996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The 12 Hour K24 Turbo Install............

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 02:42 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Im sure we'll have a lot of video footage next sunday!

Old 09-21-2003, 07:09 PM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
I think I'm bringing my helmet for this Sunday. Last time I did this was in my Z06 and the Police set up a road-block to stop us!!!!

Old 09-21-2003, 07:42 PM
PorschePlayboy is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by KPV
With the urging of my right foot, the red mass that filled my rear view mirror became nothing more than a speck the size of a water droplet on my rear window.
I love that part, nice kill.

Old 09-21-2003, 07:54 PM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
A little over a year ago we had one of these Sunday morning drives and things got a little out of hand. Z06, 360, two 911 turbo's, three Audi S4's, Corvette C4, and a couple of 996's and everyone went all out. It was fun until we got road-blocked, one of the cop's said that they had received about nine phone calls by other motorist's complaining about street racers. The cop's were pretty cool and let us all go with a warning. I guess we got lucky after all.

Old 09-22-2003, 06:06 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Your a brave man..... Great Job.. I would not have even considered doing that myself. I bet it even feels faster knowing that you did it all yourself....

Old 09-22-2003, 07:14 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Ken,

You are the MAN! When I was at PES they had the engine out of the car on the ground and Colin was fighting with getting some of the nuts on the K16 to come off. This while he was sitting in a comfy chair! To do this project yourself is NUTS! You are AWESOME!

Me on the other hand would have the whole thing apart but putting it all back together forget about it! It would all be bolted back together and I would look on the ground and find about 10 extra parts lying there!!!

I do believe you were rewarded by the wrenching Gods to show that poor Ferrari driver what a Porsche 996 turbo with Stage 4 can do!! (sucker!)

Nice job!

Old 09-22-2003, 07:28 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
TonyNJ,
Our route is through some backroads, mostly single lane. I would tend to think the use of more two lane roads would yield more "out of handedness" LOL

Gary/Buddy,
Thanks for the compliments.

Buddy,
PES took the engine out to do your upgrade?
How was the ride back to Michigan?

Old 09-22-2003, 07:45 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Ken,

Yes there is no way to install the new fuel injectors with the motor in the car. They also modify the fuel rail and installed a new intake! When I got to the shop on Wednesday the motor was sitting on the floor! First time I have actually been able to see the 996tt motor in all it's glory!

I will be picking up the car sometime this week, hopefully!! I went to Atlantic City to kill some time and then got stuck because of the Hurricane! Oh well, it was fun all the same!

Old 09-22-2003, 07:57 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Buddy,
So where are you now? Pennsylvania, NJ or Michigan? Just trying to keep tabs on you!! LOL
I have seen photos of the 996 engine out of the car but seeing it in person must have been a treat. You are probably going nuts waiting to drive that beast! If you are still in NJ by this upcoming Sunday, it would be awesome for you to join us on our meet!!

Imagine that, 2 Stage 5 cars!!! Whoa!

Last edited by KPV; 09-22-2003 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:08 AM
Ken,

Currently in rainy and cold Michigan. Will probably be flying back to Jersey end of this week. What other Stage 5 car will be at your meet??

Assuming it will be the end of the week I might be able to come, have to get a hall pass from the boss though!!

Let me know the details.

Thanks!

Old 09-22-2003, 06:43 PM
KPV
Buddy,
Well, you obviously have seen the details so i hope you can make it. Actually, if I understood Colin correctly, there may be three Stage V cars there!! That includes yours of course!

Old 09-22-2003, 07:12 PM
Colin@PES is infamous around these parts
stage V's @ 28th event

Only 1 is a definate the 2nd one is buddy's car if he and it is still around.
The Other one is the grey one w/ the techart II nose on it.
Stage IV's :
KPV'S
Dr. Terranova???
A Silver GT2 from Northern NJ????

Old 09-22-2003, 09:32 PM
Colin,

Who is the one definate?? I didn't know there were any other
Stage 5 cars around other than the development car and mine in progress. I think Todd has one in progress in Arizona is that the one you are referring to?

Old 09-23-2003, 07:31 AM
gtdream is infamous around these parts
silver gt2

yea i'm the silver gt2 from northern nj. and i might be stopping by the meet on sunday. having the full carbon put in this week hopefully they will be done with it before sunday. I'll keep you guys informed!

Old 09-23-2003, 09:57 AM
Colin@PES is infamous around these parts
stage v's

Buddy the gray car is the definate one

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The 12 Hour K24 Turbo Install............