996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K24/18 996tt against C5Z06 w/cam and 100shot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 06:51 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
We LOST to bolt-ons 100 shots C6ZO6 on 18g by half car but in short distance ( about 3/4 mile ) so make sure to make it longer distance

Old 07-15-2009, 07:17 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Do not get me wrong. I love the Z06 I just think there are small number of owners that can maximise the car in a race.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:58 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Chris, don't forget that P cars have a lot more TQ and that's where the power is. You gotta have a good driver to bring out the best of the car. HP only comes handy when running high gears above 4th. I like the dyno sheet on the first one but bring that on dyno dynamics and you will see a very disapointing number. HP to weight also plays a role like you mentioned.......it would be big shocker if I ran that Vette with my old set up....just a hint....weighs less than a Z06

Old 07-16-2009, 10:17 AM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Originally Posted by art4iza
Chris, don't forget that P cars have a lot more TQ and that's where the power is. You gotta have a good driver to bring out the best of the car. HP only comes handy when running high gears above 4th. I like the dyno sheet on the first one but bring that on dyno dynamics and you will see a very disapointing number. HP to weight also plays a role like you mentioned.......it would be big shocker if I ran that Vette with my old set up....just a hint....weighs less than a Z06
Your car weighs under 3100lbs? If so dam thats impressive. The thing with a nitrous car is theres no lag just straight horsepower. Depnding on the cam it has it could easily be 550whp with spray. These cam only cars as chevy guys call them are misleading. It might have stock heads but they still might be worked over. If its geared I hope you have your race gas because your going to need it. With the rigt tire it could easily be a 130+mph car. I hope he doesnt rejet the car for more hp because if he does you might have a loss. Do you know if its a wet shot or dry shot?

Old 07-16-2009, 10:52 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Thanks for the kind words. It's actually not too impressive, I know of one that weighs at 2600lbs with well over 1000HP, now that is scary No clue on the shots.

Originally Posted by revracer
Your car weighs under 3100lbs? If so dam thats impressive. The thing with a nitrous car is theres no lag just straight horsepower. Depnding on the cam it has it could easily be 550whp with spray. These cam only cars as chevy guys call them are misleading. It might have stock heads but they still might be worked over. If its geared I hope you have your race gas because your going to need it. With the rigt tire it could easily be a 130+mph car. I hope he doesnt rejet the car for more hp because if he does you might have a loss. Do you know if its a wet shot or dry shot?

Old 07-16-2009, 03:28 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Powell
People seem to underestimate nitrous cars and N/A Vettes or cars in general. Comparing a supercharged car to a cam/n2o car is like comparing apples to oranges. Something to remember Supercharged cars make their power as they get higher in the RPMs. An N/A or n2o car makes its power down low and carries it through the RPMs. Much like a turbo car, well sort of... The turbo car has to come into boost first (with load), but when it does it makes the power and carries it. The supercharged car is going to get dominated all through the curve until the top of the graph when the blower is really spinning and huffing out air. Which is why a car with less power thats turbocharged, n2o, and N/A car will keep up with higher HP blower cars. They just get dominated under the curve.

The Vette also has a weight advantage over the TT. In the C5's case it's anywhere from 150-300lbs depending on the type of Vette it is. People keep throwing the numbers down and are like well you make more therefor you will win. That's all in theory. My brothers C5 FRC (Hardtop, the Z06 style body style) only made 527rwhp on one of Houston's most leanity dynos, and 506rwhp on the dyno where I dyno my Porsche at. It managed to run a 10.55 @ 128mph (letting out) followed up by a 10.6 @ 132. When we lined up with me on 19psi (with no brake boosting) he jumped out over 3-4 cars on me before I even got into boost. I would have had to shift into 5th if I wanted to pass him (I was already at his rear bumper). His car makes 50 more RWHP alone N/A and it's hard to know how much on N2O because of wheelspin on the dyno. The car is a force to be reckoned with on motor unless you are Sean, Rob, or I. There are even faster N/A Vettes in America than his, so just remember that when you line up to anything that has an N2O setup or a lot of HP N/A.

I'll add a picture so people can see what I'm trying to say:
Supercharged Vette (not sure the owner or mods, but it's not going to drastically change the curve).

Nitrous Vette (My brothers car, on it's old cyl. heads, only thing that will change on the curve (if it could dyno clean on the n2o) is that it will shift higher because of more HP on motor and the ability to flow the n2o better). The reason for the step in the curve was the progressive not being set. When we didn't use it on the recent pulls it just ended up in wheel spin.

