996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

p0327 Porsche fault code 210 - Knock sensor 1 help pleas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 01:04 AM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
p0327 Porsche fault code 210 - Knock sensor 1 help pleas

hey guys I need some help. I have a 2001 996tt with 19k miles on it. Beautiful, love the car but for some reason I can't keep boost? can only maintain .4 .5 bar at most. I checked all the boost hoses for leaks and already replaced the diverter valves (made no difference). I am sure its the knock sensor, either its broken or loose just not sure exactly what it looks like or its location on the engine. My durametric tool keeps bringing up p0327 Porsche fault code 210 - Knock sensor 1. I am assuming its on the drivers side but I don't want to start pulling off parts without knowing its location and if "fault code 210" is any thing specific like low voltage etc. I have been running 94 octane so i don't think its bad gas, and the car idles and revs like a charm so I don't thinks its plugs or coil packs. Any help pics diagrams etc. will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 08-20-2009, 05:25 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Knock sensor....

First the repair manual is only talking about sensor removal/installation with the engine removed. I don't have any experience with this but the driver side one look easier to removed. The part# is 996-606-125-00 and it is about $79.00.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	307
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	103411   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	204
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	103412  
Attached Images   
Old 08-20-2009, 10:34 PM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the pics they were a big help, and sure as hell the harness that plugs into the knock sensor was all chewed up. No nest or droppings but the bugger chewed the end off right at the connector and now I need a new connector that has a short length of wire on it so I can patch into the cars harness. Do you know if that connector is commonly used in other electrical connections (like O2 sensor or crossreference numbers with vw cars, so I can cut of the sensor and just use plug) or if you can just get the plug any kind of info would be great thanks.

Attached Images   
Old 08-20-2009, 10:40 PM
I almost forgot you can remove the knock sensor without dropping the engine. Its a pain and you have to remove the f tube, air box, alternator, intake manifold etc. but it only takes acouple of hours of screwing around (first time and all)

Old 08-21-2009, 05:42 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Wow! impressive work. Good job! The only two wires plug in the wiring diagrams are the one on this pictures. Do you see yours? My guess the one on the right 999 658 813 48 seems to be the one.... From previous experience the wiring can be order from the dealers. I did not get any luck with the search engine from Pelican or Suncoast...

Attached Images  
Old 08-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
If you need them, PM me. The part number you listed didn't come up, so I'm not sure if it's a good number. Let me know, I'll check Audi and VW too.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 08-23-2009, 10:32 PM
thanks guys but a local vw dealer helped me out big time. They removed the old wiring without destroying the original plug and matched up the original wire and made the plug like new again. Porsche said too bad so sad $200 for new harness just to use only the small plug. They also said the motor has to come down no other way to access it. Its impossible. So I guess I did the impossible and again recieved no help from my local dealer. But thank all of you for your help this website is such a great resource