996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

DIY Brake Job with Mintex Pads Review.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 07:39 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
+1 rep great write up. Looks like a dirty job!

When I started doing a few DEs my stock pads held up the first few sessions but then began to fade and didn't provide the confidence and biting needed as you fly down to turn2 at Laguna Seca. I spoke with F1Crazydriver and suggested trying the CoolCarbon pads. They fit very well and provide much better than stock performance with no noise. I have been tracking them exclusively for the past 1.5 years. I just put new front/backs and flushed the lines again as we're heading down tonKaguna Seca again this weekend and that is a tough track on brakes with our heavy cars. They provide great bite/linear feel and after a tough session and cold only need 1/2 lap to get back in the game again. On street they have a totally OEM feel which I like. Dust is about the same as OEM. VID997 thought me a trick to wax the rims and it helps keep them much cleaner and easier to dust off. Must try that after this weekends adventures.

Sorry for the ramble- great write up and this is what I used to just swap my pads!

Old 05-25-2012, 09:50 AM
dakotan2 is infamous around these parts
Great writeup - thanks! I'll be doing the same shortly and appreciate the tips!