996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Loaner car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 02:41 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Its only a dealer courtesy.

Old 11-11-2004, 02:55 AM
Ormond is a jewel in the roughOrmond is a jewel in the roughOrmond is a jewel in the rough
When I took the MB in for service, I was offered a Pontiac Grand Am. I said "no thanks, I don't car for those." The young lady was insulted and replied, "I drive a Grand Am, and there's nothing wrong with them." OOPS!

At Porsche of Orlando, I was always fortunate to get a Boxster.

Old 11-11-2004, 02:55 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by JASCLASS
Its only a dealer courtesy.
Yes, and those dealers which are courteous, get biz.

Old 11-11-2004, 03:56 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
BlueGrass Motorsports in Louisville is a Porsche/Audi dealer...they have always treated me first class....

One time, my Audi A6 4.2 developed a head gasket leak and damaged block 20k miles over warranty....The dealer and rep felt this was an aberration and I got a new engine out of it. In addition, while the car was in the shop, I was given a Boxster as a loaner and ended up putting 9,000 miles on it !!!!!

You know, they never said a word about it....Of course, I went on to buy my Cayenne from them, and any time any of my cars are in for service I get an awesome loaner offered. The last time, it was a brand new boxster with less than 50 miles on it !

I was also offered a CTT as a loaner, to see if I wanted to upgrade (talks in progress with my CPA !!!!).

This is a first class operation, and will get my future Porsche/Audi business....

Old 11-11-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by 02barebones996
i dunno every time i take my car in for service they offer me a rental car, but most times irefuse since, i have a 3rd car taht i use..
we have several cars too, but the dealer is appx 20 miles away and it seems both silly and inconvenient to have to have both of us drive up there to both drop the car off and pick it up when it's finished.

Old 11-11-2004, 04:46 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Originally posted by ben, lj
I don't give a schit if it's a Pcar or not, but would prefer whatever it is be similarly SAFE!

Ben what determines safe any decent car these days has airbags and if you determine that safe is indicated by cost you are mistaken, what you would rather be in an accident in your 996 then lets say a Chrysler 300? think again!

Old 11-11-2004, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Marc996Miami
Ben what determines safe any decent car these days has airbags and if you determine that safe is indicated by cost you are mistaken, what you would rather be in an accident in your 996 then lets say a Chrysler 300? think again!
Well we ditched an 03 M3 which has been tested as being very safe for the Cayenne for the increased weight and more importantly ride height. If you're telling me the Honda Accord loaner is remotely as safe as a Cayenne, then I'm going to be even more distraught with the POS.

Old 11-11-2004, 06:29 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by KLZ
My dealer told me they don't have any P-car loaners, they only give us Ford trucks from Budget! I just wonder what do CGT owners get when they drop the CGT off for service?!?!?!?!?!
Well, at leat you could go get some yard mulch or something with the truck!

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 11-11-2004, 06:43 AM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
Paramount Porshce in Hickory, NC, always strives to give good loaners (Boxster or Pepper). It worked on me as I now own a Pepper S and probably would not have purchased one had I not had the driving experience on a couple of opportunities as a loaner.

Old 11-11-2004, 06:46 AM
Banned
renntech36 is infamous around these partsrenntech36 is infamous around these parts
we at Brumos have approx. 25 loaners! , so your never leaving in anything but a benz or a porsche

Old 11-11-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by renntech36
we at Brumos have approx. 25 loaners! , so your never leaving in anything but a benz or a porsche
It's probably a good reason for why I've never heard anything but good stuff about Brumos.

Old 11-11-2004, 08:49 AM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
When I bought my car from Moffitt Porsche in Bossier City, LA, I had the owner's son, SM and salesman promise me I get a loaner no matter what. They have kept to their promise and I can't complain about this dealer at all. It's generally an Audi or VW and occasionally a Mazda 6 and they are clean. I must say having a Porsche dealer in a small town only six miles away has it's advantage. I guess I've been blessed. They don't try to rape you on the price of the cars or labor and parts. Good folks!

Old 11-11-2004, 08:54 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
I always get a Boxster loaner from Carlsen Porsche and a Disco from Redwood City Land Rover.

Old 11-11-2004, 08:57 AM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is infamous around these parts
GET YOUR MONEY's WORTH

Old 11-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
In Toronto they give Cayenne's as loaners at Downtown Fine Cars, that or A4's

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Loaner car