Regardless of who wins... Just make sure you are safe Do the runs on an abandoned old Mexico highway.
Chris
I complete agree with your thought process. Small blocks can be a beast on the pavement and can demoralize an unsuspecting victim. They have basically instant torgue, many of them run laughing gas and are geared for the streets. Your brothers vette, Scott's vette and the killer of them all boosted out of Dallas would make believers out of dreamers.
Cheers
Robert

Old 07-16-2009, 10:08 PM
MSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud of
People seem to underestimate nitrous cars and N/A Vettes or cars in general. Comparing a supercharged car to a cam/n2o car is like comparing apples to oranges. Something to remember Supercharged cars make their power as they get higher in the RPMs. An N/A or n2o car makes its power down low and carries it through the RPMs. Much like a turbo car, well sort of... The turbo car has to come into boost first (with load), but when it does it makes the power and carries it. The supercharged car is going to get dominated all through the curve until the top of the graph when the blower is really spinning and huffing out air. Which is why a car with less power thats turbocharged, n2o, and N/A car will keep up with higher HP blower cars. They just get dominated under the curve.

The Vette also has a weight advantage over the TT. In the C5's case it's anywhere from 150-300lbs depending on the type of Vette it is. People keep throwing the numbers down and are like well you make more therefor you will win. That's all in theory. My brothers C5 FRC (Hardtop, the Z06 style body style) only made 527rwhp on one of Houston's most leanity dynos, and 506rwhp on the dyno where I dyno my Porsche at. It managed to run a 10.55 @ 128mph (letting out) followed up by a 10.6 @ 132. When we lined up with me on 19psi (with no brake boosting) he jumped out over 3-4 cars on me before I even got into boost. I would have had to shift into 5th if I wanted to pass him (I was already at his rear bumper). His car makes 50 more RWHP alone N/A and it's hard to know how much on N2O because of wheelspin on the dyno. The car is a force to be reckoned with on motor unless you are Sean, Rob, or I. There are even faster N/A Vettes in America than his, so just remember that when you line up to anything that has an N2O setup or a lot of HP N/A.

I'll add a picture so people can see what I'm trying to say:
Supercharged Vette (not sure the owner or mods, but it's not going to drastically change the curve).

Nitrous Vette (My brothers car, on it's old cyl. heads, only thing that will change on the curve (if it could dyno clean on the n2o) is that it will shift higher because of more HP on motor and the ability to flow the n2o better). The reason for the step in the curve was the progressive not being set. When we didn't use it on the recent pulls it just ended up in wheel spin.

Regardless of who wins... Just make sure you are safe Do the runs on an abandoned old Mexico highway.
Well I'm definitely not underestimating the Vette, thats why I'm asking what you guys think. He told me I get to pick the race and go to what ever speed I want so I assume he is fast. BTW Powell is that your last name?

Old 07-16-2009, 10:14 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MSCaymanS
Well I'm definitely not underestimating the Vette, thats why I'm asking what you guys think. He told me I get to pick the race and go to what ever speed I want so I assume he is fast. BTW Powell is that your last name?
Yup. I post on the LS1 Forums and "Mr Powell". My first name is Chris and my brother "Lil Powell" on here is Matt.

I'm just going to say though it could be a lot closer race and not a immediate win. Hell you may destroy him, or vice versa. Street racing always has factors LOL!

Old 07-16-2009, 10:15 PM
MSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud of
Thats funny as my name is Matt Powell too!

Old 07-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
k24/18 car on racegas should be a very good race for a cam/100 shot car, But if the k24/18 car is on pump the z06 should win.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Well since you are a Powell you must learn to talk more smack. It's our duty as Powell's to bring hell to the forums LOL!

Old 07-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Lil Powell
k24/18 car on racegas should be a very good race for a cam/100 shot car, But if the k24/18 car is on pump the z06 should win.
Unfortunately local shop didn't have any unleaded race gas so I'll be ordering some, although I don't have a race tune yet. I'm currently running 1.2bar with spikes to 1.3 bar on a pump gas tune from EPL. It's all in good fun and I have had a real race since I got this car. I pulled pretty good on my friends Evo on the way back from Titan and he traps 123-125 pretty consistently.

Last edited by MSCaymanS; 07-16-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Well since you are a Powell you must learn to talk more smack. It's our duty as Powell's to bring hell to the forums LOL!
I'll definitely have to work on that!

Old 07-17-2009, 02:16 AM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
I LOVE THAT

Old 07-19-2009, 12:21 AM
okay how should I do against a built 418 stroker motor because that is what the Z06 has?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K24/18 996tt against C5Z06 w/cam and 100shot