996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K24/18 996tt against C5Z06 w/cam and 100shot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 01:09 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MSCaymanS
okay how should I do against a built 418 stroker motor because that is what the Z06 has?
Yeah it SHOULD make 520-550+rwhp or more if its built right. If hes got N2O you are really f*cked... No offense on that one!!!

Old 07-19-2009, 01:11 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
He has a stroked LS3 in his C5 ZO6? Yikes, we're going to definitely get you some race gas. I don't know what'll happen after that. Just have fun and keep her out of the ditch.
Let us know who it turns out. This should be interesting.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:16 AM
MSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud of
Well he didn't have spray but I just wanted to make sure my car was running right for want it has. I was at his door from 40-150. It was definitely a great first race in my car even though I lost.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:18 AM
MSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud of
On another note I ran a 04 Cobra w/turbo swap and powerglide transmission. 40-130 side by side until we came up on traffic, again I was pretty happy with that result.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:40 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MSCaymanS
Well he didn't have spray but I just wanted to make sure my car was running right for want it has. I was at his door from 40-150. It was definitely a great first race in my car even though I lost.
Video?

Old 07-19-2009, 07:41 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
People seem to underestimate nitrous cars and N/A Vettes or cars in general. Comparing a supercharged car to a cam/n2o car is like comparing apples to oranges. Something to remember Supercharged cars make their power as they get higher in the RPMs. An N/A or n2o car makes its power down low and carries it through the RPMs. Much like a turbo car, well sort of... The turbo car has to come into boost first (with load), but when it does it makes the power and carries it. The supercharged car is going to get dominated all through the curve until the top of the graph when the blower is really spinning and huffing out air. Which is why a car with less power thats turbocharged, n2o, and N/A car will keep up with higher HP blower cars. They just get dominated under the curve.
That statement only accurately applies to Centrifugally S/C'd cars. My car is running a Roots and makes power everywhere in the curve. Hell...I make 630 rwtq at only 2800 rpm:

Attached Images  

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-19-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:14 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
That statement only accurately applies to Centrifugally S/C's cars. My car is running a Roots and makes power everywhere in the curve. Hell...I make 630 rwtq at only 2800 rpm:

Scott's right, volume for volume, a roots style blower will move waayyy more air at any given RPM. And with that air, you need fuel...that is a recipe for big power...as you can see by Scotts dyno...I'm a turbo guy and I don't think I've ever seen a turbo car with 600ftlbs before 3k...although a turbo WILL usually carry the torque out further, higher...

Old 07-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by robertp
Video?
Trying to see if anyone got it on video. My friend didn't bring his camera so no in car video but there was 50+ people out there so hopefully someone had a camera.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:05 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Scott,
I bet if you put a $100 bill in the AC splitter and tell the passanger to pick it up while in second an punch it, he will not be able to go close to it When my 996tt on the old set up put down 650rwTQ on dyno dynamics, I tried this method and it was bullet proof but I told him to go for it when I punched it in second at 4000rpm Your TQ curve is a monster.

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
That statement only accurately applies to Centrifugally S/C'd cars. My car is running a Roots and makes power everywhere in the curve. Hell...I make 630 rwtq at only 2800 rpm: