel in here and turn it up and give it to him hard! Sorry i hate Vettes!

Old 07-14-2009, 10:22 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robertp
The one in my video had all the goodies and a super charger. No cats either.
I should have been a little clearer. It should make that power (470-480) n/a, without the supercharger.

620 rwhp sounds right for a supercharged LS1/LS6.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:31 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Nice!!!!

Originally Posted by PALETTE
Just got home from Running a friend of mine with a 08 Z06 2nd gear pull started at 40 mph , pulled him by 8 cars by 150 mph,did it again, he let off it was bad! 1.3 bar tonight with GT104 in the tank, so like Woodster said put fuel in here and turn it up and give it to him hard! Sorry i hate Vettes!

Old 07-15-2009, 06:06 AM
I have to find my video from three months ago. I had two 2009 ZR1's out for a run and was able to get .5 car length on them to 130MPH. What a great feeling, but they are great cars too.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:17 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robertp
I have to find my video from three months ago. I had two 2009 ZR1's out for a run and was able to get .5 car length on them to 130MPH. What a great feeling, but they are great cars too.

Rob your right its just the COC_Y owners! i had to put him in his place last night! He wants to do me Sunday at the track! guess i am putting the C16 in for that and 1.4 bar
Will have Video of that run!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Once he starts spinning his tires......You are gone.....they usually do

Originally Posted by PALETTE
Rob your right its just the COC_Y owners! i had to put him in his place last night! He wants to do me Sunday at the track! guess i am putting the C16 in for that and 1.4 bar
Will have Video of that run!

Old 07-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
People seem to underestimate nitrous cars and N/A Vettes or cars in general. Comparing a supercharged car to a cam/n2o car is like comparing apples to oranges. Something to remember Supercharged cars make their power as they get higher in the RPMs. An N/A or n2o car makes its power down low and carries it through the RPMs. Much like a turbo car, well sort of... The turbo car has to come into boost first (with load), but when it does it makes the power and carries it. The supercharged car is going to get dominated all through the curve until the top of the graph when the blower is really spinning and huffing out air. Which is why a car with less power thats turbocharged, n2o, and N/A car will keep up with higher HP blower cars. They just get dominated under the curve.

The Vette also has a weight advantage over the TT. In the C5's case it's anywhere from 150-300lbs depending on the type of Vette it is. People keep throwing the numbers down and are like well you make more therefor you will win. That's all in theory. My brothers C5 FRC (Hardtop, the Z06 style body style) only made 527rwhp on one of Houston's most leanity dynos, and 506rwhp on the dyno where I dyno my Porsche at. It managed to run a 10.55 @ 128mph (letting out) followed up by a 10.6 @ 132. When we lined up with me on 19psi (with no brake boosting) he jumped out over 3-4 cars on me before I even got into boost. I would have had to shift into 5th if I wanted to pass him (I was already at his rear bumper). His car makes 50 more RWHP alone N/A and it's hard to know how much on N2O because of wheelspin on the dyno. The car is a force to be reckoned with on motor unless you are Sean, Rob, or I. There are even faster N/A Vettes in America than his, so just remember that when you line up to anything that has an N2O setup or a lot of HP N/A.

I'll add a picture so people can see what I'm trying to say:
Supercharged Vette (not sure the owner or mods, but it's not going to drastically change the curve).

Nitrous Vette (My brothers car, on it's old cyl. heads, only thing that will change on the curve (if it could dyno clean on the n2o) is that it will shift higher because of more HP on motor and the ability to flow the n2o better). The reason for the step in the curve was the progressive not being set. When we didn't use it on the recent pulls it just ended up in wheel spin.

Regardless of who wins... Just make sure you are safe Do the runs on an abandoned old Mexico highway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K24/18 996tt against C5Z06 w/cam and 100shot