996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ruf R turbo vs GT700

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:44 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TXGold
It looks to me like the cup car lets the Ruf pass. If you look at the :46 mark the cup car leaves the Ruf behind, and then the 2:46 mark they are pulling hard on the cup car. What do you think?
Those guys are hauling *** around VIR, I don't think anybody is letting him by passively. Who knows what happened at :46, I see the Ruf hitting his marks and picking up exit speed on every turn. The only way to tell would be look at the data acquisition on each car and overlay them. That Cup car is no slouch neither is the Ruf. This is what makes road racing so much more fun than 1/4 dragging, which I have done more than my fair share of back in the day.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:46 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
pellapat , you my freind are a tool !! actualy the world is a better safer place cuase of scott LOL little do you know at what he actually does ...

and saying that some one should develop cancer , is plain messed up ...

as far having brains and ***** , lol im willing to bet that you lack both.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:57 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Hey Pellapat-
Just so you know, my 12 year old son is having an ultrasound done this very day to see whether or not he has testicular cancer. Thanks for the kind words. You better hope I never meet you in person my friend.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by $manager
Hey Pellapat-
Just so you know, my 12 year old son is having an ultrasound done this very day to see whether or not he has testicular cancer. Thanks for the kind words. You better hope I never meet you in person my friend.

hope all goes well for your son bro. That is horrible news and as a parent I can feel the pain.

Pellapat, I hope you realize that you require sensitivity training. Your words of vile hate toward another forum member, are totally unacceptable. If your posting was still here I would neg rep the hell out of you and if I was a mod I would ban you.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:10 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear my friend, hope all goes well. Having a child and going through that must just be crazy. I'm helping my Mom as we speak she's going through Leukemia not to mention both my parents have been cancer survivors from past. My prayers are on for you.

Hey Pellapat-

Old 08-26-2009, 10:26 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Pellapat,

Great way to address someone who puts their own life on the line daily to protect your liberties and freedoms.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:29 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
$manager , damn dude , sorry to hear that bro.... hope all turns out well....

Old 08-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Hey Pellapat-

You will be in my prayers, my brother.

Pell,

I hope that you and Scott meet off the coast of Somalia.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:52 AM
VEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really nice
Hey Pellapat-

As a survivor of that i will truly have your son in my prayers, and please if i can give you any advise its to get more than one opinion, I had 8 different doctors opinions before the last one (bless that man) when i was diagnosed, and all the rest said dont worry it will go asway, i wouldnt be here today if i would of listened to them........... May Gods Grace be with Your Son and your family.......

Old 08-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I'm coming late to the party. LOL at Pellepat's post. I guess he assumes I'm a white-collar worker.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I'm coming late to the party. LOL at Pellepat's post. I guess he assumes I'm a white-collar worker.

well you are if part of your job is to give the other guy first rights.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:00 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
my best friend had TC and had to have one removed, they added a prosthetic one, according to his wife you cant tell the difference...i took her word for it

they said he would probably never have kids but his wife just gave birth to a beautiful little boy, he always has been a stubborn a** who didnt like to be told he couldnt do something

my thoughts are with you, stay strong

Old 08-26-2009, 11:15 AM
LOL i second a freindly meet up between scoot pel. scott your in the country right ?or are you overseas again?

Old 08-26-2009, 01:19 PM
brokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud of
Back in the day, many would argue that the Ruf serial numbered cars, were some of the best street prepared cars in the world. And, I venture to guess that many of you had posters of their famous builds plastered on your bedroom walls. I know I certainly did.

Fast forward to today and select just about any venue (¼ mile, Texas mile, closed circuit road course) and a current Ruf car is not really competitive with the cars being turned out by the modern US tuners.

Yes, the Ruf cars are very well sorted, they feel like a truly integrated package (so much so that it can be difficult to describe the driving experience), but they are still just not putting out competitive power. Additionally, some might consider their suspension set-up to be overly street biased. This is not to say that Ruf does not make great cars.

Ruf is a mature brand and they price based upon the magazine exposure they have received since the late 70’s. They are very expensive option that is not really on par with the set-ups that can be assembled by an individual who is willing to do a little homework.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:37 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
^^ well said... those RUF owners sure are proud of their cars.

the competition often catches up, or simply develops, over time.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ruf R turbo vs GT700