996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: The Shootout Winner Will Be!
Akkurat-Fred Courtot
9.00%
Akkurat-Alex Ross
16.00%
Akkurat-James Wong
3.00%
EVO-Todd Zuccone
21.00%
EVO So. Ca.-Stewart Fredrick
2.00%
EVO So. Ca.-Jessie Garris
0%
FVD-Bryan Roth
3.00%
Imagine Auto-Stephen Kaspar
20.00%
S-Car-Go Racing
8.00%
Protomotive-Alex Djordjevic
18.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

The Shootout Winner Will Be!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 10:02 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
The Shootout Winner Will Be!

After you vote, please explain what influenced your choice.

Akkurat-Fred Courtot

Akkurat-Alex Ross

Akkurat-James Wong

EVO-Todd Zuccone

EVO SC-Stewart Fredrick

EVO SC-Jessie Garris

FVD-Bryan Roth

Imagine Auto- Steve Kaspar

S Car Go Racing

Protomotive-Alex Djordjevic

Last edited by cjv; 11-01-2004 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:40 AM
luting_chen is infamous around these parts
any spec to the cars?
hahaha... i know fred is doing some extensive weight saving and etc... but other cars... no clue ^^"

Old 11-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Red C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to behold
What car is scargo bringing?
NM, I saw in the other thread you're not bringing your car Chad.

Last edited by Red C5; 11-01-2004 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Rex0071% is infamous around these parts
An Akkurat car should win, any workshop who supports an event like this in such numbers should be the winner.....but i guess they use EVO parts sooooo.....

Old 11-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Red C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to behold
Old 11-01-2004, 04:33 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
You know what really sucks is after all the really big talking it looks like just as last year so many people won't show up? Where is Speed Gallery, Meridian, By Design and AWE Tuning? Where is Heinz and Gemballa (probably have more "important" things to do)? Where's the "badass" 233mph 9ff car? RuF won't send a car because they have too much to loose and nothing to gain- so no suprises there. Basically this shoot out has been on the cards for almost a year so why more tuners aren't onboard I don't know... Surely is a slow and ghey tiptronic can enter then anyone else should be chomping at the bits! One thing for sure is the caliber of car coming this year is way stronger than last year...

I'm sure it'll still be fun but it's too bad so many folks are pulling out.

PS CJV, I'm still hoping you'll make a special "guest" appearance

Old 11-01-2004, 04:35 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Alex,
u got my vote. go kick some a$$!

go sleep first!

Old 11-01-2004, 04:43 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by 20C4S
Alex,
u got my vote. go kick some a$$!

go sleep first!
Hehe thanks pal- I figured I'd have to get the pity vote from my best bros.... I drove the car tonight properly for the first time since putting her back together with the new setup. It's hard to gauge anything with the butt (especially seeing as mine is numb) dyno but I know it's faster than it was because for some reason the car didn't always want to go straight

Old 11-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Mr 46 PSI is in da' lead. I think personally it's gonna be between Todd and Alex D. Those two cars are in a class of their own and the rest of us will be playing catch up. It'll be interesting to say the least.

Old 11-01-2004, 04:50 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by sharkster
I drove the car tonight properly for the first time since putting her back together with the new setup. It's hard to gauge anything with the butt (especially seeing as mine is numb) dyno but I know it's faster than it was because for some reason the car didn't always want to go straight
one of the main reason u don't see our name on the list...

Old 11-01-2004, 05:04 PM
LOL that's because you guys are always upgrading from GT3s to GT2s and then to GT1s and of course GT4s You don't have time for no silly shoot out

Old 11-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by sharkster
You know what really sucks is after all the really big talking it looks like just as last year so many people won't show up? Where is Speed Gallery, Meridian, By Design and AWE Tuning? Where is Heinz and Gemballa (probably have more "important" things to do)? Where's the "badass" 233mph 9ff car? RuF won't send a car because they have too much to loose and nothing to gain- so no suprises there. Basically this shoot out has been on the cards for almost a year so why more tuners aren't onboard I don't know...
Alex, I think you hit the nail on the head right there. IMO, you don't have more tuners showing is because they are scared. They don't want second or third place to some smaller shop that most people don't even know about. It's too bad people don't want to compete, instead they make whatever excuse they can think of not to show.

Maybe if Car and Driver were to put this thing on, more would show.

Old 11-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by 20C4S
one of the main reason u don't see our name on the list...
Because you're afraid of competing heads up against other tuners? I don't intend this as a flame, but is that what it really comes down to?

I'd put up my home built C5 against the C5 tuners any day of the week to showcase what my friends and I have accomplished in our garages.

Old 11-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Red C5
Alex, I think you hit the nail on the head right there. IMO, you don't have more tuners showing is because they are scared. They don't want second or third place to some smaller shop that most people don't even know about. It's too bad people don't want to compete, instead they make whatever excuse they can think of not to show.

Maybe if Car and Driver were to put this thing on, more would show.
Even though last year was competitive tuners need not be putt of. Last year there were several tuners helping out and working on "competitor" cars or lending tires/wheels etc... It was a very friendly event and I'm sure it will be this time. There's no shame in not placing first. There IS shame in owning a tiptronic though. Those things are so ghay.

Old 11-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Red C5
Because you're afraid of competing heads up against other tuners? I don't intend this as a flame, but is that what it really comes down to?

I'd put up my home built C5 against the C5 tuners any day of the week to showcase what my friends and I have accomplished in our garages.
Red C5,
i think u're one of Sharky's buddy so am i, but guess u don't know me too well so don't make ur statement too fast

some people are more into show some people are not. in this case we're not & that doesn't mean anyone is afraid of anything. u know better how much time & money have been invested into this shootout to every tuners. i just can't justify that at this point consider we're fairly new. anyway, who care who wins at the end as long as we all have fun!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Shootout Winner Will Be!