996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ruf R turbo vs GT700

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 12:01 PM
knicks is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I'm sorry, but I'm not about to start wearing kid-gloves when addressing members that post false information on this forum that they can not back up.

I've been posting on car forums a very, very long time, and I have a very low tolerance for BS. I have always been very direct and aggressive with these type of posters whether I was serving as moderator or not, and I'm not about to change because you don't feel it's acceptable.
Originally Posted by Pellapat
I am really let down with the tone and childish behavior here. The guys at the subaru forum act older then you guys No ne here is really a professional race car driver,right??? I am a bit put off that a moderator would make such harsh statements to another forum member. It isnot acceptable by any means or measure. So mayge the ruf guy was a bit off with his facts. Just because you feel your right you think you can bash someone like that

There are better ways to make a point. No wonder people all over the world think were tools??
you can consider it bashing, but he's delivering the truth. Just because he's a moderator it doesnt mean he has to baby a situation. he had a strong point to deliver and he was up against a guy posting "false information". And how would we be the tools if we tell the truth? shoot.

my v6 would WHOOOOOOP the ruf..............in a towing competition

Old 08-25-2009, 12:24 PM
BlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TXGold
It looks to me like the cup car lets the Ruf pass. If you look at the :46 mark the cup car leaves the Ruf behind, and then the 2:46 mark they are pulling hard on the cup car. What do you think?
I wouldnt take anything away from The Ruf car, he made up ground nicely after the Cup car pulled away. It does kinda look like the Cup car let him by eventually, not really a hard pass. Probably just a DE, though.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:50 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 911TurboS2
^I spent less than a similar mileage 996 GT2 on the car. The car was previsouly driven by Johannes van Overbeek and owned by the now defunct Peterson-White Lightning team, but probably most of you have no idea of who that is. I suppose he did not the great technical insight into the relative quality of this Ruf compared to what you drive
You mean, Petersen. JVO (of the Flying Lizard team) is the guy who crashed F50 GT #001 on an out lap.

I'm familiar with all of the people you mentioned, but how hard do you think it is to google them? It's not like you're posting confidential/proprietary information.

Greg A

Old 08-25-2009, 02:15 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911TurboS2
^I spent less than a similar mileage 996 GT2 on the car. The car was previsouly driven by Johannes van Overbeek and owned by the now defunct Peterson-White Lightning team, but probably most of you have no idea of who that is. I suppose he did not the great technical insight into the relative quality of this Ruf compared to what you drive
After having spent over a year and a half as a member of this board your comments continue to baffle me. There are all kinds of folks here some that like straight line races and others who love road courses. You are seriously making a fool of yourself by not taking a step back and getting off the bench. I can tell you right now the one thing that speaks louder than anything is real world results. I have a good friend here in Houston who has a yellowbird(one of two ever made in black), 996 RGT, RTurbo 590 (while we're dropping names I should mention it used to be Alois Ruf's personal car), and an RT12. My car has 550whp depending on the daily forecast in Houston and i've managed to record 60-130 times lower than all of these cars. I LOVE Ruf cars and I will own one someday. If you've been in a Ruf, owned one, as you do, or just driven one, you understand. They are very special cars. But this thread isn't about being sentimental its about the facts.

As for your comment about professional drivers ...... There are several on this forum. You probably won't find them boasting around the forum though. Most pro drivers I know like to fly under the radar. I'm really not trying to be a dick. Nearly any of the Houston members can vouge for the claims i've made with the Ruf cars above and validate that i'm not just some slap dick with a fast car. Nor was the gentleman driving the Ruf vehicles. You own one hell of a car and should be very proud of that. Do not let that pride cloud your view of reality though.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
It looks to me like the cup car lets the Ruf pass. If you look at the :46 mark the cup car leaves the Ruf behind, and then the 2:46 mark they are pulling hard on the cup car. What do you think?

exactly what I was thinking, when the cup car came out of the corner lit into it, and the ruf did as well and the cup car was just pulling away. me thinks that the cup car let the ruf car pass. Still, impressive of the ruf car to stay with the cup car like that.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
After having spent over a year and a half as a member of this board your comments continue to baffle me. There are all kinds of folks here some that like straight line races and others who love road courses. You are seriously making a fool of yourself by not taking a step back and getting off the bench. I can tell you right now the one thing that speaks louder than anything is real world results. I have a good friend here in Houston who has a yellowbird(one of two ever made in black), 996 RGT, RTurbo 590 (while we're dropping names I should mention it used to be Alois Ruf's personal car), and an RT12. My car has 550whp depending on the daily forecast in Houston and i've managed to record 60-130 times lower than all of these cars. I LOVE Ruf cars and I will own one someday. If you've been in a Ruf, owned one, as you do, or just driven one, you understand. They are very special cars. But this thread isn't about being sentimental its about the facts.

