996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone painted 996TT sport seats (backs)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 05:24 PM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone painted 996TT sport seats (backs)?

This thought crossed my mind several times to get the seat backs and center console body-mathed since I bought the car, but I could not envision whether it would look good or tacky.

So, after searching a bit, I found some pics of painted seats and console, and I think they look AWESOME in silver on black leather!

One thing I am worried is how to get this done properly, so I am turning to this great place for some guidance/opinions :-)

Has anyone on the board done this (yourself, or had a shop do it)?

Did you remove complete seats or just the backs out of the car to take to the paint shop? If so, how?

What is the right way to get the parts painted?

Finally, how do you like the final product?

Please chime in, I just don't want to do a hack job on a Porsche!!

Cheers, TK

Old 08-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I had a shop do it. Just like factory

Don't tint your windows or it's all for NOT.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:43 PM
toppower is infamous around these parts
Anyone know the approx cost on doing this??

Old 08-16-2009, 09:19 AM
charnph is infamous around these parts
hope this help:

Don't tint your windows or it's all for NOT.
haha:

Old 08-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
IT can be done. My shop spend 4 hours total to remove and re-assemble my sport back. It not difficult and you can even DIY if you have right tools. It look shape on light color cars!

Old 08-16-2009, 04:48 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Picture for you. Painted from the factory.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:41 PM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome, love the way they look body-matched!!!

My windows are already tinted, but i may have to have it removed - it looks too good to hide. :-)

Has anyone taken the seat backs out by themselves? How hard is it, and are there any watchouts?

I think i may take them out myself, and take them to a paint shop.

Cheers, TK

Old 08-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
We can paint them if you are still looking for help.

PM me if you need more info.

-Nathan