996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BOLO P-Car driver is a cop killer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Banned
Tommy Vercetti is infamous around these parts
BOLO P-Car driver is a cop killer

Dont know if this a repost I looked around a little bit and didnt see anything so..

From the AP wire
Daytona,FL

A Porsche driver is wanted on 3 felonies inclu. aggravated manslaughter, vehicular homicide, manslaughter of a law enforcement officer.
The Oct 2 crash killed Fl Hwy Patrol Trooper Darryl Haywood 39.
According to reports Donald Williams of Orlando was racing his 1999 Suzuki GSX 1100 against a still unknown driver of a late model Porsche Carrera on I-95 in heavy traffic.
The FHP trooper was attempting a pursuit when he lost control of his Camaro Z-28 patrol car and crashed into a tree. The trooper died on the scene. The motorcyclist was arrested later that day.
A state wide BOLO (Be on the look out) has been issued against the Porsche driver that evaded a following police pursuit.

So anyone here from Daytona that may have been doing a little street racing on the 2nd.??

Old 11-04-2004, 10:23 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
infact it's a repost.

Old 11-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Banned
Tommy Vercetti is infamous around these parts
OH son of ... I really looked around in the diff forums incl OT, sorry I blow.

Old 11-04-2004, 01:24 PM
limitup has a spectacular aura aboutlimitup has a spectacular aura about
Let me get this straight ... if a cop decides to chase you and he crashes and dies, you get charged with manslaughter, vehicular homicide, and manslaughter of a law enforcement officer? I don't condone breaking the speed limit but that is insane ...

Old 11-04-2004, 02:01 PM
alamein is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by limitup
Let me get this straight ... if a cop decides to chase you and he crashes and dies, you get charged with manslaughter, vehicular homicide, and manslaughter of a law enforcement officer? I don't condone breaking the speed limit but that is insane ...
I totally agree.

I mean we all break the speed limit now and then , and if some cop as he is pulling on the road accidently crashes and kills himself we might get charged with manslaughter? that's ridiculous imo.

unless, the Porsche was in a high-speed chase with the cop, and was trying to outrun the cop (i.e. Porsche driver knew the cop was on his ***) ... in that case it might be justified.

Old 11-04-2004, 08:39 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I know we all exceed the speed limit from time to time, but I believe once the cop is in persuit you HAVE to pull over. That is why he /she is being sought I'll bet.

Old 11-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
Next, your child pockets a pack of gum at a store. The police, on the way to the "shoplifing" call, gets into an accident and is killed. Now your child is charged with homicide...

From the articles I read, the cop was not close to the "racers" when the accident occurred, is there any evidence that the Porsche knew they were being chased? In addition, I thought I read that the cop car blew a tire or had a mechanical problem, any new news on that?

Roy

Old 11-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
That is ridiculous.

I feel sorry for the Officer and his family, but those charges for his bad driving?

Thats a little extreme

Old 11-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Under PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud of
This officer died while attempting to apprehend a criminal, that is why the criminal is being charged with manslaughter. Also, being charged with a crime does not mean he will be convicted of that crime. It is the same as the person who gets in a fight, punches someone, that person falls, hits his or her head and dies. The other person would be charged with manslaughter although killing someone was likely not their intention. The criminal act resulted, either directly or indirectly, in the death of another individual, in this case, a police officer.

I am not a lawyer, this is just my understanding of the situation and it may be completely wrong.

Last edited by Under PSI; 11-04-2004 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:20 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
now is time for this guy to spend some serious money in mods to change the look of his pcar...

Old 11-04-2004, 11:38 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by limitup

esp. considering the guy probably had NO clue he was even being chased

Old 11-04-2004, 11:49 PM
alamein is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 20C4S
now is time for this guy to spend some serious money in mods to change the look of his pcar...
lol

but very true.

Old 11-04-2004, 11:53 PM
MKW
MKW is infamous around these parts
There was a case a couple years ago in California where 2 cars racing down a freeway and weaving , startled a driver in a minivan who was killed when she lost control swerving . The DA charged and convicted one of the drivers for second degree murder, not manslaughter .

Last edited by MKW; 11-05-2004 at 02:20 AM.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:02 AM
john stephanus is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Under PSI
This officer died while attempting to apprehend a criminal, that is why the criminal is being charged with manslaughter. Also, being charged with a crime does not mean he will be convicted of that crime. It is the same as the person who gets in a fight, punches someone, that person falls, hits his or her head and dies. The other person would be charged with manslaughter although killing someone was likely not their intention. The criminal act resulted, either directly or indirectly, in the death of another individual, in this case, a police officer.

I am not a lawyer, this is just my understanding of the situation and it may be completely wrong.
I guess I do not agree on a couple of counts:

1) Why should this guy who (from what we know as opposed to possibilites that we can presume) was simply driving at a high speed, have to spend the time and money to defend himself against the manslaughter oriented charges?

2) I just do not agree that it is the same as the hypothetical guy who is charged with manslaughter for punching someone who then falls and dies from falling. In that case the person who got punched and fell to his death had no choice in the matter. In the case of the cop, he had total choice as to how aggressively to drive in pursuit of the speeder. Very different situations.

Old 11-05-2004, 12:29 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 20C4S
Think I saw his car in the For Sale forum.
Great price. Any takers?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BOLO P-Car driver is a cop killer