996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

car sitting uneven? help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 12:13 AM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
car sitting uneven? help!

hey everyone I have a 2001 996 turbo that is sitting lower on the whole drivers side than the passenger side? It doesn't look bend or twisted, the bottom of the car looks exactly what you would expect for a car with 19000 miles on it. Just looking at the rear of the car I can see its sitting higher. Has anyone else heard of this and is it something easy to adjust. I looked at the sway bar end links, perfect. I think it still has the factory struts i.e. not adjustable. But the rear has a white plastic looking toothed ring at the top, not sure if this is an adjustable coil over in the rear or not. I am not exactly sure what a set of ps9's or 10's even look like. But any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Old 08-03-2009, 08:39 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Take it to a good alignment shop and they will sort it out. The car may have been corner balanced which can sometimes leave the car looking like that. If you have adjustable shocks, it can be evened out.