996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K24/18g's or GT2860rs turbo upgrade??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
They can be run with internals. I would have to replace the drivers side one wastegate because it was removed when I went to externals. Honestly though I'd prefer to sell it as a kit because the headers are fitted around these specific turbos. A little noise has never hurt anyone! LOL!!! I'm from a police hell hole southeast of Houston, but I still pull it off some how LOL. One thing to remember is that they are only loud when you go WOT, but so is your car if you have exhaust.

Last edited by Powell; 07-29-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:00 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Unfortunately I drive WOT light to light, and all heads do turn with the B & B exhaust, friends crave the sound, B & B droning is very loud between 2 - 3000 rpm. I will look into external WG's and get back with you, thanks

Old 07-29-2009, 03:57 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
tials venting to atmosphere is THE BEST SOUND EVER !!!!! they are sooo bad a$$ at WOT , i love scaring people while they are cruising with their windows down and you stomp on it next to them and the growll lol the look on their face is priceless !!!! add big intakes in the fender wells plus large turbos lol sounds like a harrier jet .

also much much more precise boost control over the crapy stock actuators and you will never brake a rod .

Old 07-29-2009, 04:21 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
Unfortunately I drive WOT light to light, and all heads do turn with the B & B exhaust, friends crave the sound, B & B droning is very loud between 2 - 3000 rpm. I will look into external WG's and get back with you, thanks

B&B exhaust is a real headbanger...time to upgrade...see Powell !

Old 07-30-2009, 06:11 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
(Palette) Interested, new user, need a few more posts b4 I can respond private, be in touch

PM sent

Old 07-30-2009, 06:14 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmym3
tials venting to atmosphere is THE BEST SOUND EVER !!!!! they are sooo bad a$$ at WOT , i love scaring people while they are cruising with their windows down and you stomp on it next to them and the growll lol the look on their face is priceless !!!! add big intakes in the fender wells plus large turbos lol sounds like a harrier jet .

also much much more precise boost control over the crapy stock actuators and you will never brake a rod .
so true!! just have to watch the car next to you is not an undercover chase car!

Old 07-30-2009, 08:38 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Still need a few more to post PM. However after reading more and talking with several companies (knowing they are all trying to sell there's) I have decided to turn towards the GT upgrade.
Quoted from EVO ; Garrett Turbos: GT turbos are designed to have 25% quicker boost response while being capable of producing more than 25% more power compared to a KKK24 turbocharger.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Yea that's a bit of a statement.
I have the 24/20- with tricks... and boost is instant. As long as you have no boost leaks they all spool fast.. Program is the key factor. a rich program will kill your boost-spool up. i used to have a lag in the bottom of mine till i did some runs and asked Proto to take 5% fuel out of the bottom. Whamoooo instant spool! Did a data log and it right on the money!

Last edited by UrbanHotrod; 07-30-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Still need a few more to post PM. However after reading more and talking with several companies (knowing they are all trying to sell there's) I have decided to turn towards the GT upgrade.
Quoted from EVO ; Garrett Turbos: GT turbos are designed to have 25% quicker boost response while being capable of producing more than 25% more power compared to a KKK24 turbocharger.
If you want to talk to me let me know.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:54 AM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
could these GT3076 run with internal wastegates??
check out the new Tial Alpha28s if you'd prefer internal WGs

Last edited by audikp; 07-30-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:01 PM
that was my original question, 24/18 compare to GT2860rs??

Old 07-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
that was my original question, 24/18 compare to GT2860rs??

Not the same thing. A28s (Tial) are not GT2860rs turbos although they use similar parts. Do a quick search and you will find long topics of recent discussion on this very topic!