As for your comment about professional drivers ...... There are several on this forum. You probably won't find them boasting around the forum though. Most pro drivers I know like to fly under the radar. I'm really not trying to be a dick. Nearly any of the Houston members can vouge for the claims i've made with the Ruf cars above and validate that i'm not just some slap dick with a fast car. Nor was the gentleman driving the Ruf vehicles. You own one hell of a car and should be very proud of that. Do not let that pride cloud your view of reality though.

As you would say, well played, Ben. Now when are you going to stop ducking me (ya slap dick) on the Kart track

Old 08-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Please don't quote stuff like that...

Can I please please please neg rep this Fagina more than once?

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 08-25-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Scott,

There is nothing acceptable about your actions whether the other guy had bad information or not. I can never understand people who have to act like children to prove they are right. great the guy was wrong and you were right. Congradualtions the world is now a better, safer place. Maybe tonight while your sleeping you will develope cancer then you may just show other people respect while having a discussion.

There is a new movie out at this site swiftsilentdeep.com

If you want to see people who go beyond the edge for real and have HUGE ***** then i suggest you watch it. Anyone can buy there way into speed and anyone can learn to drive a fast car fast.

See if you want to have a who has got the bigger peni$ contest do something you cannot buy your way into.

Get my drift?????????????????????

FYI my 911 966 runs great at 180 and I have the BRAINS, *****, and SKILLS to do it!

swiftsilentdeep? I thought we were discussing Porsches? Not everyone is capable of driving a fast car fast. Besides, what's a 966?

Last edited by Onetime; 08-25-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:07 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Scott,

Maybe tonight while your sleeping you will develope cancer then you may just show other people respect while having a discussion.

very classy 8th post, if you are going to post comments like this i really dont think you have the right to criticize anything anyone says on this board

Old 08-25-2009, 07:22 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Scott,

There is nothing acceptable about your actions whether the other guy had bad information or not. I can never understand people who have to act like children to prove they are right. great the guy was wrong and you were right. Congradualtions the world is now a better, safer place. Maybe tonight while your sleeping you will develope cancer then you may just show other people respect while having a discussion.

There is a new movie out at this site swiftsilentdeep.com

If you want to see people who go beyond the edge for real and have HUGE ***** then i suggest you watch it. Anyone can buy there way into speed and anyone can learn to drive a fast car fast.

See if you want to have a who has got the bigger peni$ contest do something you cannot buy your way into.

Get my drift?????????????????????

FYI my 911 966 runs great at 180 and I have the BRAINS, *****, and SKILLS to do it!

LOL...Scott, please pull the trigger:

Last edited by bbywu; 08-25-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:50 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Pellapat , you stated that you have the "BRAINS, *****, and SKILLS to do it!", bring them to the Mile my friend. That's where they seperate Boys from Men

Old 08-25-2009, 07:54 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
Pellapat , you stated that you have the "BRAINS, *****, and SKILLS to do it!", bring them to the Mile my friend. That's where they seperate Boys from Men

So THATS why Sean isn't going, he doesn't like being seperated from the boys....

Old 08-25-2009, 07:56 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
It's either the boys or the soaps I'm sure he knows we're messin around with him, don't take it too serious Sean.

Originally Posted by ttboost
So THATS why Sean isn't going, he doesn't like being seperated from the boys....

Old 08-25-2009, 08:01 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
It's either the boys or the soaps I'm sure he knows we're messin around with him, don't take it too serious Sean.

Nah, he's home recupin'...he'll post when he's done watching the Soaps...or done reading NAMBLA monthly...

Old 08-25-2009, 08:19 PM
When I lived in SF (great city) I had an apartment right over a part of town where the gay pride parade would pass through.....I remember that there was a big controversy in the gay community over whether or not they should let NAMBLA participate. Even the gay community found their behavior hard to swallow (pun intended).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ruf R turbo vs GT700