996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ruf R turbo vs GT700

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:53 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmym3
RUF is to porsche what DINNAN is to BWM.
Ding, Ding, Ding...we have a winner.

On another BMW forum this turns into a nuclear topic, so I steer clear- but I'd been thinking the same thing. It attracts the same buyers, plays to the same arguments, and has the same 'financial appeal'.

Pella really got out of line with the cancer comment, but I found the deletion of his posts- yet the shadow remaining as quotes to be strange. Ban the twit, and delete atrocious comment, but eliminating all his posts prevents all from understanding his silence is NOT self imposed. Whatever.

A philosophical comment: people (ie Scott, others) don't deserve our respect regarding posts and discussions here for what they do off the forum. Our comments and discssion here should stand on their own- respect is earned here. Of course, from my perspective, Scott has earned it here...and there. But pulling the 'patriot card' is inappropriate to settle a forum disagreement ... Scott of course has way more class than that.

my 2 cents...

A

Old 08-27-2009, 01:03 AM
tradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to behold
i did the bull run in a RUF 550 GT2...there is abslutly no comparison! None what so ever! i will bet pinks or any amount of money, with any driver, any day of the week!

that RUF 550 is not impressive at all. it is what it is, a very reliable and mildly tuned car. it is remaped ECU, slightly bigger turbos and a modifyed stock exhuast and nothing more...PERIOD.

For not much more that the 40k my buddie spent, i have a built stg 3b UMW engine with 730hp, a complete ERP suspension, and a regeared Brian Copens tranny!

you are paying for a name and nothing more.

Last edited by tradin1; 08-27-2009 at 01:07 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:13 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ard
Ding, Ding, Ding...we have a winner.

On another BMW forum this turns into a nuclear topic, so I steer clear- but I'd been thinking the same thing. It attracts the same buyers, plays to the same arguments, and has the same 'financial appeal'.

Pella really got out of line with the cancer comment, but I found the deletion of his posts- yet the shadow remaining as quotes to be strange. Ban the twit, and delete atrocious comment, but eliminating all his posts prevents all from understanding his silence is NOT self imposed. Whatever.

A philosophical comment: people (ie Scott, others) don't deserve our respect regarding posts and discussions here for what they do off the forum. Our comments and discssion here should stand on their own- respect is earned here. Of course, from my perspective, Scott has earned it here...and there. But pulling the 'patriot card' is inappropriate to settle a forum disagreement ... Scott of course has way more class than that.

my 2 cents...

A
Well spoken.... or typed?

Old 08-27-2009, 02:49 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Onetime
He drank the Ruf Kool aid and got schooled when he came here.

tell him to get his own drink koolaid is the official

cayenne owners drink..

Old 08-27-2009, 05:16 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
What's all this fuss about? Statements about wishing cancer on people are totally unacceptable.

Just for the record, I was one of the founders of the "Porschephiles" web forum in the early 1990s, which then led through several iterations to John Dunkle's Rennlist.

I did not mean to start a fued here, but being insulted is not courteous discourse. The Ruf RTurbo I own was modified by the White Lightning race team to add Porsche Motorsports GT2 intercoolers, rear springs and rear sway bar by Jerry Woods, rear and front brake ducts and custom headers by Akkurat, EVO front strut brace, and a number of other modifications. So, I am a great believer in the value of modifications.

The point I am trying to make is that this is a great race car on a road circuit. It might well lose to any of you in the 'Texas Mile' or even in a race. But saying that "by buying Ruf" you are just "buying the name" could also be said about Porsche.

Sorry for any ruffled feathers.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:55 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911TurboS2
What's all this fuss about? Statements about wishing cancer on people are totally unacceptable.

Just for the record, I was one of the founders of the "Porschephiles" web forum in the early 1990s, which then led through several iterations to John Dunkle's Rennlist.

I did not mean to start a fued here, but being insulted is not courteous discourse. The Ruf RTurbo I own was modified by the White Lightning race team to add Porsche Motorsports GT2 intercoolers, rear springs and rear sway bar by Jerry Woods, rear and front brake ducts and custom headers by Akkurat, EVO front strut brace, and a number of other modifications. So, I am a great believer in the value of modifications.

The point I am trying to make is that this is a great race car on a road circuit. It might well lose to any of you in the 'Texas Mile' or even in a race. But saying that "by buying Ruf" you are just "buying the name" could also be said about Porsche.

Sorry for any ruffled feathers.
Understood and well said. Just a reminder how this thread started. The OP posted on how his car (a GT700) would compare to a Ruf 550. This thread got WAAYYY out of hand, fast. The short answer SHOULD have been: NOT EVEN CLOSE. The Ruf would get destroyed, not because it is a crappy car with a great name, but because it is purpose built and it's purpose is not to be the "be all-end all" of HP kings...

Old 08-27-2009, 10:23 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Guys-
First and foremost, looks like my son has what is known as a "hydrocele." No big deal and not cancer.

Secondly, I am absolutely amazed at all the pm's and well wishes I have received. You guys are a quality bunch and words cannot express my gratitude in what was an extremely stressful time.

Thank You.

Tom.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:26 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Tom, that fawkin great news man !!! good to hear ... im goin to have a beer for the good news .... even though is 12 noon LOL.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:29 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by $manager
Guys-
First and foremost, looks like my son has what is known as a "hydrocele." No big deal and not cancer.

Secondly, I am absolutely amazed at all the pm's and well wishes I have received. You guys are a quality bunch and words cannot express my gratitude in what was an extremely stressful time.

Thank You.

Tom.
Great news Tom! Thanks for filling us in...

Old 08-27-2009, 11:00 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Great news Tom. Thank God!

Old 08-27-2009, 11:45 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Great news Tom!

Old 08-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Guys-

Thank You.

Tom.
I am VERY, VERY happy to hear that news, Tom! I'm sincerely happy for your son, you, and the rest of your family!

Old 08-27-2009, 12:27 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Guys-

Thank You.

Tom.
This is far more important and valuable than any car debate could ever be... congrats on the positive news.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:35 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
very happy

Guys-

Thank You.

Tom.
Tom we all are very happy with your news.God bless your family.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thats wonderful, Tom....now up your 529 contributions

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ruf R turbo vs GT700