996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Loaner car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 10:25 PM
russbert is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

In the beginning (where have I heard that?) ... I used to get Boxster loaners but doesn't happen anymore. However, my dealership has always been extremely flexible in offering the "type" of car I need at the particular time.

Example: if I need to move someone or buy lots of stuff from Sam's I have gotten a Cayenne, van and even a Cadilliac once. If I want a car with great gas mileage I have received a Corolla S, Camry or similar vehicle. Bottom line: I have a great dealer (finding out this more & more) who works with me to meet my needs.

Old 11-11-2004, 10:40 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
My dealer gave me a new Boxster S last time I was in for service and I did not buy any of my cars from them. I have always used them for service though.

Old 11-11-2004, 10:50 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
When I lived in Honolulu and bought my cars from BMW of Honolulu, I always got a nice loaner based on who's vehicle was in for service. For my wife it was either a 5series or a 3 series. For me it was always a Z3, Z4 even an M3. I had purchased an 01M3, 01X5, 01Z8 and an 02 M5 from them and they always took good care of me. Red carpet stuff.

When I moved to Denver the tables were turned. I was treated no better than a guy off the street who had never purchased a vehicle before. I was told that had I purchased a vehicle from them things would change ... needles to say I currently own no BMWs.

When I move back to Honolulu I'll get BMWs again.

Old 11-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
We used to get Boxsters, but now that Sonic Group (or something like that) bought the dealer, they've become cost-cutting-*****.
Now we rentals from Budget. They're Jag X-types, so better than what I'm reading above, but I sure miss the Boxster loaners. I would get my car serviced when the weather was just right so I could enjoy that thing! Damn them and their cost cutting!

Old 11-11-2004, 11:03 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by NoMercy
When I lived in Honolulu and bought my cars from BMW of Honolulu, I always got a nice loaner based on who's vehicle was in for service. For my wife it was either a 5series or a 3 series. For me it was always a Z3, Z4 even an M3. I had purchased an 01M3, 01X5, 01Z8 and an 02 M5 from them and they always took good care of me. Red carpet stuff.

When I moved to Denver the tables were turned. I was treated no better than a guy off the street who had never purchased a vehicle before. I was told that had I purchased a vehicle from them things would change ... needles to say I currently own no BMWs.

Funny F off would have been my response to ??? BMW too...

Last edited by Gary (Fl); 11-12-2004 at 04:08 AM.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:54 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Actually it was Ralph Schomp ... for the record.

Old 11-12-2004, 01:08 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ben, lj
I don't give a schit if it's a Pcar or not, but would prefer whatever it is be similarly SAFE!

an accord is one of the safest cars out there

Old 11-12-2004, 01:10 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ben, lj
Well we ditched an 03 M3 which has been tested as being very safe for the Cayenne for the increased weight and more importantly ride height. If you're telling me the Honda Accord loaner is remotely as safe as a Cayenne, then I'm going to be even more distraught with the POS.

I looked up Cayenne crash testing and couldn't find data, but the Accord was in at the top of the list.

Old 11-12-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by NoMercy

My dad and bro both bought BMW's from the Long Beach dealer out here and always get either a 3 series, X3, or Z4.

So, yea, they get a loaner about once a month w/ their POS 7 series

Old 11-12-2004, 03:44 AM
Blazin Civic is infamous around these parts
Heh I would rather get a hyundai then be caught dead in a boxster

Old 11-12-2004, 03:52 AM
ever driven a boxster? Fun little cars

Old 11-12-2004, 04:06 AM
ChrisRC is infamous around these parts
There is something to be said for the additional safety provided by the mass of SUVs and trucks. I believe a fairly large percentage (over 50%?) of traffic fatalities occur in small sedans and coupes.

Old 11-12-2004, 04:45 AM
most likely outdated sedans and coupes. SUV's aren't exactly that safe. W/ all the technology put into these safety devices these days it's pretty hard to come across anything that isn't safe. To many people think hey big car, must be safe. Look at all the people that have lost lives in explorer rollovers, etc. Nothing out there is truely safe except your awareness.

What isn't safe is bad drivers in SUV's and big trucks

'

I mean look at some of the crash pics from this board, there was that 996 cab that flipped, you wouldn't think that was safe. Cabin was in perfect shape.

I'll have to find the pics I saw on one forum of a guy in a new cooper who went into a wall at about 60. Cabin was totally fine, rest of the car was gone.

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 11-12-2004 at 04:48 AM.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:26 AM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Blazin Civic
Heh I would rather get a hyundai then be caught dead in a boxster
With a name like your's. Oh, and like you live the Hilife?

Old 11-12-2004, 06:34 AM
Blazin Civic is infamous around these parts
Lol, hey I don't got my TT yet. When I finish up school though . Either way the boxster is a good car but I would feel mighty gay in a boxster. Just looks like such a chick car or as my uncle calls it...a poor mans porsche (not my words boxster guys!). Atleast in a hyundai everyone just thinks i'm poor instead of gay haha. The high life will come oneday but for now it is just sticking to kicking cocky boxster owners asses in turbo civics.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Loaner car