996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

For the HOUSTON crowd- Performance Driving School

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:12 AM
kgryder22 is infamous around these parts
For the HOUSTON crowd- Performance Driving School

I am sure you all may have already seen this if you are a LSR PCA member..but just in case, and for those that may not be current members. Looks like allot of fun...and only $75, no brainer.
Hope to be able to meet some of you out there.

~Ken

The Lone Star Region PCA is organizing its 3rd Performance Driving School at the Houston Police Academy, close to the big airport.

The event will be be held on Saturday August 29th and consists of an early morning classroom session followed by 3 different drills in the morning, lunch and another set of 3 drills in the afternoon.

Registration is limited to 30 participants this time, with priority for club members and young drivers (17-21 year old) and opens Wednesday July 29th at noon (clubregistration.net).

Registered participants will receive a complete information package via email by August 15th.

Last edited by kgryder22; 07-29-2009 at 12:53 PM. Reason: embedded link
Old 07-29-2009, 01:39 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Uh... We only street race, dude!!!!!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 02:10 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Hey Ken! Whats up? I'm looking into this thanks.

Todd

Old 07-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
Uh... We only street race, dude!!!!!!!
Not true....we LOVE Go karts! Ben, calling Ben Moore, hello.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:47 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Working on it Sean. Don't you worry.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Looking forward to putting Sean and Paul into the wall Nascar style on the Kart Track! I mean lapping them! LOL!!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Just 'Living the Dream'....

Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Hey Ken! Whats up? I'm looking into this thanks.

Todd
Todd:

I am literally sitting hear tallying up all the stuff I could do to my car instead of my house.

$4K- paint exterior of house OR New H&R Coilovers w/ install AND a FLASH
$2.8K- New Cedar Garage Door OR add the 18g part to my K24's and part of a new clutch OR decent Exhaust.

I guess 7 grand to the 'house' is always better than 7 grand to the car.
Unfortunately, still working on the house, so wife isnt done mollesting the checking account just yet. But doing like a band-aid and ripping it right off....I committed to no mods to the car until the house was done..
I had no idea it would be this torturous.

I have been continuing research on the flash I want to go with and I am swaying back to EPL again. I read some very strong things on Tony's tune and ratcheting these up to 1.3, 1.4 on pump gas.

Any guys here in town (6 speed, not tip) that are on K24/18g's with a softronic and EPL flashes? I would like a ride to see the differences in these before I make a decision.
I think Ben's protomotive and softronic are one in the same, right?
So mainly if there is anyone with the EPL tune, let me know who you are.
Thanks,

Ken

Old 07-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kgryder22
Todd:

I am literally sitting hear tallying up all the stuff I could do to my car instead of my house.

$4K- paint exterior of house OR New H&R Coilovers w/ install AND a FLASH
$2.8K- New Cedar Garage Door OR add the 18g part to my K24's and part of a new clutch OR decent Exhaust.

I guess 7 grand to the 'house' is always better than 7 grand to the car.
Unfortunately, still working on the house, so wife isnt done mollesting the checking account just yet. But doing like a band-aid and ripping it right off....I committed to no mods to the car until the house was done..
I had no idea it would be this torturous.

I have been continuing research on the flash I want to go with and I am swaying back to EPL again. I read some very strong things on Tony's tune and ratcheting these up to 1.3, 1.4 on pump gas.

Any guys here in town (6 speed, not tip) that are on K24/18g's with a softronic and EPL flashes? I would like a ride to see the differences in these before I make a decision.
I think Ben's protomotive and softronic are one in the same, right?
So mainly if there is anyone with the EPL tune, let me know who you are.
Thanks,

Ken
Ken,
I run an EPL Tune couldn't be any happier. I have 3076's though so it is not really the greatest thing to compare a 18G car to. I can tell you this though, you will not regret an EPL tune. Not saying anything bad about the others, because they are all good tuners. I just prefer Tony over everyone.

I think when I end up changing plugs I will be changing turbos (hopefully) so I can take you for a ride, but it will be a real different ride than a standard K24/18G car (hopefully LOL!).

Old 07-29-2009, 06:21 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
You will be very happy with EPL's 18G pump gas tune.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by Powell
Ken,
I run an EPL Tune couldn't be any happier. I have 3076's though so it is not really the greatest thing to compare a 18G car to. I can tell you this though, you will not regret an EPL tune. Not saying anything bad about the others, because they are all good tuners. I just prefer Tony over everyone.

I think when I end up changing plugs I will be changing turbos (hopefully) so I can take you for a ride, but it will be a real different ride than a standard K24/18G car (hopefully LOL!).
Thanks Powell:

If you could, please PM me when a ride is available. Or if you let the board know when you do this, I will PM you. Look forward to it!

~Ken

Old 07-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by kgryder22
Thanks Powell:

If you could, please PM me when a ride is available. Or if you let the board know when you do this, I will PM you. Look forward to it!

~Ken
Ken,
If all goes as planned it'll be about a month one I get everything ordered, because we do all our own work in our garage. If it gets together any sooner I will for sure let you know. Right now the driveability is no good because of the fact I fouled out some plugs with C16 so I get a blinking CEL for misfires every few minutes cruising on the freeway. I still feels decent WOT (I don't get on it while its blinking, as it only happens when cruising), but it won't show you the excellent driveability that I always bragged about.

The only other EPL car I know of in Houston is Edwin (PrecisionPorsche or M32), but he has the K16/16G turbos but he can tell you about how well it drives and runs. Hopefully someone (*hint* you *hint*) gets a EPL K24/18 here in Houston so we can say we have a K24/18G setup from every tuner that does them LOL!