996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Video from last night's heads up run with bmoores!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 12:33 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Video Video from last night's heads up run with bmoores!

Let me tell you, last night was huge. Many more cars than usual. We decided to leave and make a few runs and when we got out to our spot, there was a 15 car caravan. This made us a little nervous. Needless to say, Ben and I got one run on video. We made two passes together, one from down around 30 to 120ish which I pulled 1 car and he stuck to my bumper like glue. The second, which you'll see in the video, was from 45 to 145. Once again, I pulled nearly one car on him simply because I don't loose boost during a shift and by 145 he was still on my bumper. Ben is a shifting SOB. Also, If you'll notice, my 3rd to 4th shift was very slow and not as quick as usual, and as a result Ben gained some ground. I'm hoping it is nothing as we will take a look at her next week when we do the Plenum, Ypipe, snorkel and TB. I also killed an EVO on my way home, putting a bus length on him and shutting her down. Good times. I'm pissed that my HI Rez video did not work on YouTube, so we're stuck with the crappy 4:3 ratio. Sorry. BHT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNJU6Hn4C7I

Old 08-05-2009, 12:40 PM
ixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to behold
thatd be a confirmation on the slushbox, does not sound healthy on that last shift...

good times nevertheless!

Old 08-05-2009, 12:51 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Sh#t Todd. I really hope your fresh tiptronic isn't already having issues. Thanks for posting the video. I'm guessing you had on straight pipes, yeah?

Last edited by TXGold; 08-05-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:52 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
You forgot to mention I had a passenger in the first run and you pulled me. The second run you had a passenger and I pulled you!! The third (the taped run) was about as even as I could imagine possible give all the variables of street racing. Awesome night!!

Edit: I was never a big believer in the fact that a passenger would make that much difference but it did last night.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:55 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
Sh#t Todd. I really hope you're fresh tiptronic isn't already having issues. Thanks for posting the video. I'm guessing you had on straight pipes, yeah?
Not sure what it may be ryan like you say its hard to believe it would be anything major considering how new it was but as you can hear in the video it sounds as though it was struggling to fully reengage. The straight pipes are deafening!!!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:11 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Ben, your car seems to be running great! I still can't wait to see it in person.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by TXGold
Ben, your car seems to be running great! I still can't wait to see it in person.
Ryan,

It's been a year that we've been threatening to show up at the same meet and it still hasn't happened!! To think I was telling my buddy on the way up to the meet that I didn't think my car was running as well as it should and that maybe I was just getting used to it. Always nice to go out and run a car with comparable power to really see where you stand. I have considered Todd's car the benchmark especially as it has the tip. I always knew keeping up with his car would be good so I did go home a little more content than I was on the way up to the meet.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:24 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Str8 pipes *****!

Originally Posted by txgold
sh#t todd. I really hope your fresh tiptronic isn't already having issues. Thanks for posting the video. I'm guessing you had on straight pipes, yeah?

Old 08-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Also Todd this was a great computer generated video of what our run might have looked like if we had been running. Well done. Post up the still pics!! I know you took a 100+ I need a new avatar!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:27 PM
emailed you one

Old 08-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Right. It's fun to just imagine.

Originally Posted by bmoores
Also Todd this was a great computer generated video of what our run might have looked like if we had been running. Well done. Post up the still pics!! I know you took a 100+ I need a new avatar!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Old 08-05-2009, 01:43 PM
hEre you go.

Originally Posted by bmoores

Old 08-05-2009, 01:51 PM
oh man that pic is going to get some questions ....... by far the best car at the whole meet!

Old 08-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Todd the av you made me is password protected homie!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video from last night's heads up run with bmoores!