996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ruf R turbo vs GT700

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:53 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Yes there are professional drivers on this forum who wants to know? As for the guy being bashed he needed one because he challenged the question instead of seeking the answer, very simple. I guess the Porsche community here is much tougher than outside

[quote=Pellapat;2514187] No ne here is really a professional race car driver,right???

Old 08-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Pellapat
I am really let down with the tone and childish behavior here. The guys at the subaru forum act older then you guys No ne here is really a professional race car driver,right??? I am a bit put off that a moderator would make such harsh statements to another forum member. It isnot acceptable by any means or measure. So mayge the ruf guy was a bit off with his facts. Just because you feel your right you think you can bash someone like that

There are better ways to make a point. No wonder people all over the world think were tools??
So when a moderator points out that someone is full of it why is that not acceptable?

Old 08-24-2009, 11:35 PM
Cossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the rough
If it's worth anything, my car used to be Ruf 550'd.
It wasn't too exciting to drive. I dyno'd 462/507, but that was w/ AWE muffler deletes instead of the Ruf exhaust, and an EPL tune instead of Ruf's, which is ultra conservative. I replaced the Ruf turbos w/ the Tial Alpha A28's and I'm MUCH happier. I picked up over 130whp and over 130tq, and it's available lower in the RPM range than with the Ruf turbos.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:41 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
To be fair, Ruf Rturbo's (not the Ruf tuned cars, but the true Ruf cars) are very formidable around a track due to the extra rigidity of their integrated roll cages. They're also very well made and the transmissions I believe are regeared to better take advantage of their engines. They've proven that they are very fast around a track which is what they're built to do. They're not 60-130 leaders nor are they the best at the 1/4 mile. That being said, a car that's well sorted from EVOMS, Protomotive, AWE, Switzer and other's will be more than a handful for a Ruf RTurbo in capable hands. But in all fairness, here's an amazing video of a Ruf RTurbo with 700hp that disposes of a 997 Cup car around VIR. Obviously this guy is a very good driver, but the cup car driver doesn't exactly look to be a beginner either. Anyway, final result...I'd take any of the cars we're talking about and be VERY happy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOvCaPN-8P8

Old 08-25-2009, 04:52 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Both videos are impressive.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:06 AM
Webtool1 is infamous around these partsWebtool1 is infamous around these parts
Does RUF start with an NA engine and blow on it?
If so, that'd be an interesting rear main seal application.
Slip slidin' away.
Give a wide berth when you're lapping.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:08 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
He's talking about his Ruf beating other Porsches around a road course, but road courses are really about the driver. Put Lewis Hamilton in a stock TT and see who wins that race. That video of the Ruf driving around the ring is sweet, but I'm sure you don't drive like Roser, I know I can't.

Last edited by Onetime; 08-25-2009 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:40 AM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
Well, def. a fun read in the morning!

Old 08-25-2009, 09:18 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Heck, if I had dropped an extra hundred large on a 996, I'd be looking for a niche to say "I'm better".....gotta justify the coin somehow, right?

Old 08-25-2009, 10:44 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
^I spent less than a similar mileage 996 GT2 on the car. The car was previsouly driven by Johannes van Overbeek and owned by the now defunct Peterson-White Lightning team, but probably most of you have no idea of who that is. I suppose he did not the great technical insight into the relative quality of this Ruf compared to what you drive

Old 08-25-2009, 10:56 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
That's a heck of a pedigree on that Ruf. I love the Ruf VIN cars, very special indeed.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:27 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
To be fair, Ruf Rturbo's (not the Ruf tuned cars, but the true Ruf cars) are very formidable around a track due to the extra rigidity of their integrated roll cages. They're also very well made and the transmissions I believe are regeared to better take advantage of their engines. They've proven that they are very fast around a track which is what they're built to do. They're not 60-130 leaders nor are they the best at the 1/4 mile. That being said, a car that's well sorted from EVOMS, Protomotive, AWE, Switzer and other's will be more than a handful for a Ruf RTurbo in capable hands. But in all fairness, here's an amazing video of a Ruf RTurbo with 700hp that disposes of a 997 Cup car around VIR. Obviously this guy is a very good driver, but the cup car driver doesn't exactly look to be a beginner either. Anyway, final result...I'd take any of the cars we're talking about and be VERY happy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOvCaPN-8P8
It looks to me like the cup car lets the Ruf pass. If you look at the :46 mark the cup car leaves the Ruf behind, and then the 2:46 mark they are pulling hard on the cup car. What do you think?

Old 08-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Pellapat
I am really let down with the tone and childish behavior here. The guys at the subaru forum act older then you guys No ne here is really a professional race car driver,right??? I am a bit put off that a moderator would make such harsh statements to another forum member. It isnot acceptable by any means or measure. So mayge the ruf guy was a bit off with his facts. Just because you feel your right you think you can bash someone like that

There are better ways to make a point. No wonder people all over the world think were tools??
I'm sorry, but I'm not about to start wearing kid-gloves when addressing members that post false information on this forum that they can not back up.

I've been posting on car forums a very, very long time, and I have a very low tolerance for BS. I have always been very direct and aggressive with these type of posters whether I was serving as moderator or not, and I'm not about to change because you don't feel it's acceptable.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:48 AM
slick858 has a spectacular aura aboutslick858 has a spectacular aura aboutslick858 has a spectacular aura about
http://inventory.rufautocentre.com/c...83966&d_id=947

Here is the actual car that my friend was in the market for, the comments came from that centre in Texas.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:59 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slick858
http://inventory.rufautocentre.com/c...83966&d_id=947

Here is the actual car that my friend was in the market for, the comments came from that centre in Texas.
Nice car. Again, you will have no problem with it if you have a GT700.
It's interesting, that Ruf is running an Evoms V-flow. I wonder what else it has in it that's not "Ruf".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ruf R turbo vs GT700