996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Put on Racing Stripe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 07:11 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Put on Racing Stripe

My company bought a sign shop and hired a guy, so my car was a "test" car for some vinyl work.

I like it, what do you think?

Old 07-24-2009, 07:37 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
Not a bad looking racing stripe. One suggestion would be to carry the stripe all the way down the front bumper and across the rear deck and rear bumper as well. This is the way we did my wife's Martini Cayman S stripe, and it seems to look more "factory" and "finished" that way.

Dan

Old 07-24-2009, 07:41 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
I agree! The original plan was to cover the rest of the hood with the black as well with a 1" gap between the stripe, but the vinyl wasn't stretchy enough, so we ran out of time... Will be experimenting more in the upcoming weeks.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:01 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great, are you looking for another test car to try the Martini Stripes or Silver/Grey strip on a Lapis Blue 996 C4S w/ Misha wing??

PM me if so, I'm in Northern VA.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:04 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
looks great. do the mirrors blk with blk wheels and you will have one "cool" racer. you will get "looks" from everywhere! good luck

Old 07-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by boochook
Looks great, are you looking for another test car to try the Martini Stripes or Silver/Grey strip on a Lapis Blue 996 C4S w/ Misha wing??

PM me if so, I'm in Northern VA.
LOL I don't think my guy is looking for any more "curvy" test cars. He worked his butt off! At least until he can find a more pliable material... I think he said the stripes were easy, but we were trying some other things as well that didn't work out...

The car did get more looks with the stripe. Every red blood American was looking at it on the way home!

Old 07-24-2009, 09:29 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Nice!

Old 07-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I like it. I bet carrying that stripe over the vented rear deck will be a ***** though. Specially like how you cut out the hood badge.

Might be better with twin stripes or a wider sigle stripe.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
looks good, a few of my friends wanted me to do a stripe, but i opted for the whole hood,

thats good u did something differnt alot of guys wont try new things with their porsches, i would tint the windows, and maybe black out the tail lights, black and red go well together

Old 07-25-2009, 03:23 AM
SWO Daddy has a spectacular aura aboutSWO Daddy has a spectacular aura aboutSWO Daddy has a spectacular aura about
Looks good but not my preference. The Cleaner the better for me.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:50 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
I really like the stripe! Not bad considering the whole hood didn't work out for you. I think it may look a little better if you carried the stripe onto the wing instead of blacking out the wing, though. As DocDan said, also carry it over the front and rear bumpers. But even if you don't, it still looks really nice over the hood and roof :thumb sup:

Old 07-27-2009, 06:11 AM
Blue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the rough
awesome, looks great, and easy to remove if you change your mind or want to sell

Old 07-27-2009, 06:14 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Probably worth at least a second on your lap times.

Looks nice, Chad.

Jon

Old 07-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by FAST FWD
Probably worth at least a second on your lap times.

Looks nice, Chad.

Jon
Ha ha! Thanks Jon! I know you said no changes, but I had to! Missed you at Porsche's to Oxford! Can't wait until fall DE!

Old 07-27-2009, 08:01 PM
GoingFast is infamous around these parts
me like it very much....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Put on Racing Stripe