996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Which would you guys prefer for me?
2002-2004 Mercedes Benz G500 or G55 AMG
7.34%
2003-2004 Mercedes Benz CL500
2.75%
2002 Mercedes Benz CL55 AMG
13.76%
2003-2004 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG
40.37%
2005 Hummer H2 SUT
3.67%
2004 Range Rover
20.18%
Something Else! (please leave suggestion below
11.93%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Help Me Decide on a new car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 07:08 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
E-55 AMG gets my vote.

Old 11-06-2004, 08:52 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
renntech,
base on ur selection of cars i would really want to know how u feel from a Cayenne Turbo to the following cars:

G55
Range Rover
H2 SUT... god please don't tell me u really want to trade ur CTT for H2!

u know already from the list above u won't be happy with any of them in any way since ur CTT is problem free now... well, besides the factor that u want a different car.

do the math. if u trade the CTT in now u probably will lose about 20K. then go by the 2005 H2 new but the next day u wake up u'll be losing another 20K maybe. doesn't make sense to me if u ask.

i voted for the E55 not because is a better car for u but the best in the selection. i think the best thing to do is save the money for something really better later.

Old 11-06-2004, 09:05 AM
ruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by msindi
Just saw the polling...Range will change shape and engines soon so I would hold off
The shape was just released in 03' they have many more years before the new one comes out. BUT! their is a cool two door range rover coming out hopefully by december a rep told me, which has 400 horses under the hood!!

Old 11-06-2004, 09:20 AM
Moogle is infamous around these parts
CL500, most beautiful car in merc's range

or get a used AMG CL55

Old 11-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
Hey, post or PM me the details on your outgoing CTT - I might be a buyer...maybe....

Old 11-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Banned
renntech36 is infamous around these partsrenntech36 is infamous around these parts
wow! I really appreciate the response. To answer some questions:

britt: I wish I could afford a CGT. Maybe one day, but that maybe is even a stretch! I would love to get into another Cayenne, but something inside is telling me to wait a few cars, then get into another one. I dont want to get a 3rd Cayenne in a row, so I figure I would switch it up for a little while.

tommy vercetti- gotta stay away from the beemers man! Although I wish I could get a new M5. I drove a 2002 M5 for a couple weeks and I absolutely loved it though!

CayenneS- The H2 is probably the last choice on my list, I dont know why, I just thought a black SUT with black 22's and big Toyo Open Country offroad tires would look kinda cool, but after owning an H1 for a year, I now realize this would be a mistake!\

Arling- I really appreciate the breakdown! I definetely would lose money on an H2 as I checked on their market today at work, thinking the truck would hold a little better, but I was wrong!
I did not own my CTT long enough to lose a big amount of $$$, especially since I bought it used. In fact, if all goes well, I should break pretty even with this deal. I have always managed to break even on cars, and have only lost money twice. One was because I dumped like $60,000 in aftermarket, and other was because of miles. So basically, I am starting with a clean slate here, and just lookin for some help!

I think that I wouldnt get sick of the G55 or range because I just like them so much, but who knows, I, unfortunately, get sick of anything if you give me enough time

Right now though, I am either probably leaning towards an 03 E55 or a 02-03 CL500/CL55 depending on the market. Let me know any other suggestions.

I WILL MISS HER THOUGH

Harris

Last edited by renntech36; 11-06-2004 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:42 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I,d say the RR for the SUV(but it is no porsche) or the E55 for a sedan. Wish I was in your shoes...new cars every 4 to 6 months. I try to keep mine at least 8 years. Really, you can't make a mistake because you will be out of it in the spring anyway. Can't you just put dealer tags on and drive what you want and maybe just pay the depreciation on the car you are using based on the wear and tear?

Old 11-06-2004, 10:44 AM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
Renntech, here's my next move:

Mercedes Benz CLS AMG 55.

Attached Images  
Old 11-06-2004, 10:44 AM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Hey renntech, any way I could swap for your wheels my 19's and possibly some $$ down?

Ryan

Old 11-06-2004, 10:47 AM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
GFORCED- I don't get the CLS. It looks like a cool car, but what market is it aiming for?? Seems a little silly for MB to add this line to their already striking similar car lineup. The fact that there is going to be an AMG version is a good sign, can you tell me more about this car?

Ryan

Old 11-06-2004, 10:57 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by CayenneS
GFORCED- I don't get the CLS. It looks like a cool car, but what market is it aiming for?? Seems a little silly for MB to add this line to their already striking similar car lineup. The fact that there is going to be an AMG version is a good sign, can you tell me more about this car?

Ryan
disagree. i think MB is on to something & i think they're right this time. the CLS does not need to aim for any market but the market is aimed for it already. MB needs car like this to attract younger crowd because IMO E-Class looks too dang old for its market & S-Class is too big only old papa buy them.

i think CLS will do very well in the US market. let's see in about a year.

Old 11-06-2004, 11:11 AM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
Originally posted by CayenneS

Ryan
Ryan,

Mercedes claims to do 0 - 60 in 4.6. It has a V8 supercharged engine, which generates an output of 476 hp and 516 ft lbs of torque from a displacement of 5.5 liters. Its a "Coupe Luxury Saloon" and it is a step up from the E Class and a step down from the S Class with a little more agressiveness. The S Class gets a new look in '06, but I think the CLS is a cool 4 door. I saw it at the LA Auto Show, dubbed the "Vision" and fell in love.

Old 11-06-2004, 11:14 AM
NYSEGuy is infamous around these parts
Hey Harris, I'm gonna have to agree with Moogle on this one, go with the CL55. I've always loved the lines on that car, very classy looks and would look amazing with black 20's on her.

Ed

Old 11-06-2004, 11:25 AM
ChrisRC is infamous around these parts
I'm probably crazy, but I think this car meets most of your criteria. It combines a visceral driving experience and Japanese reliability with the timeless styling and mad pimp factor of an exotic. I would be hard-pressed to believe she (in black of course) wouldn't turn a head or two when you took her out.

Attached Images  
Old 11-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Built to Blast
I didn't see a smiley face after your post so I'm assuming your serious??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help Me Decide on a new car!