996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

60-130 Event - Saturday September 19, 2009

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:06 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Powell That vette Looks like it has some steam!! + Great driving.. Whats up with the suspension?? These vette's hook on ice usually?

Old 09-21-2009, 07:16 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Hey Ben, I was talking to Todd at Proto and he said he will finish your car around Mid November.

Originally Posted by bmoores
Can't wait for October.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:19 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Hey Ben, I was talking to Todd at Proto and he said he will finish your car around Mid November.
Smartass ......... You just keep Ole Black ***** pointed straight and my car will be done before you know it. Glad you are ok. I would pay to hear the explanation Amber got for that one.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:24 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Matt (Miata boy) posted he could smell the crap in my pants or something like that on my FB page and she asked me about it. So, I showed her the video.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:35 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Matt (Miata boy) posted he could smell the crap in my pants or something like that on my FB page and she asked me about it. So, I showed her the video.
Did you tell her it wasn't your fault and that someone put all that air in your tires when you weren't looking?

Old 09-21-2009, 07:41 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Amazing how just an exhaust can get the car so crossed up!!!

Old 09-21-2009, 07:50 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PALETTE
Powell That vette Looks like it has some steam!! + Great driving.. Whats up with the suspension?? These vette's hook on ice usually?
The problem is the initial torque with the Vette, because it makes about 800-900rwtq at 3000-4000 RPM. Though there is not much you can do for suspension on a Vette sadly We have HAL 12-way adjustable shocks, no front sway bar, and that's about it. The problem like John said there was no real track prep done because it is not very often on a 60-130 event where you have a real slick car come out. Plus it does take a lot of time to prep a lane really good. He said next one though he will have both lanes prepped which is REALLY bad *** of him to do. Hopefully Todd will get some video up when he launched on a 200 shot and hooked through first and midway through second.

The Vette is probably going down for about a month or two to freshen the motor up. It's about 3 years old with 15-20k miles on it and about 30 uses of nitrous on it (dyno, track passes, etc). Plus we used Tool Steel rings in the motor. While it's getting that done we are going to put a big nasty nitrous cam in it since Matt hardly drives it. Then re-ring it and make sure it's safe for a 400shot.

I can't wait till it finally gets some traction and has a clean pass. With a 400 I bet we can go some low-mid 9s.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Looks like some kind of thug trying to car jack Matt.
Paul don't be jealous that I can pull the thugged out since cub scout look...

Old 09-21-2009, 08:13 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Thats amazing POWELL with such little parts they work so well.
Goodluck with the upgrades to it..

Old 09-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Wow, what a wild ride. Turned out my new DR's had over 50lbs of air.
You've got THAT MUCH hp and you didn't check your tire pressure?? Who the hell prepped your car?!?

Originally Posted by houstonT
Todd's UT OH:

Bob Helm's 3.97 60-130

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMNty..._embedded#t=13
Awesome but that is the longest staging I've ever seen. Was heat soak becoming a problem? Driver mod? No mirrors? Can you provide an explanation?

Old 09-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
You've got THAT MUCH hp and you didn't check your tire pressure?? Who the hell prepped your car?!?

Awesome but that is the longest staging I've ever seen. Was heat soak becoming a problem? Driver mod? No mirrors? Can you provide an explanation?
With regard to the tire pressure i'm sure Todd had been driving the car most of the day prior to the event and he simply forgot to drop pressures once he got to the track.

As for Bob staging in that vid i'm sure he was just taking his sweet time because he could. It was a private event so it wasn't like he had pressure to get down the track as quickly as possible. He wasn't running a 1/4 mile on that particular pass either it was just for a 60-130 time.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:09 PM
I know right? I use Chico's Racing Chop. Looks like they're fired huh?

Originally Posted by Deuuuce

Old 09-21-2009, 03:54 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
lol nice one Todd...

Old 09-21-2009, 04:02 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
It took Zac aleast 10min to release air from Todd's DR.Name:  whatever.gif
Views: 315
Size:  6.8 KB

Old 09-21-2009, 04:06 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 60-130 Event - Saturday September 19, 2009