996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Is anyone familiar with Roock Performance in Atlanta, GA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Broker404 is infamous around these partsBroker404 is infamous around these parts
Is anyone familiar with Roock Performance in Atlanta, GA?

There is this new Porsche place near my house in Atlanta, GA called Roock Porsche Service. Does anyone know anything about these guys? Apparently they have some pretty nice packages, up to 750hp in some of them. Although the prices Car & Driver were talking about were pretty steep.

http://www.roocksport.com/

http://www.roockusa.com/

Car & Driver Article:

http://www.roocksport.com/main/ROOCK_Car&Driver.pdf

Old 08-16-2009, 10:56 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
They used to be HUGE in the Porsche Motorsport program. Infact I think they won their class in LeMans and like top 5 finish overall or something. They know their stuff when it comes to race cars no doubt! I don't remember what happened, but they had some problems which caused them to disband, I believe they were legal issues but don't quote me on that. Anyway, it's not a fly by night operation, they know what they're doing.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:30 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
It is my understanding people were paying monies and not getting the services and/or parts. There were signs on the internet of Croook instead or Roock. Don't know if the same individuals are involved with the Roock you are now asking about.

I also understood Neil Orton was somehow connected with them. When they disappeared from the radar screen Orton started his own business. It appears the same thing happened with Orton's business where people lost their monies and did not get the parts and/or services they claimed they had coming.

I would check this one out very well to make sure who in fact they are. If there are any ties to the past people I would stay away.

Last edited by cjv; 08-17-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:55 PM
wooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to all
Do some searching on Road Race Forum. Look under Fabian Roock. You will find he was arrested when involved with ALMS racing and not paying suppliers, his mechanics, and writing bad checks. Practice has continued....

Old 08-17-2009, 09:08 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Take it to Beyond OEM in Cumming, run by forum member manalex. He has a ALMS engineer on his staff and some genius tuners as well as a dyno at the shop. I can vouch for Alex, he's one of us who decided to make a business of this hobby thing.

Need any more info, send me a p.m. I can fill you in.

HC

Old 08-17-2009, 10:15 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cjv
It is my understanding people were paying monies and not getting the services and/or parts. There were signs on the internet of Croook instead or Roock. Don't know if the same individuals are involved with the Roock you are now asking about.

I also understood Neil Orton was somehow connected with them. When they disappeared from the radar screen Orton started his own business. It appears the same thing happened with Orton's business where people lost their monies and did not get the parts and/or services they claimed they had coming.

I would check this one out very well to make sure who in fact they are. If there are any ties to the past people I would stay away.
I'm so glad we've got people like you on this forum! I knew they got into trouble, but couldn't recall what it was for. I had no idea that Neil Orton was involved with Rook but now it sure makes sense! It's too bad that these people don't just use the talents that god gave them. Rook was one of the Premier Racing teams in ALMS for a few years and I believe carried the banner with heavy Factory support from Porsche during those years. Such a shame. I wonder if Rook is now still affiliated with the same people or if the name was purchased and brought back. Either way, sure sounds like anyone who chooses to use Rook should be VERY cautious. Personally, if I need to be that cautious when dealing with someone because I don't trust them...I rather go find someone I DO trust.