996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

60-130 Event - Saturday September 19, 2009

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 09:03 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
The car is still "slow" relatively speaking but is a great daily driver. I am building a Supra for my fast car!
Peter

Originally Posted by joetwint
Yeah,just saw that LOL, sneaky,very sneaky

Old 09-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Let's see:

1. As predicted, Sean pus(s)ed out of the race he accepted (shocking) and didn't show up...
Peter
WTF is wrong with you...I am in and out of the hospital all week, and all you can do is bleat on about some imaginary race?

Old 09-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Tired ol Vette couldn't make it in the 9s today. 4x 10 sec passes all either aborting it early or pedaling it with a ****ty launch. Best pass of the day was a 10.1 @ 144. His 60-130 was only a 5.5, but his best has been a 5.2 (and his best mph has been 147 with the nitrous on a 5sec build time). Oh well we are going to probably have to go to Baytown. I love Lonestar, but the track prep on the big end was very poor today (and it's not a event geared for cars on slicks, so I didn't expect it to be). Plus the groove today seemed very small because Matt would get out of it a lot. Then again there was no real rubber laid down. At TX2K events though John has the track prepped like a bad *****, so we either need to do it at that event or Baytown (since it is closer for us).

Thanks again Peter for hosting a bad *** event! The car runs bad ***. It was hard to keep the secret with everyone pestering me about it LOL! Hopefully I'll have the Porsche at the next one.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:36 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Very respectable times guys. Peter, I was only able to pull a 11.3 @125mph with the GTR with a 1600DA and 90 degrees and very similar set up. Great job!! Very impressive on what Todd's car did also, with a 133mph you can easily dip into low 10's also. Glad things went safe and sound. Great write up guys and great info as usual.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:42 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Powell - thanks for coming out and supporting the event, I think this was actually the most highly attended event we've ever had. I think everyone was about 0.5 seconds off their best as the temp was still a bit too high to get the "best" times out of our cars.

art - thanks bro!!!

Sean - oh lord, do I have to keep putting you in your place over and over and over and over????

1. Please reference 19 in the following thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2534392

2. In case you need help and 1 wasn't easy enough, please see post 8 in the following thread where you accepted the challenge:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...18-2009-a.html

3. Speak to our friend Paul, he tried warning you against accepting the challenge, but in typical Sean fashion you spoke first and then decided to think....and the bottom line is, it bit you in your a$$.

Now, where is my $200?

Peter

Old 09-20-2009, 07:30 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Peter
Who did the work on Bob's Viper? Is it comparable to Tim's blue beast? Congrats a great showing yesterday.
Robert

Old 09-20-2009, 08:19 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Video

Wow, what a wild ride. Turned out my new DR's had over 50lbs of air. Luckily the famous Zach and Powell bros were there to help. So, we drained over half the air out of each tire and hooked great after. I am lucky this wasn't WAYY worse. But I'm here to amuze y'all.

We had a great turnout as Peter said. I will post all of the times later today. In the meantime, enjoy my spin.

Here is the graph of the spin.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdzZIW60Cgc

damage.

Last edited by BlackHorseTurbo; 09-20-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:22 AM
RichB is a jewel in the roughRichB is a jewel in the roughRichB is a jewel in the rough
Thanks to Peter for arranging this event. My car ran a best of 7.7 with a few 7.9s and some 8s. (2004 z06)

Quarter mile was 11.7 at 127 and change, but 3-4 shift has been a problem on all runs.

Maybe I have a bent shift fork as I have had probs on the 3-4 for the last year and 1/2? But I think it is more likely that the clutch is heating up the hydraulics and not disengaging quick enough.

Anyhow awesome event and looking to one more if and when the weather cools down a bit.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:26 AM
RichB is a jewel in the roughRichB is a jewel in the roughRichB is a jewel in the rough
[quote=VividRacingTX;2547508]Wow, what a wild ride. Turned out my new DR's had over 50lbs of air. Luckily the famous Zach and Powell bros were there to help. So, we drained over half the air out of each tire and hooked great after. I am lucky this wasn't WAYY worse. But I'm here to amuze y'all.

We had a great turnout as Peter said. I will post all of the times later today. In the meantime, enjoy my spin.

Here is the graph of the spin.

Consider this official notice that you have eight (8) lives left.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:29 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Hey Rich, it was great to see you again. Your car is really strong. Thanks again for coming out, you are always welcome.

I should probably change my name to El Gato...

Click here for My video run with Peter.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2547516

Old 09-20-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Hey Rich, it was great to see you again. Your car is really strong. Thanks again for coming out, you are always welcome.

I should probably change my name to El Gato...

Click here for My video run with Peter.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2547516
Good to see you again and cool vid. Peter was obviously having traction issues with the launch. Both cars are really quick, but I think you edge him out on HP a bit?? However, he may have the AWD advantage, but there was no payoff for him when you guys ran.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:41 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Holy craptacular!!! They should have had an underwear vendor there!!! Glad most of the damage was ego. Were you trying to brake boost the first 100-150 feet?

FYI. I run about 15-16psi in my DR's.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Now I keep an extra pair of underware in my glove box.

Yea, I was running them at 22lbs.. When I ran the 10.70, it hooked perfectly.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Oh, I forgot. I ran a CBR1000R on the highway from 60-150 DEAD even. I had a 300lbs passenger and 50lbs of other gear in the trunk.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Todd see if you can get any videos of Matt's car off the Camera please

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 60-130 Event - Saturday September 19, 2009